To celebrate the new year Facebook has shared the results of a little end of the year introspection. It has been a fecund year for Facebook:
- 43,869,800 changed their status to single
- 3,025,791 changed their status to "it's complicated"
- 28,460,516 changed their status to in a relationship
- 5,974,574 changed their status to engaged
- 36,774,801 changes their status to married
If these numbers are simply to large to grasp, it doesn't get any better when you look at happens in a mere 20 minutes:
- Shared links: 1,000,000
- Tagged photos: 1,323,000
- Event invites sent out: 1,484,000
- Wall Posts: 1,587,000
- Status updates: 1,851,000
- Friend requests accepted: 1,972,000
- Photos uploaded: 2,716,000
- Comments: 10,208,000
- Message: 4,632,000
If you want to see how Facebook supports these huge numbers take a look at a few posts.
One wonders what the new year will bring?
- What the World Eats from Time Magazine
- A Day in the Life of an Ancient Roman
- A Day in the Life of Donald Duck
- The Beatles- A Day in the Life
- A Day in the Life of Xena Warrior Princess
- Life in a Day on YouTube