Lots of good links this week...
- Membase, powering Farmville's 500k operations *per second*. Of course, some people contend they could do this on their old Vic-20, but this is a useful, vigorous discussion thread on Reddit.
- Tweets of Gold:
- kbsingh: I dont understand why some developers think its ok to leave operations people out of scalability decisions
- karmazilla: I find it a little odd when a database claims to support "massive scalability" when it is not distributed.
- pcapr: OH: teenagers are eventually consistent
- tv: Verb suggestion for the act of mapreducing data: "marinating". "Then we marinade it to get the n-gram frequencies."