Hey, it's HighScalability time:
- 34TB : storage for GitHub search; 2,880,000,000: log lines per day
- Quotable Quotes:
- @peakscale: The "IKEA effect" << Contributes to NIH and why ppl still like IaaS over PaaS. :-\
- @sheeshee: module named kafka.. creates weird & random processes, sends data from here to there & after 3 minutes noone knows what's happening anymore?
- @sometoomany: Ceased writing a talk about cloud computing infrastructure, and data centre power efficiency. Bored myself to death, but saved others.
- Lots of heat on Is MongoDB's fault tolerance broken? Yes it is. No it's not. YES it is. And the score: MongoDB Is Still Broken by Design 5-0.
- Every insurgency must recruit from an existing population which is already affiliated elsewhere. For web properties the easiest group to recruit is the younger demographic. They naturally want something different than their elders and they have fewer allegiances to defend. What's your counter insurgency strategy?
Don't miss all that the Internet has to say on Scalability, click below and become eventually consistent with all scalability knowledge...