Sponsored Post: Apple, Cloudant, CopperEgg, Logentries, Wargaming.net, PagerDuty, HelloSign, CrowdStrike, Gengo, ScaleOut Software, Couchbase, MongoDB, BlueStripe, AiScaler, Aerospike, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple has multiple openings. Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. Imagine what you could do here.
- Enterprise Software Engineer. Apple's Emerging Technology Services group provides a Java based SOA platform for various applications to interact with each other. The platform is designed to handle millions of messages a day with very low latency. We have an immediate opening for a talented Software Engineer in a highly visible team who is passionate about exploring emerging technologies to create elegant scalable solutions. Please apply here.
- Mobile Services Software Engineer. The Emerging Technologies/Mobile Services team is looking for a proactive and hardworking software engineer to join our team. The team is responsible for a variety of high quality and high performing mobile services and applications for internal use. Please apply here.
- Sr. Software Engineer-iOS Systems. Do you love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Does the idea of performance tuning Java applications make your heart leap? If so, iOS Systems is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic individual with excellent written and oral skills who is not afraid to think outside the box and question assumptions. Please apply here.
- Senior Software Engineering Manager. As a Senior Software Engineering Manager on our team, you will be managing teams of very dedicated and talented engineering team. You will be responsible for managing the development of mobile point of sale system on iPod touch hardware. Please apply here.
- Sr Software Engineer - Messaging Services. An exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join Apple's Messaging Services team. We build the cloud systems that power some of the busiest applications in the world, including iMessage, FaceTime and Apple Push Notifications. We handle hundreds of millions of active users using some of the most desirable devices on the planet and several Billion iMesssages/day, 40 billion push notifications/day, 16+ trillion push notifications sent to date. Please apply here.
- Engine Programmer - C/C++. Wargaming|BigWorld is seeking Engine Programmers to join our team in Sydney, Australia. We offer a relocation package, Australian working visa & great salary + bonus. Your primary responsibility will be to work on our PC engine. Please apply here.
- Senior Engineer wanted for large scale, security oriented distributed systems application that offers career growth and independent work environment. Use your talents for good instead of getting people to click ads at CrowdStrike. Please apply here.
- Ops Engineer - Are you passionate about scaling and automating cloud-based websites? Love Puppet and deployment scripts? Want to take advantage of both your sys-admin and DevOps skills? Join HelloSign as our second Ops Engineer and help us scale as we grow! Apply at http://www.hellosign.com/info/jobs
- Human Translation Platform Gengo Seeks Sr. DevOps Engineer. Build an infrastructure capable of handling billions of translation jobs, worked on by tens of thousands of qualified translators. If you love playing with Amazon’s AWS, understand the challenges behind release-engineering, and get a kick out of analyzing log data for performance bottlenecks, please apply here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- The Biggest MongoDB Event Ever Is On. Will You Be There? Join us in New York City June 23-25 for MongoDB World! The conference lineup includes Amazon CTO Werner Vogels and Cloudera Co-Founder Mike Olson for keynote addresses. You’ll walk away with everything you need to know to build and manage modern applications. Register before April 4 to take advantage of super early bird pricing.
- Upcoming Webinar: Practical Guide to SQL - NoSQL Migration. Avoid common pitfalls of NoSQL deployment with the best practices in this May 8 webinar with Anton Yazovskiy of Thumbtack Technology. He will review key questions to ask before migration, and differences in data modeling and architectural approaches. Finally, he will walk you through a typical application based on RDBMS and will migrate it to NoSQL step by step. Register for the webinar.
Cool Products and Services
- The NoSQL "Family Tree" from Cloudant explains the NoSQL product landscape using an infographic. The highlights: NoSQL arose from "Big Data" (before it was called "Big Data"); NoSQL is not "One Size Fits All"; Vendor-driven versus Community-driven NoSQL. Create a free Cloudant account and start the NoSQL goodness.
- Finally, log management and analytics can be easy, accessible across your team, and provide deep insights into data that matters across the business - from development, to operations, to business analytics. Create your free Logentries account here.
- CopperEgg. Simple, Affordable Cloud Monitoring. CopperEgg gives you instant visibility into all of your cloud-hosted servers and applications. Cloud monitoring has never been so easy: lightweight, elastic monitoring; root cause analysis; data visualization; smart alerts. Get Started Now.
- PagerDuty helps operations and DevOps engineers resolve problems as quickly as possible. By aggregating errors from all your IT monitoring tools, and allowing easy on-call scheduling that ensures the right alerts reach the right people, PagerDuty increases uptime and reduces on-call burnout—so that you only wake up when you have to. Thousands of companies rely on PagerDuty, including Netflix, Etsy, Heroku, and Github.
- Aerospike Releases Client SDK for Node.js 0.10.x. This client makes it easy to build applications in Node.js that need to store and retrieve data from a high-performance Aerospike cluster. This version exposes Key-Value Store functionality - which is the core of Aerospike's In-Memory NoSQL Database. Platforms supported: CentOS 6, RHEL 6, Debian 6, Debian7, Mac OS X, Ubuntu 12.04. Write your first app: https://github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-nodejs.
- consistent: to be, or not to be. That’s the question. Is data in MongoDB consistent? It depends. It’s a trade-off between consistency and performance. However, does performance have to be sacrificed to maintain consistency? more.
- Do Continuous MapReduce on Live Data? ScaleOut Software's hServer was built to let you hold your daily business data in-memory, update it as it changes, and concurrently run continuous MapReduce tasks on it to analyze it in real-time. We call this "stateful" analysis. To learn more check out hServer.
- LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting.
- BlueStripe FactFinder Express is the ultimate tool for server monitoring and solving performance problems. Monitor URL response times and see if the problem is the application, a back-end call, a disk, or OS resources.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...