Sponsored Post: Tumblr, Power Admin, Learninghouse, MongoDB, Internap, Aerospike, SignalFx, InMemory.Net, Couchbase, VividCortex, MemSQL, Scalyr, AiScaler, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Make Tumblr fast, reliable and available for hundreds of millions of visitors and tens of millions of users. As a Site Reliability Engineer you are a software developer with a love of highly performant, fault-tolerant, massively distributed systems. Apply here now!
- At Scalyr, we're analyzing multi-gigabyte server logs in a fraction of a second. That requires serious innovation in every part of the technology stack, from frontend to backend. Help us push the envelope on low-latency browser applications, high-speed data processing, and reliable distributed systems. Help extract meaningful data from live servers and present it to users in meaningful ways. At Scalyr, you’ll learn new things, and invent a few of your own. Learn more and apply.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- 90 Days. 1 Bootcamp. A whole new life. Interested in learning how to code? Concordia St. Paul's Coding Bootcamp is an intensive, fast-paced program where you learn to be a software developer. In this full-time, 12-week on-campus course, you will learn either .NET or Java and acquire the skills needed for entry-level developer positions. For more information, read the Guide to Coding Bootcamp or visit bootcamp.csp.edu.
- June 2nd – 4th, Santa Clara: Register for the largest NoSQL event of the year, Couchbase Connect 2015, and hear how innovative companies like Cisco, TurboTax, Joyent, PayPal, Nielsen and Ryanair are using our NoSQL technology to solve today’s toughest big data challenges. Register Today.
- The Art of Cyberwar: Security in the Age of Information. Cybercrime is an increasingly serious issue both in the United States and around the world; the estimated annual cost of global cybercrime has reached $100 billion with over 1.5 million victims per day affected by data breaches, DDOS attacks, and more. Learn about the current state of cybercrime and the cybersecurity professionals in charge with combatting it in The Art of Cyberwar: Security in the Age of Information, provided by Russell Sage Online, a division of The Sage Colleges.
- MongoDB World brings together over 2,000 developers, sysadmins, and DBAs in New York City on June 1-2 to get inspired, share ideas and get the latest insights on using MongoDB. Organizations like Salesforce, Bosch, the Knot, Chico’s, and more are taking advantage of MongoDB for a variety of ground-breaking use cases. Find out more at http://mongodbworld.com/ but hurry! Super Early Bird pricing ends on April 3.
Cool Products and Services
- Here's a little quiz for you: What do these companies all have in common? Symantec, RiteAid, CarMax, NASA, Comcast, Chevron, HSBC, Sauder Woodworking, Syracuse University, USDA, and many, many more? Maybe you guessed it? Yep! They are all customers who use and trust our software, PA Server Monitor, as their monitoring solution. Try it out for yourself and see why we’re trusted by so many. Click here for your free, 30-Day instant trial download!
- Turn chaotic logs and metrics into actionable data. Scalyr replaces all your tools for monitoring and analyzing logs and system metrics. Imagine being able to pinpoint and resolve operations issues without juggling multiple tools and tabs. Get visibility into your production systems: log aggregation, server metrics, monitoring, intelligent alerting, dashboards, and more. Trusted by companies like Codecademy and InsideSales. Learn more and get started with an easy 2-minute setup. Or see how Scalyr is different if you're looking for a Splunk alternative or Loggly alternative.
- Instructions for implementing Redis functionality in Aerospike. Aerospike Director of Applications Engineering, Peter Milne, discusses how to obtain the semantic equivalent of Redis operations, on simple types, using Aerospike to improve scalability, reliability, and ease of use. Read more.
- SQL for Big Data: Price-performance Advantages of Bare Metal. When building your big data infrastructure, price-performance is a critical factor to evaluate. Data-intensive workloads with the capacity to rapidly scale to hundreds of servers can escalate costs beyond your expectations. The inevitable growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) and fast big data will only lead to larger datasets, and a high-performance infrastructure and database platform will be essential to extracting business value while keeping costs under control. Read more.
- SignalFx: just launched an advanced monitoring platform for modern applications that's already processing 10s of billions of data points per day. SignalFx lets you create custom analytics pipelines on metrics data collected from thousands or more sources to create meaningful aggregations--such as percentiles, moving averages and growth rates--within seconds of receiving data. Start a free 30-day trial!
- InMemory.Net provides a Dot Net native in memory database for analysing large amounts of data. It runs natively on .Net, and provides a native .Net, COM & ODBC apis for integration. It also has an easy to use language for importing data, and supports standard SQL for querying data. http://InMemory.Net
- VividCortex goes beyond monitoring and measures the system's work on your MySQL and PostgreSQL servers, providing unparalleled insight and query-level analysis. This unique approach ultimately enables your team to work more effectively, ship more often, and delight more customers.
- MemSQL provides a distributed in-memory database for high value data. It's designed to handle extreme data ingest and store the data for real-time, streaming and historical analysis using SQL. MemSQL also cost effectively supports both application and ad-hoc queries concurrently across all data. Start a free 30 day trial here: http://www.memsql.com/
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Also available on Amazon Web Services. Free instant trial, 2 hours of FREE deployment support, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...