Sponsored Post: InnoGames, Contentful, Stream, Loupe, New York Times, Scalyr, VividCortex, MemSQL, InMemory.Net, Zohocorp
- GoCardless is building the payments network for the internet. We’re looking for DevOps Engineers to help scale our infrastructure so that the thousands of businesses using our service across Europe can take payments. You will be part of a small team that sets the direction of the GoCardless core stack. You will think through all the moving pieces and issues that can arise, and collaborate with every other team to drive engineering efforts in the company. Please apply here.
- InnoGames is looking for Site Reliability Engineers. Do you not only want to play games, but help building them? Join InnoGames in Hamburg, one of the worldwide leading developers and publishers of online games. You are the kind of person who leaves systems in a better state than they were before. You want to hack on our internal tools based on django/python, as well as improving the stability of our 5000+ Debian VMs. Orchestration with Puppet is your passion and you would rather automate stuff than touch it twice. Relational Database Management Systems aren't a black hole for you? Then apply here!
- The New York Times is looking for a Software Engineer for its Delivery/Site Reliability Engineering team. You will also be a part of a team responsible for building the tools that ensure that the various systems at The New York Times continue to operate in a reliable and efficient manner. Some of the tech we use: Go, Ruby, Bash, AWS, GCP, Terraform, Packer, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, Consul, Jenkins, Drone. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fun and Informative Events
- DBTA Roundtable Webinar: Fast Data: The Key Ingredients to Real-Time Success. Thursday February 23, 2017 | 11:00 AM Pacific Time. Join Stephen Faig, Research Director Unisphere Research and DBTA, as he hosts a roundtable discussion covering new technologies that are coming to the forefront to facilitate real-time analytics, including in-memory platforms, self-service BI tools and all-flash storage arrays. Brian Bulkowski, CTO and Co-Founder of Aerospike, will be speaking along with presenters from Attunity and Hazelcast. Learn more and register.
- Your event here!
Cool Products and Services
- Auth0 is the easiest way to add secure authentication to any app/website. With 40+ SDKs for most languages and frameworks (PHP, Java, .NET, Angular, Node, etc), you can integrate social, 2FA, SSO, and passwordless login in minutes. Sign up for a free 22 day trial. No credit card required. Get Started Now.
- Build, scale and personalize your news feeds and activity streams with getstream.io. Try the API now in this 5 minute interactive tutorial. Stream is free up to 3 million feed updates so it's easy to get started. Client libraries are available for Node, Ruby, Python, PHP, Go, Java and .NET. Stream is currently also hiring Devops and Python/Go developers in Amsterdam. More than 400 companies rely on Stream for their production feed infrastructure, this includes apps with 30 million users. With your help we'd like to ad a few zeros to that number. Check out the job opening on AngelList.
- A note for .NET developers: You know the pain of troubleshooting errors with limited time, limited information, and limited tools. Log management, exception tracking, and monitoring solutions can help, but many of them treat the .NET platform as an afterthought. You should learn about Loupe...Loupe is a .NET logging and monitoring solution made for the .NET platform from day one. It helps you find and fix problems fast by tracking performance metrics, capturing errors in your .NET software, identifying which errors are causing the greatest impact, and pinpointing root causes. Learn more and try it free today.
- Scalyr is a lightning-fast log management and operational data platform. It's a tool (actually, multiple tools) that your entire team will love. Get visibility into your production issues without juggling multiple tabs and different services -- all of your logs, server metrics and alerts are in your browser and at your fingertips. . Loved and used by teams at Codecademy, ReturnPath, Grab, and InsideSales. Learn more today or see why Scalyr is a great alternative to Splunk.
- InMemory.Net provides a Dot Net native in memory database for analysing large amounts of data. It runs natively on .Net, and provides a native .Net, COM & ODBC apis for integration. It also has an easy to use language for importing data, and supports standard SQL for querying data. http://InMemory.Net
VividCortex is a SaaS database monitoring product that provides the best way for organizations to improve their database performance, efficiency, and uptime. Currently supporting MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, and Amazon Aurora database types, it's a secure, cloud-hosted platform that eliminates businesses' most critical visibility gap. VividCortex uses patented algorithms to analyze and surface relevant insights, so users can proactively fix future performance problems before they impact customers.
- MemSQL provides a distributed in-memory database for high value data. It's designed to handle extreme data ingest and store the data for real-time, streaming and historical analysis using SQL. MemSQL also cost effectively supports both application and ad-hoc queries concurrently across all data. Start a free 30 day trial here: http://www.memsql.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below...