Sponsored Post: Apple, Sentient, Couchbase, Farmerswife, VividCortex, Internap, SocialRadar, Campanja, Transversal, MemSQL, Scalyr, FoundationDB, AiScaler, Aerospike, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple is hiring a Application Security Engineer. Apple’s Gift Card Engineering group is looking for a software engineer passionate about application security for web applications and REST services. Be part of a team working on challenging and fast paced projects supporting Apple's business by delivering high volume, high performance, and high availability distributed transaction processing systems. Please apply here.
- Apple is hiring a Software Engineer for Maps Services. The Maps Team is looking for a developer to support and grow some of the core backend services that support Apple Map's Front End Services. Ideal candidate would have experience with system architecture, as well as the design, implementation, and testing of individual components but also be comfortable with multiple scripting languages. Please apply here.
- Sentient Technologies is hiring several Senior Distributed Systems Engineers and a Senior Distributed Systems QA Engineer. Sentient Technologies, is a privately held company seeking to solve the world’s most complex problems through massively scaled artificial intelligence running on one of the largest distributed compute resources in the world. Help us expand our existing million+ distributed cores to many, many more. Please apply here.
- Want to be the leader and manager of a cutting-edge cloud deployment? Take charge of an innovative 24x7 web service infrastructure on the AWS Cloud? Join farmerswife on the beautiful island of Mallorca and help create the next generation on project management tools. Please apply here.
- Senior DevOps Engineer — SocialRadar. We are a VC funded startup based in Washington, D.C. operated like our West Coast brethren. We specialize in location-based technology. Since we are rapidly consuming large amounts of location data and monitoring all social networks for location events, we have systems that consume vast amounts of data that need to scale. As our Senior DevOps Engineer you’ll take ownership over that infrastructure and, with your expertise, help us grow and scale both our systems and our team as our adoption continues its rapid growth. Full description and application here.
- Linux Web Server Systems Engineer – Transversal. We are seeking an experienced and motivated Linux System Engineer to join our Engineering team. This new role is to design, test, install, and provide ongoing daily support of our information technology systems infrastructure. As an experienced Engineer you will have comprehensive capabilities for understanding hardware/software configurations that comprise system, security, and library management, backup/recovery, operating computer systems in different operating environments, sizing, performance tuning, hardware/software troubleshooting and resource allocation. Apply here.
- Campanja is an Internet advertising optimization company born in the cloud and today we are one of the nordics bigger AWS consumers, the time has come for us to the embrace the next generation of cloud infrastructure. We believe in immutable infrastructure, container technology and micro services, we hope to use PaaS when we can get away with it but consume at the IaaS layer when we have to. Please apply here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- Rise of the Multi-Model Database. FoundationDB Webinar: March 10th at 1pm EST. Do you want a SQL, JSON, Graph, Time Series, or Key Value database? Or maybe it’s all of them? Not all NoSQL Databases are not created equal. The latest development in this space is the Multi Model Database. Please join FoundationDB for an interactive webinar as we discuss the Rise of the Multi Model Database and what to consider when choosing the right tool for the job.
- Sign Up for New Aerospike Training Courses. Aerospike now offers two certified training courses; Aerospike for Developers and Aerospike for Administrators & Operators, to help you get the most out of your deployment. Find a training course near you. http://www.aerospike.com/aerospike-training/
Cool Products and Services
- See how LinkedIn uses Couchbase to help power its “Follow” service for 300M+ global users, 24x7. http://info.couchbase.com/14Q4-MKTG-Website-LinkedIn-Scale-LP.html
- VividCortex Developer edition delivers a groundbreaking performance management solution to startups, open-source projects, nonprofits, and other organizations free of charge. It integrates high-resolution metrics on queries, metrics, processes, databases, and the OS and hardware to deliver an unprecedented level of visibility into production database activity.
- SQL for Big Data: Price-performance Advantages of Bare Metal. When building your big data infrastructure, price-performance is a critical factor to evaluate. Data-intensive workloads with the capacity to rapidly scale to hundreds of servers can escalate costs beyond your expectations. The inevitable growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) and fast big data will only lead to larger datasets, and a high-performance infrastructure and database platform will be essential to extracting business value while keeping costs under control. Read more.
- MemSQL provides a distributed in-memory database for high value data. It's designed to handle extreme data ingest and store the data for real-time, streaming and historical analysis using SQL. MemSQL also cost effectively supports both application and ad-hoc queries concurrently across all data. Start a free 30 day trial here: http://www.memsql.com/
- Aerospike demonstrates RAM-like performance with Google Compute Engine Local SSDs. After scaling to 1 M Writes/Second with 6x fewer servers than Cassandra on Google Compute Engine, we certified Google’s new Local SSDs using the Aerospike Certification Tool for SSDs (ACT) and found RAM-like performance and 15x storage cost savings. Read more.
- Diagnose server issues from a single tab. The Scalyr log management tool replaces all your monitoring and analysis services with one, so you can pinpoint and resolve issues without juggling multiple tools and tabs. It's a universal tool for visibility into your production systems. Log aggregation, server metrics, monitoring, alerting, dashboards, and more. Not just “hosted grep” or “hosted graphs,” but enterprise-grade functionality with sane pricing and insane performance. Trusted by in-the-know companies like Codecademy – try it free! (See how Scalyr is different if you're looking for a Splunk alternative.)
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...