Sponsored Post: Wikia, MemSQL, Campanja, Hypertable, Sprout Social, Scalyr, FoundationDB, AiScaler, Aerospike, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- DevOps Engineer for Wikia. Wikia is the go-to place for fan content that is created entirely by fans! As a Quantcast Top 20 site with over 120 million monthly uniques we are tackling very interesting problems at a scale you won't find at many other places. We embrace a DevOps culture and are looking to expand our team with people that are excited about working with just about every piece of our stack. You'll also partner with our platform team as they break down the monolith and move towards service oriented architecture. Please apply here.
- Engineer Manager - Platform. At Wikia we're tackling interesting problems at a scale you won't find at many other places. We're a Quantcast Top 20 site with over 120 million monthly uniques. 100% of the content on our 400,000+ communities is user generated. That combination of scale and UGC creates some pretty compelling challenges and on top of that we're working on moving away from a monolithic architecture and actively working on finding the best technologies to best suit each individual piece of our platform. We're currently in search of an experienced Engineer Manager to help drive this process. Please apply here.
- Campanja is an Internet advertising optimization company born in the cloud and today we are one of the nordics bigger AWS consumers, the time has come for us to the embrace the next generation of cloud infrastructure. We believe in immutable infrastructure, container technology and micro services, we hope to use PaaS when we can get away with it but consume at the IaaS layer when we have to. Please apply here.
- Performance and Scale Engineer, Sprout Social, will be like a physical trainer for the Sprout social media management platform: you will evaluate and make improvements to keep our large, diverse tech stack happy, healthy, and, most importantly, fast. You'll work up and down our back-end stack - from our RESTful API through to our myriad data systems and into the Java services and Hadoop clusters that feed them - searching for SPOFs, performance issues, and places where we can shore things up. Apply here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- Sign Up for New Aerospike Training Courses. Aerospike now offers two certified training courses; Aerospike for Developers and Aerospike for Administrators & Operators, to help you get the most out of your deployment. Find a training course near you. http://www.aerospike.com/aerospike-training/
Cool Products and Services
- MemSQL provides a distributed in-memory database for high value data. It's designed to handle extreme data ingest and store the data for real-time, streaming and historical analysis using SQL. MemSQL also cost effectively supports both application and ad-hoc queries concurrently across all data. Start a free 30 day trial here: http://www.memsql.com/
- Aerospike Hits 1M writes per second with 6x Fewer Servers than Cassandra. A new Google Compute Engine benchmark demonstrates how the Aerospike database hit 1 million writes per second with just 50 nodes - compared to Cassandra's 300 nodes. Read the benchmark: http://www.aerospike.com/blog/1m-wps-6x-fewer-servers-than-cassandra/
- Hypertable Inc. Announces New UpTime Support Subscription Packages. The developer of Hypertable, an open-source, high-performance, massively scalable database, announces three new UpTime support subscription packages – Premium 24/7, Enterprise 24/7 and Basic. 24/7/365 support packages start at just $1995 per month for a ten node cluster -- $49.95 per machine, per month thereafter. For more information visit us on the Web at http://www.hypertable.com/. Connect with Hypertable: @hypertable--Blog.
- FoundationDB 3.0. 3.0 makes the power of a multi-model, ACID transactional database available to a set of new connected device apps that are generating data at previously unheard of speed. It is the fastest, most scalable, transactional database in the cloud - A 32 machine cluster running on Amazon EC2 sustained more than 14M random operations per second.
- Diagnose server issues from a single tab. The Scalyr log management tool replaces all your monitoring and analysis services with one, so you can pinpoint and resolve issues without juggling multiple tools and tabs. It's a universal tool for visibility into your production systems. Log aggregation, server metrics, monitoring, alerting, dashboards, and more. Not just “hosted grep” or “hosted graphs,” but enterprise-grade functionality with sane pricing and insane performance. Trusted by in-the-know companies like Codecademy – try it free! (See how Scalyr is different if you're looking for a Splunk alternative.)
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...