Sponsored Post: Apple, Flipboard, All Your Base, Scalyr, FoundationDB, AiScaler, Aerospike, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple has multiple openings. Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. Imagine what you could do here.
- Siri Operations Developer. Apple is looking for talented developers to help build the next generation internal cloud platform for Siri. This person should be excited about solving difficult distributed systems problems as well as constantly improving user-experience. This person will be working with a highly technical and motivated team solving the hard problems. Please apply here.
- Site Reliability Engineer. The Apple Pay Site Reliability Team is hiring for multiple roles focused on the front line customer experience and the back end integration of Apple systems with our Network and Banking partners. Please apply here.
- Senior Software Engineer, iTunes Infrastructure. Hands-on senior software engineering for the iTunes digital media supply chain engineering team. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral communication skills. Please apply here.
- iTunes - Content Management Tools Engineer. The candidate should have several years experience developing large-scale web-based applications using object-oriented languages. Excellent understanding of relational databases and data-modeling techniques is also a must. Please apply here.
- Senior Engineer: Mobile Services. The Emerging Technologies/Mobile Services team is looking for a proactive and hardworking software engineer to join our team. The team is responsible for a variety of high quality and high performing mobile services and applications for internal use. We seek an accomplished server-side engineer capable of delivering an extraordinary portfolio of features and services based on emerging technologies to our internal customers. Please apply here.
- Apple Pay Automation Engineer. The Apple Pay group within iOS Systems is looking for a outstanding automation engineer with strong experience in building client and server test automation. We work in an agile software development environment and are building infrastructure to move towards continuous delivery where every code change is thoroughly tested by push of a button and is considered ready to be deployed if we choose so. Please apply here.
- Flipboard's Site Reliability Engineering Team is hiring! This team offers great challenges solving unique problems unlike any you have seen! They work exclusively in the cloud, ensuring a highly available and performant product to millions of users daily. If you have a passion for large-scale systems, next generation provisioning and orchestration tools apply here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- All Your Base is the only curated database conference of its kind in the UK. Listen to talks from database creators, industry leaders and developers working at the coal face on where to store and how to handle your data. Book tickets.
Cool Products and Services
- FoundationDB launches SQL Layer. SQL Layer is an ANSI SQL engine that stores its data in the FoundationDB Key-Value Store, inheriting its exceptional properties like automatic fault tolerance and scalability. It is best suited for operational (OLTP) applications with high concurrency. Users of the Key Value store will have free access to SQL Layer. SQL Layer is also open source, you can get started with it on GitHub as well.
- Better, Faster, Cheaper: Pick Three. Scalyr is your universal tool for visibility into your production systems. Log aggregation, server metrics, monitoring, alerting, dashboards, and more. Not just “hosted grep” or “hosted graphs”; our columnar data store enables enterprise-grade functionality with sane pricing and insane performance. Trusted by in-the-know companies like Codecademy – get on board!
Are You a Startup in need of Reliable Speed at Scale? The Aerospike Startup Special provides free access to the Aerospike Enterprise Edition software with Community Support for qualifying startups. Learn more and see if you qualify! http://www.aerospike.com/blog/special-startups/
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...