Sponsored Post: Infragistics, Velocity, Reality Check Network, Gigaspaces, AiCache, ElasticHosts, Logic Monitor, Attribution Modeling, New Relic, AppDynamics, CloudSigma, ManageEnine, Site24x7
- Are you looking for good people?
Fun and Informative Events
- The DevOps PaaS Infusion Meetup NYC - Taking Mission-Critical Apps to the Cloud. You’ll hear real world use cases from Microsoft, Aditi, Cisco, GigaSpaces, and C24. Register here: http://bit.ly/IpgpaN.
- O'Reilly Velocity, the Web Performance and Operations conference, is happening in Santa Clara, CA from June 25-27. Learn from your peers, exchange ideas with experts, and share best practices and lessons learned. Register here.
- Sign up for this free 30-minute webinar exploring how new technology can determine which ads have been seen by users and will discuss the C3 Metrics Labs analysis of over 2 billion impressions.
Cool Products and Services
- Reality Check Network offers powerful hosting solutions and managed servers for high traffic/bandwidth websites backed by unlimited network, server and application support.
- When you’re looking for the fastest, lightest, most complete toolset for rapidly building high performance Web 2.0 applications, you want NetAdvantage for ASP.NET.
- Create your most stunning, highly performant, and completely mobile HTML5 applications and dashboards on any browser, platform or device – only with NetAdvantage for jQuery.
- aiCache creates a better user experience by increasing the speed scale and stability of your web-site. Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required. http://aicache.com/deploy
- ElasticHosts award winning cloud server hosting launches across North America. Adding data centers in Los Angeles and Toronto. Free trial.
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- New Relic - real user monitoring optimize for humans, not bots. Live application stats, SQL/NoSQL performance, web transactions, proactive notifications. Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- CloudSigma. Utility style high performance cloud servers in the US and Europe delivered on all 10GigE networking. Run any OS, take advantage of SSD storage and tailored infrastructure options.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponsor, please read more below...
How to Manage and Scale a Website that Generates 200 Million Unique Pageviews Per Month
- 8 Database Servers
- 9 search servers
- 11 cache servers
- 23 app/web servers
- 17 encoding servers converting videos to H.264 for streaming and scrolling playback
- Half a Petabyte of Storage growing at 700GBs a day
- 25 Ad Servers delivering 20 Billion monthly impressions
- Nginx and Lighttpd web servers
- Memcache for caching
- MySQL with Slave replication for splitting READ and WRITEs
- Thin Application - Each subset of the application resides on a different set of servers allowing separate systems to fail without taking down the site - such as comments can be broken, search can be broken, media can be broken, but the website still loads
Create stunning mobile HTML5 applications with NetAdvantage for jQuery
If you want to create your best HTML5 applications for any browser, platform or device, you want NetAdvantage for jQuery. Our HTML5 controls and components make it fast and easy for you to build visually stunning and highly performant business intelligence applications and dashboards that work on any modern mobile device.
Deliver awesome user experience with expressive data visualizations and the best performing controls on the market, including the fastest jQuery grid control available anywhere. With NetAdvantage for jQuery, you can:
- Simplify the look of hierarchical data, while offering the experience, design and functionality your users will love with the Tree control;
- Choose from more than 20 Chart types, with motion framework and trend line indicators, for a range of business, scientific and financial charting scenarios;
- Combine interactive Outlook style grids with the Business Charting to deliver portable dashboard views across all of your devices;
- Present multiple parent-child relationships with the Hierarchical Grid, an expandable data grid that allows you to accurately display your visual hierarchy in place;
- Display real time data, or animate it over time with our HTML5 Charting controls; and
- Do it all through visually stunning, high performing applications and dashboards for any browser, platform or device.
Rapidly Build High performance Web 2.0 applications With NetAdvantage for ASP.NET
When you’re looking for the fastest, lightest, most complete toolset for rapidly building high performance Web 2.0 applications, you want NetAdvantage for ASP.NET. Our controls provide you with the ability to easily develop web applications along with great tooling support from Microsoft via Visual Studio IDE. Not only can you build Office-centric web applications, now you can create iOS mobile applications with versatility and performance typically reserved for desktop apps.
