Sponsored Post: OpenDNS, MongoDB, Internap, Aerospike, Nervana, SignalFx, InMemory.Net, Couchbase, VividCortex, Transversal, MemSQL, Scalyr, AiScaler, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- The Cloud Platform team at OpenDNS is building a PaaS for our engineering teams to build and deliver their applications. This is a well rounded team covering software, systems, and network engineering and expect your code to cut across all layers, from the network to the application. Learn More
- At Scalyr, we're analyzing multi-gigabyte server logs in a fraction of a second. That requires serious innovation in every part of the technology stack, from frontend to backend. Help us push the envelope on low-latency browser applications, high-speed data processing, and reliable distributed systems. Help extract meaningful data from live servers and present it to users in meaningful ways. At Scalyr, you’ll learn new things, and invent a few of your own. Learn more and apply.
- Nervana Systems is hiring several engineers for cloud positions. Nervana is a startup based in Mountain View and San Diego working on building a highly scalable deep learning platform on CPUs, GPUs and custom hardware. Deep Learning is an AI/ML technique breaking all the records by a wide-margin in state of the art benchmarks across domains such as image & video analysis, speech recognition and natural language processing. Please apply here and mention “highscalability.com” in your message.
- Linux Web Server Systems Engineer – Transversal. We are seeking an experienced and motivated Linux System Engineer to join our Engineering team. This new role is to design, test, install, and provide ongoing daily support of our information technology systems infrastructure. As an experienced Engineer you will have comprehensive capabilities for understanding hardware/software configurations that comprise system, security, and library management, backup/recovery, operating computer systems in different operating environments, sizing, performance tuning, hardware/software troubleshooting and resource allocation. Apply here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- MongoDB World brings together over 2,000 developers, sysadmins, and DBAs in New York City on June 1-2 to get inspired, share ideas and get the latest insights on using MongoDB. Organizations like Salesforce, Bosch, the Knot, Chico’s, and more are taking advantage of MongoDB for a variety of ground-breaking use cases. Find out more at http://mongodbworld.com/ but hurry! Super Early Bird pricing ends on April 3.
Cool Products and Services
- SQL for Big Data: Price-performance Advantages of Bare Metal. When building your big data infrastructure, price-performance is a critical factor to evaluate. Data-intensive workloads with the capacity to rapidly scale to hundreds of servers can escalate costs beyond your expectations. The inevitable growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) and fast big data will only lead to larger datasets, and a high-performance infrastructure and database platform will be essential to extracting business value while keeping costs under control. Read more.
- Looking for a scalable NoSQL database alternative? Aerospike is validating the future of ACID compliant NoSQL with our open source Key-Value Store database for real-time transactions. Download our free Community Edition or check out the Trade-In program to get started. Learn more.
- SignalFx: just launched an advanced monitoring platform for modern applications that's already processing 10s of billions of data points per day. SignalFx lets you create custom analytics pipelines on metrics data collected from thousands or more sources to create meaningful aggregations--such as percentiles, moving averages and growth rates--within seconds of receiving data. Start a free 30-day trial!
- InMemory.Net provides a Dot Net native in memory database for analysing large amounts of data. It runs natively on .Net, and provides a native .Net, COM & ODBC apis for integration. It also has an easy to use language for importing data, and supports standard SQL for querying data. http://InMemory.Net
- Benchmark: MongoDB 3.0 (w/ WiredTiger) vs. Couchbase 3.0.2. Even after the competition's latest update, are they more tired than wired? Get the Report.
- VividCortex goes beyond monitoring and measures the system's work on your MySQL and PostgreSQL servers, providing unparalleled insight and query-level analysis. This unique approach ultimately enables your team to work more effectively, ship more often, and delight more customers.
- MemSQL provides a distributed in-memory database for high value data. It's designed to handle extreme data ingest and store the data for real-time, streaming and historical analysis using SQL. MemSQL also cost effectively supports both application and ad-hoc queries concurrently across all data. Start a free 30 day trial here: http://www.memsql.com/
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Also available on Amazon Web Services. Free instant trial, 2 hours of FREE deployment support, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...