Sponsored Post: Apple, ScaleOut, FreeAgent, CloudStats.me, Intechnica, Couchbase, MongoDB, Stackdriver, BlueStripe, Booking, Rackspace, AiCache, Aerospike, New Relic, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple is hiring for multiple positions. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
- Sr. Software Engineer. The Identity Management Services team at Apple is in search of a motivated Senior Software Engineer who is self-driven and has a proven track record in design and development of complex, highly available and scalable systems. Please apply here.
- SQE and Operations Manager, iOS Systems. The iOS Systems team is looking for an experienced hands-on manager to lead the Quality Engineering, Build and Release Engineering team. Please apply here.
- Senior Engineer: Emerging Technology. Apple’s Emerging Technology group is looking for a senior engineer passionate about exploring emerging technologies to create paradigm shifting cloud based solutions. Please apply here.
- Senior Storage Engineer. Software Engineering Operations (SEO) is seeking an experienced storage engineer to join our team. This role will focus on designing, deploying and maintaining critical SAN and NAS storage solutions. Please apply here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
- FreeAgent are looking for a talented Operations Engineer to come and work on the FreeAgent app, internal services and supporting infrastructure. You'll be working alongside our Ops team squashing single points of failure, fixing bottlenecks, profiling load and solving interesting scaling and automation problems. Please apply here.
- Intechnica is looking for Performance Architects, Performance Engineers, a Lead Automation Engineer, and a Solution Assurance Analyst. If making super-fast systems is your forte, send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stackdriver is looking for systems + cloud + dev + ops guru to serve as our liaison within the DevOps community. If you are passionate about monitoring and automation, enjoy working on open source, and are excited by the prospect of sharing your expertise with your peers, get in touch with us today! http://bit.ly/143ARmy
- We need awesome people @ Booking.com - We want YOU! Come design next generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases. Please apply online.
- LogicMonitor is looking for a Front End developer to have a huge impact, be valued, realize their dreams, and help us realize ours. We are looking for someone to own the code that delivers the design and usability of LogicMonitor's enterprise SaaS application(s). Please apply online.
- New Relic is looking for a Java Instrumentation Engineer, Java Scalability Engineer, Distributed Systems Engineer and Android app engineer in Portland, OR. Ready to scale a web service with more incoming bits/second than Twitter?
Fun and Informative Events
- Your event here.
Cool Products and Services
- Rapidly Develop Hadoop MapReduce Code. With ScaleOut hServer™ you can use a subset of your Hadoop data and run your MapReduce code in seconds for fast code development and you don’t need to load and manage the Hadoop software stack, it's a self-contained Hadoop MapReduce execution environment. To learn more check out www.scaleoutsoftware.com/prototypehadoop/.
- CloudStats.me - Monitor all your VPS, Dedicated and Cloud servers from one place. Whether you have only one server or hundreds of them, you will be able to check their status in seconds from the dashboard. Try server monitoring now for free.
- The leading technology companies use Couchbase as their NoSQL database. Download the free open-source version of Couchbase Server and make something awesome today.
- MongoDB Management Service (MMS) is a cloud-based suite of services for managing MongoDB deployments. In addition to monitoring and alerting, now you can seamlessly back up your MongoDB deployment to the cloud using using MMS. To get started with monitoring and backup, visit mms.mongodb.com.
- BlueStripe FactFinder Express is the ultimate tool for server monitoring and solving performance problems. Monitor URL response times and see if the problem is the application, a back-end call, a disk, or OS resources.
- NEW! Aerospike 3 - Download FREE. Introducing the new Aerospike 3 database that builds off of Aerospike's legacy of speed, scale, and reliability, adding an extensible data model that supports complex data types, large data types, queries using secondary indexes, user defined functions (UDFs) and distributed aggregations using Stream UDFs for real-time data.
