Sponsored Post: Apple, Couchbase, Evernote, 10gen, Stackdriver, BlueStripe, Surge, Booking, Rackspace, AiCache, Aerospike, New Relic, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Evernote is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer in our mission to help the world remember everything. Our work environment is collaborative and relaxed, our benefits and perks are fantastic, and we enrich the lives of more than 65 million users worldwide every day! Please apply here.
- Stackdriver is looking for systems + cloud + dev + ops guru to serve as our liaison within the DevOps community. If you are passionate about monitoring and automation, enjoy working on open source, and are excited by the prospect of sharing your expertise with your peers, get in touch with us today! http://bit.ly/143ARmy
- We need awesome people @ Booking.com - We want YOU! Come design next generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases. Please apply online.
- Apple Applications Architect. Apple's Customer Systems group, within the global Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) organization, helps design and implement all of the critical infrastructure that allows Apple to provide the best support in the world. Imagine what you could do here. Please apply here.
- Apple Software Engineer, Researcher. The OS X Analytics group is looking for a skilled software engineer. In this position you will develop tools to collect, process, and analyze data from millions of systems. Imagine what you could do here. Please apply here.
- LogicMonitor is looking for a Front End developer to have a huge impact, be valued, realize their dreams, and help us realize ours. We are looking for someone to own the code that delivers the design and usability of LogicMonitor's enterprise SaaS application(s). Please apply online.
- New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR. Ready to scale a web service with more incoming bits/second than Twitter? http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
Fun and Informative Events
- Surge - The Scalability & Performance Conference, presented by OmniTI, Sept. 12th-13th, features speakers from Joyent, Fastly, Dyn, Netflix, Linkedin and Amazon. Special, High Scalability Reader Rate: $50 off registration--through Sept. 10! Book hotel and get $50 off, from OmniTI.
Cool Products and Services
- The leading technology companies use Couchbase as their NoSQL database. Download the free open-source version of Couchbase Server and make something awesome today.
- MongoDB Management Service (MMS) is a cloud-based suite of services for managing MongoDB deployments. In addition to monitoring and alerting, now you can seamlessly back up your MongoDB deployment to the cloud using using MMS. To get started with monitoring and backup, visit mms.mongodb.com.
- BlueStripe FactFinder Express is the ultimate tool for server monitoring and solving performance problems. Monitor URL response times and see if the problem is the application, a back-end call, a disk, or OS resources.
- AppDynamics is an easy-to-use application performance management solution that offers code-level insight into Java, .NET and PHP applications. Get the free trial.
- NEW! Aerospike 3 - Download FREE. Introducing the new Aerospike 3 database that builds off of Aerospike's legacy of speed, scale, and reliability, adding an extensible data model that supports complex data types, large data types, queries using secondary indexes, user defined functions (UDFs) and distributed aggregations using Stream UDFs for real-time data.
- The Rackspace Cloud Application Programming Interface (API) has changed the game allowing customers to easily modify their cloud configuration with just a few lines of code. The API is a powerful tool and something everyone should know about, regardless of your level of technical ability.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile integrated solutions for Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Simplifying Mobile Content. Free instant trial, no sign-up required . http://aicache.com/
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
Download the NoSQL database tech leaders prefer
Couchbase Server is the preferred document-oriented database for the world's leading technology companies. Thanks to a flexible JSON model, Couchbase Server makes it easy to modify your applications without the constraints of a fixed database schema. Submillisecond, high-throughput reads and writes give you consistent high performance. Couchbase Server is easy to scale out, and supports topology changes with no downtime.
Companies like AOL, Cisco, Concur, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Shuffle Master, Zynga and hundreds of others around the world use Couchbase Server for their interactive web and mobile applications. Findout why by downloading our free open-source NoSQL database and make something awesome today!
MongoDB Management Service (MMS)
MongoDB Management Service (MMS) is a cloud-based suite of services for managing MongoDB deployments.
MMS offers free monitoring specifically for MongoDB, providing you with valuable insight into key database and hardware metrics, like ops counters, memory utilization, lock percentage, and page faults. You can set up custom alerts to notify you when particular metrics are out of normal range.
MMS also enables users to back up and restore MongoDB systems in real-time. Engineered for MongoDB, it features point-in-time recovery and is hosted in reliable, redundant and secure data centers.