With NetAdvantage for ASP.NET, you can
- Build complete line of business applications in Office-like style, with performance optimized controls such Hierarchical Data Grid, Data Tree, Schedule, Excel Exporter and Editors;
- Load very large volumes of data at extremely high refresh rates with the fastest ASP.NET Grid on the market, which utilizes a pay-to-play model that reuses architecture to keep your application’s footprint low, while keeping the responsiveness high;
- Quickly create a custom look and feel using CSS and apply it to the entire application with ease using the styling framework and AppStylist tool;
- Expand the reach of your ASP.NET applications beyond the desktop and onto iPhone and iPad devices, with Touch supported controls available right out of the box; and
- Import and export Microsoft Excel workbooks in high-fidelity with speed and ease. The compiled assembly reads and writes widely-interoperable XLS/LSX file format and isn’t dependent on Excel, so there’s no heavy overhead.
The DevOps PaaS Infusion Meetup NYC
The DevOps PaaS Infusion Meetup NYC– We invite you to register to this all new meetup, and join us for the upcoming Cloud Computing Summit where a leading panel of CTOs and technical evangelists will explore the opportunities created by emerging cloud technologies – the most disruptive technology since the Internet. You’ll hear real world use cases from Microsoft, Aditi, Cisco, GigaSpaces, C24, a Fortune 100 Financial Institution, and learn how cloud computing is opening a whole new world of possibilities for enterprises and ISVs. Register here: http://bit.ly/IpgpaN
You can also join us for an additional meetup – Deploying your Big Data App on OpenStack at the OpenStack NYC Meetup – Register Here: http://bit.ly/JAwkC4
To hear more about our events and webinars visit CloudifySource.org: http://bit.ly/JmHpa6
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged.
ElasticHosts Launches across North America
ElasticHosts cloud server hosting launched across North America this month, adding data centers in Los Angeles and Toronto to existing locations in London and San Antonio.
- 5 data centers. Across US, Canada and UK
- Award-winning cloud servers. Best Cloud Service winners
- Fully flexible scaling. Not just fixed instance sizes
- Free trial. Just visit our website
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
New Relic - Real User Monitoring Optimize for Humans
Real-time visibility into: Gain valuable, real-time insight into browser response time Measure user satisfaction (Apdex) from both end-user and app perspectives Determine if bottlenecks are located in front end, the app, or connected systems.
Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
Attribution Modeling + Are Your Ads Seen
Tuesday, December 6th 1 - 1:30 PM EST
If you do any level of Display Adverting, you may be wondering:
- Are my ads actually being seen?
- What's a viewable impression?
- Do iFrames matter?
- How do we use this data intelligently?
The fact is, the IAB has issued recommendations that will redefine an impression and totally changes the game. Seen ad impressions will change more than 50% of all of your metrics, including Attribution. Knowing how to answer these questions can result in significant improvements in online advertising performance and puts you ahead of the rest of your coworkers.
This free 30-minute webinar will explore how new technology can determine which ads have been seen by users and will discuss the results of the C3 Metrics Labs analysis of over 2 billion impressions in Q4.
Sign up at http://www.attributionmodeling.com
ScaleOut StateServer® Delivers Map/Reduce Analysis and Scalable Application Performance
Using distributed data grids on high demand Web sites has become a common practice to provide scalability and high availability, but did you know that a distributed in-memory data grid such as ScaleOut StateServer® can be used to analyze in-memory data in near real-time?
The map/reduce development model has recently grown in popularity as open source solutions such as Hadoop have captured media attention. While popular for very large datasets, Hadoop uses a file system for storage, slowing down performance – and it can be hard to use. ScaleOut StateServer’s in-memory data grids do fully parallel map/reduce exceptionally fast by performing all operations on data stored in memory, avoiding I/O bottlenecks inherent in disk-based storage. With ScaleOut StateServer, data is analyzed in place reducing network traffic and simplifying development time by automatically pushing the user’s computational logic to every node in the grid. With integrated APIs that enable on-demand analytics, long computational runs are over. You don’t even need parallel programming skills.
ScaleOut StateServer is compatible with all major platforms and languages making it a highly adaptable development solution. You can even seamlessly migrate your on-premise data grid to and from the cloud for additional scalability.
Gain competitive advantage with rapid access to business intelligence. Learn more about ScaleOut StateServer® and download a free evaluation trial today.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
Utility style high performance cloud servers in the US and Europe delivered on all 10GigE networking. Run any OS, take advantage of SSD storage and tailored infrastructure options.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .