Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 7:02AM
- Distributed and Highly Available Search Engine.
- Each index is fully sharded with a configurable number of shards.
- Each shard can have zero or more replicas.
- Read / Search operations performed on either replica shard.
- Multi Tenant with Multi Types.
- Support for more than one index.
- Support for more than one type per index.
- Index level configuration (number of shards, index storage, ...).
- Various set of APIs.
- HTTP RESTful API.
- Native Java API.
- All APIs perform automatic node operation rerouting.
- Document oriented.
- No need for upfront schema definition.
- Schema can be defined per type for customization of the indexing process.
- Reliable, Asynchronous Write Behind for long term persistency.
- (Near) Real Time Search.
- Built on top of Lucene.
- Each shard is a fully functional Lucene index.
- All the power of Lucene easily exposed through simple configuration / plugins.
- Per operation consistency.
- Single document level operations are atomic, consistent, isolated and durable.
- Open Source under Apache 2 License.