To get started with monitoring and backup, visit mms.mongodb.com.
Stackdriver is looking for systems + cloud + dev + ops guru
Stackdriver is looking for systems + cloud + dev + ops guru to serve as our liaison within the DevOps community. If you are passionate about monitoring and automation, enjoy working on open source, and are excited by the prospect of sharing your expertise with your peers, get in touch with us today! http://bit.ly/143ARmy
We Need Awesome People @ Booking.Com - We Want YOU!
The colors of the buttons matter. The speed of your queries matter. The run time of your request matters. And you want to measure it all. We want exceptional people like you to come design next generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases in the world.
Our diverse, international team of UX Designers, System Administrators and Perl Hackers here in Amsterdam, Netherlands needs your talents. Booking.com will offer you a competitive salary with bonuses, extensive relocation package and great opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company.
Apply online: http://www.booking.com/jobs.en-us.html?st=list
AppDynamics now offers a trial of its fully-featured application performance management product
AppDynamics offers an easy-to-use application performance monitoring solution for Java, .NET and PHP applications running in a live production environment. Companies like Netflix, Orbitz and Edmunds.com use AppDynamics to rapidly identify & troubleshoot root cause in their large, distributed applications.
Try AppDynamics for free with AppDynamics Lite, a free troubleshooting tool for Java & .NET apps, or a free trial of AppDynamics Pro, their fully-featured application performance management solution. Both Lite and a trial version of Pro are available for download from appdynamics.com and take only a few minutes to install. Get the free trial.
What The Rackspace Cloud API Can Do For Your Business
The Rackspace Cloud Application Programming Interface (API) has changed the game allowing customers to easily modify their cloud configuration with just a few lines of code. The API is a powerful tool regardless of your level of technical ability.
So what exactly can you do with the Rackspace Cloud API? Anything you can dream up. By stringing together commands, you can have your application dynamically modify your cloud environment three of the most popular things that customers do with the Rackspace API.
Surge 2013: The Scalability And Performance Conference
Surge - The Scalability & Performance Conference, presented by OmniTI, Sept. 12th-13th, features speakers from Joyent, Fastly, Dyn, Netflix, Linkedin and Amazon. Special, High Scalability Reader Rate: $50 off registration--through Sept. 10! Book hotel and get $50 off, from OmniTI.
NEW! Aerospike 3 - Download FREE
Introducing the new Aerospike 3 database that builds off of Aerospike's legacy of speed, scale, and reliability, adding an extensible data model that supports complex data types, large data types, queries using secondary indexes, user defined functions (UDFs) and distributed aggregations using Stream UDFs for real-time data.
Now you can push functionality into Aerospike 3 to process more data faster to create the richest, most relevant real-time interactions.
Aerospike 3 Community Edition is a free unlimited license designed for a single cluster of up to two nodes and storage of up to 200GB of data. Enterprise version is available upon request.
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged. http://aicache.com/deploy
LogicMonitor is Hiring a Front End Engineer
Growing SaaS company seeks Front End Developer for long-lasting and mutually fulfilling relationship! LogicMonitor is looking for a Front End developer to have a huge impact, be valued, realize their dreams, and help us realize ours.
Big talk, but we mean it. LogicMonitor is in an interesting phase of a company's life: we have a great product, thousands of users, rapidly growing revenue - but have never had a dedicated front end engineer. We've realized the error of our ways, and are putting design first. Customers like our product now - can you imagine what impact a great front end developer will have? Can you imagine how much fun it will be to have such an impact?
So what are we looking for? Someone to own the code that delivers the design and usability of LogicMonitor's enterprise SaaS application(s), and ensure they are highly functional, performant, and visually compelling. Someone to lead the implementation to change a product that customers like for its functionality into one they delight in using for its design. Could that someone be you.
Please apply online.
New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR
What tools would you use? We build our data collectors with Java and MySQL, on a fairly typical web stack that handles 50+ billion incoming rows per day. We use Thrift, memcached, git, and Jenkins, with Linux in production and OS X on our desks. Other than that, we expect that you will use the right tool for the job. You'll evaluate technology choices with clear vision. You'll learn every day about what works and what doesn't by monitoring, evaluating, and continuously delivering your work to customers.
Apply at http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .