Hey, it's HighScalability time:
The world ends not with a bang, but with 1 exaFLOP of bitcoin whimpers.
- Quotable Quotes:
- @EtienneRoy: Algorithm: you must encode and leverage your ignorance, not only your knowledge #hadoopsummit - enthralling
- Chris Brenny: A material is nothing without a process. While the constituent formulation imbues the final product with fundamental properties, the bridge between material and function has a dramatic effect on its perception and use.
- @gallifreyan: Using AWS c1, m1, m2? @adrianco says don't. c3, m3, r3 are now better and cheaper. #cloudconnect #ccevent
- @christianhern: Mobile banking in the UK: 1,800 transactions per MINUTE. A "seismic shift" that banks were unprepared for
- While we are waiting for that epic article deeply comparing Google's Cloud with AWS, we have Adrian Cockcroft's highly hopped slide comparing the two. Google: no enterprise customers, no reservation options, need more regions and zones, need lower inter-zone latency, no SSD options. AWS: no per minute billing, need simpler discount options, need more regions and zones, no real PaaS strategy, not instance migration.
- Technology has change us from a demo or die culture to a deploy or die culture. We see this in software, but it's happening in hardware too says, Joi Ito (MIT Media Lab), in this interview.
- The Curmudgeon of Truth declares I reckon your message broker might be a bad idea: Engineering in practice is not a series of easy choices, but a series of tradeoffs. Brokers aren’t bad, but the tradeoffs you’re making might not be in your favour." < Good discussion on Hacker News.
- High phive this. Your application may already achieved a degree of consciousness. An information integration theory of consciousness: consciousness corresponds to the capacity of a system to integrate information.
- People really really like to talk. Line, a messaging app that's big in Japan, surpasses 400 Million Registered Users, 10 billion chat messages per day, 1.8 billion stickers per day, and over 12 million calls per day.
Don't miss all that the Internet has to say on Scalability, click below and become eventually consistent with all scalability knowledge...