- The Rackspace Cloud Application Programming Interface (API) has changed the game allowing customers to easily modify their cloud configuration with just a few lines of code. The API is a powerful tool and something everyone should know about, regardless of your level of technical ability.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile integrated solutions for Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Simplifying Mobile Content. Free instant trial, no sign-up required . http://aicache.com/
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
Rapidly Develop Hadoop MapReduce Code
Hadoop is great for storing and analyzing vast amounts of data. But code development is a problem. With ScaleOut hServer™, you can use a subset of your Hadoop data and run your MapReduce code in seconds for fast code development. Best of all, you don’t need to load and manage the Hadoop software stack - ScaleOut hServer is a self-contained Hadoop MapReduce execution environment. ScaleOut hServer comes in a free community edition for up to four servers and 256GB data sets. To learn more check out www.scaleoutsoftware.com/prototypehadoop.
FreeAgent are looking for a talented Operations Engineer
FreeAgent are looking for a talented Operations Engineer to come and work on the FreeAgent app, internal services and supporting infrastructure. You'll be working alongside our Ops team squashing single points of failure, fixing bottlenecks, profiling load and solving interesting scaling and automation problems.
Our Operations team is responsible for the application in production at all levels in our stack. Being this flexible mean we've achieved near 100% uptime over the past year (99.99%) whilst performing daily code deployments, countless database migrations and, at the start of the year, a complete data-center migration with only an 8 minute period of scheduled maintenance. We're happy with this, and we're looking for people who can help us keep going!
FreeAgent is the leading UK SaaS accounting platform with over 33,000 subscribers and an impressive growth rate to match. Our ambition means we're not stuck for interesting technical challenges and our aim is to provide a friendly, creative and supportive environment in which to tackle and solve them!
Please apply here.
CloudStats.me - Monitor all your VPS, Dedicated and Cloud servers from one place.
CloudStats.me is a new cloud-based server monitoring platform. It allows you to check the status of all your Virtual, Dedicated and Cloud servers from one place. Whether your server runs on Windows or Linux, with CloudStats you will know it's processor, network and memory usage. Configurable alerts allow you to get notifications by email or Skype when something happens to your server.
CloudStats.me is currently one of the easiest server monitoring tools on the market as it requires no special skills to operate. Whether you have only one server or hundreds of them, you will be able to check their status in seconds from the dashboard. Each server can then be viewed separately to get more information about it. Try server monitoring now for free.
Can you make websites faster? Intechnica is Hiring
Intechnica are the performance experts and as part of our continual expansion, we’re hiring for a number of roles in Manchester and London. We’re at the cutting edge of IT performance, bringing in the best people and using best of breed tools and technologies to help our clients (brands like Asos and Channel 4) speed up their systems, improve their processes and increase their revenues. If you’ve got what it takes, we want you to come and join our team of experienced Performance Consultants, Engineers, Testers and Developers!
We are looking for Performance Architects, Performance Engineers, a Lead Automation Engineer, and a Solution Assurance Analyst. If making super-fast systems is your forte, send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com, or read more about what we do over at intechnica.co.uk.
Download the NoSQL database tech leaders prefer
Couchbase Server is the preferred document-oriented database for the world's leading technology companies. Thanks to a flexible JSON model, Couchbase Server makes it easy to modify your applications without the constraints of a fixed database schema. Submillisecond, high-throughput reads and writes give you consistent high performance. Couchbase Server is easy to scale out, and supports topology changes with no downtime.
Companies like AOL, Cisco, Concur, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Shuffle Master, Zynga and hundreds of others around the world use Couchbase Server for their interactive web and mobile applications. Findout why by downloading our free open-source NoSQL database and make something awesome today!
MongoDB Management Service (MMS)
MongoDB Management Service (MMS) is a cloud-based suite of services for managing MongoDB deployments.
MMS offers free monitoring specifically for MongoDB, providing you with valuable insight into key database and hardware metrics, like ops counters, memory utilization, lock percentage, and page faults. You can set up custom alerts to notify you when particular metrics are out of normal range.
MMS also enables users to back up and restore MongoDB systems in real-time. Engineered for MongoDB, it features point-in-time recovery and is hosted in reliable, redundant and secure data centers.
To get started with monitoring and backup, visit mms.mongodb.com.
Stackdriver is looking for systems + cloud + dev + ops guru
Stackdriver is looking for systems + cloud + dev + ops guru to serve as our liaison within the DevOps community. If you are passionate about monitoring and automation, enjoy working on open source, and are excited by the prospect of sharing your expertise with your peers, get in touch with us today! http://bit.ly/143ARmy
We Need Awesome People @ Booking.Com - We Want YOU!
