Sponsored Post: Percona, Mathworks, AppDynamics, Gazillion, Edmunds, OPOWER, ClearStone, ScaleOut, aiCache, WAPT, Karmasphere, Newrelic, Cloudkick, Membase, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- MathWorks Looking for Multiple, Full-time Scaling Experts. Apply now:
- Gazillion Entertainment is looking for a Web Developer Generalist to work on massively multiplayer online games. Please apply here.
- Edmunds.com helps people find the car that meets their every need. We’re currently hiring talented Java Developers in the Los Angeles area.
- OPOWER motivates millions to become more energy efficient, and we're hiring!
Fun and Informative Events
- Percona is running an intensive one-day MySQL conference in New York City on May 26th. High Scalability readers save $50 with the code PLNY-HiSc. Learn more and register at percona.com/live/.
- Interested in CouchDB or MembaseTraining? CouchOne just announced dates for our CouchDB Developer and Membase Server Ops Training. Click here to learn more or register today.
Cool Products and Services
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- APM (Application Performance Management) for NOSQL, Java and More - Try ClearStone 5.0. Download ClearStone 5.0 today! http://www.evidentsoftware.com/download/
- ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
- aiCache creates a better user experience by increasing the speed scale and stability of your web-site.
- WAPT is a load, stress and performance testing tool for websites and web-based applications.
- Karmasphere is bringing Apache Hadoop power to developers and analysts. Download your Free Community Edition today!
- Newrelic - What are you doing to ensure the performance of your apps?
- Cloudkick - monitor & manage your serversde better with a FREE Cloudkick developer account.
- CloudSigma. Instantly scalable European cloud servers.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponser please read more below...
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
MathWorks Looking for Multiple, Full-time Scaling Experts
MathWorks is looking for server, system and UI engineers driven to deliver highly reliable global internet scale distributed systems. MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists. Founded in 1984, MathWorks employs 2200 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
If you're passionate about quality software systems, your skills and experience match, and you're looking for an opportunity to make a difference
Percona is running an intensive one-day MySQL conference in New York City on May 26th
Percona Live is an intensive one-day summit on MySQL from the experts behind High Performance MySQL and the MySQL Performance Blog. It's being held in New York City on May 26th. You'll learn what works from leading companies who use MySQL. You'll meet face-to-face in the "hallway track" and make lasting connections. And you'll go home with a whole new perspective on your old challenges. The San Francisco event sold out of tickets; get yours before it happens again! Save $50 with the discount code PLNY-HiSc. More information is at the Percona Live homepage.
Edmunds.com is hiring talented Java Developers
Software Engineers at Edmunds.com are part of a cutting-edge team impacting the way millions of people select the second largest purchase they'll make in their lifetime: a new car. Our technology stack and design thinking processes are defining the next generation of how online publishing works. Edmunds' software engineers are key to making the future happen now. While writing stellar server-side code for web-based applications, you'll be working in a technical environment that supports:
- Big data: two enterprise level data centers
- State of the art in-memory data grids (Coherence)
- Message-based data refresh using an enterprise service bus
- Large-scale ETL, data warehousing and data analytics using Hadoop and Netezza data appliances
- Very high availability hardware infrastructure and just-in-time deployment automation
To be considered for this position, please apply here: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NR2B&cws=1&rid=512
Gazillion Entertainment is looking for a Web Developer Generalist
Position Location: San Mateo, CA; Reports To: Platform Manager
Gazillion Entertainment is a developer, publisher and operator of massively multiplayer online games and services for wide audiences. Our team of world-class creative talent is comprised of leaders from the videogame, entertainment and technology industries who are focused on developing and supporting a new generation of superior quality, massively entertaining online properties.
Gazillion is looking for a versatile and self-starting web developer. This position will be with the central platform team, and will initially involve bootstrapping a new website and accounts technology stack for an exciting upcoming MMO.
Strong working knowledge of; Java, PHP, SQL, database schema design Working knowledge of website frontend UI implementation Pragmatic and results-driven approach to development.
OPOWER motivates millions to become more energy efficient, and we're hiring!
