Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 1:17AM
Database Optimize patterns
Most of websites and enterprise application rely on the database backing them to store the application and customer data. So at some point the database could be the main performance and scalability bottleneck for your system performance, so I ‘m here today to cure this!
- Database supporters and resisters:
- Database supporters: MySQL, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL
- Database resisters: HBase, MongoDB, Redis, and others
- Database Optimizing pattern:
- What to store into the Database?
- Field data types
- The primary key and the indexes
- Data retrieve, SP’s, and Ad-hoc queries