The colors of the buttons matter. The speed of your queries matter. The run time of your request matters. And you want to measure it all. We want exceptional people like you to come design next generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases in the world.
Our diverse, international team of UX Designers, System Administrators and Perl Hackers here in Amsterdam, Netherlands needs your talents. Booking.com will offer you a competitive salary with bonuses, extensive relocation package and great opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company.
Apply online: http://www.booking.com/jobs.en-us.html?st=list
AppDynamics now offers a trial of its fully-featured application performance management product
AppDynamics offers an easy-to-use application performance monitoring solution for Java, .NET and PHP applications running in a live production environment. Companies like Netflix, Orbitz and Edmunds.com use AppDynamics to rapidly identify & troubleshoot root cause in their large, distributed applications.
Try AppDynamics for free with AppDynamics Lite, a free troubleshooting tool for Java & .NET apps, or a free trial of AppDynamics Pro, their fully-featured application performance management solution. Both Lite and a trial version of Pro are available for download from appdynamics.com and take only a few minutes to install. Get the free trial.
What The Rackspace Cloud API Can Do For Your Business
The Rackspace Cloud Application Programming Interface (API) has changed the game allowing customers to easily modify their cloud configuration with just a few lines of code. The API is a powerful tool regardless of your level of technical ability.
So what exactly can you do with the Rackspace Cloud API? Anything you can dream up. By stringing together commands, you can have your application dynamically modify your cloud environment three of the most popular things that customers do with the Rackspace API.
NEW! Aerospike 3 - Download FREE
Introducing the new Aerospike 3 database that builds off of Aerospike's legacy of speed, scale, and reliability, adding an extensible data model that supports complex data types, large data types, queries using secondary indexes, user defined functions (UDFs) and distributed aggregations using Stream UDFs for real-time data.
Now you can push functionality into Aerospike 3 to process more data faster to create the richest, most relevant real-time interactions.
Aerospike 3 Community Edition is a free unlimited license designed for a single cluster of up to two nodes and storage of up to 200GB of data. Enterprise version is available upon request.
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged. http://aicache.com/deploy
LogicMonitor is Hiring a Front End Engineer
Growing SaaS company seeks Front End Developer for long-lasting and mutually fulfilling relationship! LogicMonitor is looking for a Front End developer to have a huge impact, be valued, realize their dreams, and help us realize ours.
Big talk, but we mean it. LogicMonitor is in an interesting phase of a company's life: we have a great product, thousands of users, rapidly growing revenue - but have never had a dedicated front end engineer. We've realized the error of our ways, and are putting design first. Customers like our product now - can you imagine what impact a great front end developer will have? Can you imagine how much fun it will be to have such an impact?
So what are we looking for? Someone to own the code that delivers the design and usability of LogicMonitor's enterprise SaaS application(s), and ensure they are highly functional, performant, and visually compelling. Someone to lead the implementation to change a product that customers like for its functionality into one they delight in using for its design. Could that someone be you.
Please apply online.
New Relic is Hiring
Java Instrumentation Engineer
Here at New Relic, we have a passion for crafting extraordinary and beautiful products that help and inspire people to build modern software.
New Relic is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our world-class Java Agent team. The Java Agent team ensures that New Relic provide the best possible experience for customers running Java, Scala, and other languages on the JVM.
Interested? Click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter
Java Scalability Engineer
Are you ready for the challenges of scaling a web service that's already got more incoming bits/second than Twitter? We're looking for a pragmatic engineer who has built systems that scale for growth.
Interested? Click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter
Distributed Systems Engineer
We are New Relic and we help developers answer the question “why is my app slow?”. Our team is looking for an engineer with experience on the JVM who thrives on a small, collaborative team and wants to build new products that are used and loved by other developers.
Interested? Click on the link below
Android app engineer
Want to create one of best Android apps in the Play Store and work in one of the best engineering companies in Portland and San Francisco? New Relic has the job for you!!
Interested click on the link below
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .