Hey, it's HighScalability time:
(Consumption as a Service: Amazon has 80 1.2 million square foot warehouses.)
- 100 megapixel cameras, taking 40 million pictures a second, creating of 1 petabyte of data every second: Large Hadron Collider in Higgs search
- Quotable Quotes:
- Tim Bell: You can't do transformation in transitional stages
- @lleung: Also, we could really use a “high scalability” like blog for Enterprise IT to see the interesting stuff
- xkcd: Functional programming combines the flexibility and power of abstract mathematics with the intuitive clarity of abstract mathematics.
- @pbailis: That said, just because you can now build distributed transactions doesn't mean they'll be fast or work well during failures.
- Ever wonder how you can get those shoes and that tube of miracle cream from Amazon at the same time in the same box? Here's a fascinating look at The Amazon Warehouses chaotic storage system: Chaotic storage is like organized confusion. It’s an organic shelving system without permanent areas or sections. That means there is no area just for books, or a place just for televisions (like you might expect in a retail store layout).
Don't miss all that the Internet has to say on Scalability, click below and become eventually consistent with all scalability knowledge...