OPOWER leverages data to deliver customized messages to 2 million homes about how to boost energy efficiency, helping utilities manage demand challenges. That reach is set to quadruple this year. WSJ named OPOWER a Top 10 Clean Tech Company, and a Top 5 Company that will Lead (in 2011) by the Washington Post. OPOWER is headquartered in Washington DC, but recently opened an office in San Francisco. We are looking for a great Software Engineer in Test and Software Developers at all levels."
APM for NOSQL, Java and More
ClearStone 5.0 is generally available on 3/23. Try out the leading APM tool for NOSQL, Java and More, free for developers
- Real time collection, correlation, visualization and management of your entire application infrastructure
- Support for NOSQL systems such as Cassandra, Memcached, Membase, MongoDB, Coherence, Neo4J and more
- Correlate the NOSQL tier with application, database, system and network level metrics and events
- RESTful API for easy collection of any third party component, including custom scripts, log files, NetFlow collectors, and open source tools such as Nagios and Ganglia
- Built in collection for any JMX-instrumented platform
- Custom alerts and thresholding based on real-time events that are actionable
- Try the full product with no restrictions for 30 days. After that, developers can continue to use the product for free for up to 10 managed resources
- Pricing starts at $100/managed resource/year
Download ClearStone 5.0 today! http://www.evidentsoftware.com/download/
ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
Developers have discovered that distributed data grids are the key to reaching their scalability and performance goals. By keeping frequently accessed, fast-changing data in-memory and globally accessible across the farm or compute grid, applications have the data they need, when they need it.
ScaleOut StateServer® provides an in-memory, distributed data grid that offloads your DBMS and reduces data access times. It automatically scales throughput as servers are added, providing high speed and farm-wide access with integrated high availability. ScaleOut StateServer is production proven and is in use on hundreds of mission-critical production Web applications today. Download a free evaluation copy!
WAPT is a Load, Stress and Performance Testing Tool
WAPT is a load, stress and performance testing tool for websites and web-based applications. In contrast to "800-pound gorilla" load testing tools, WAPT is designed to minimize the learning curve and give the user an ability to create a heavy load from a single regular workstation. You can create a basic test scenario and get meaningful information about your performance landscape in a matter of minutes. WAPT is able to generate up to 3000 simultaneously acting virtual users for an "average" test scenario using standard hardware configuration (Pentium 4 2GHz, 1GB RAM, Gigabit Ethernet).
WAPT creates a test workload which is virtually the same as the load experienced by a web site in the real world. Virtual users in each profile are fully customizable. They can have individual IP address (IP spoofing), user name and password, and persistent cookies, to name a few. Basic and Integrated Windows (NTLM) authentication methods are supported. Graphs and reports are shown in real-time at different levels of detail, thus helping to manage the testing process. You don't need to wait for the completion of the test to get results, so if you have already identified a problem, you can stop the test, fix the problem and start the test again to check for performance changes. The command line interface allows you to integrate WAPT into the existing development environment. Standard XML files are used to store test scenarios and can be modified by third party software.
Karmasphere is Bringing Apache Hadoop Power to Developers and Analysts
Karmasphere enables companies to unlock the competitive advantages within their large datasets by providing an easy-to-use class of client-side software. Karmasphere's products feature independence across any Hadoop environment, easy one-click deployment across any cloud/cluster, and a rich and friendly user-interface to maximize productivity, discovery and insight.
Karmasphere currently offers three products:
- Karmasphere Studio Community Edition: For developers new to Hadoop, the free Community Edition is a graphical environment to learn, prototype, develop and debug MapReduce Jobs on the desktop or a research and development cluster.
- Karmasphere Studio Professional Edition: For developers ready to deploy their MapReduce jobs on a production cluster, the Studio Professional Edition adds one button packaging and exporting to on-premise and cloud clusters, and provides ongoing profiling of the jobs to help with optimization and further debugging.
- Karmasphere Analyst: For everyone needing to explore data in Hadoop, Karmasphere Analyst provides a graphical environment to develop, debug and deploy SQL for Hadoop, and then explore the results in a tabular format or the visualization tool of their choice.
Download your Free Community Edition today!
aiCache Increases the Speed Scale and Stability of Your Web-site
$100 dollars to yack with me about scaling your website for 20 minutes.
If you run an HTTP based Dynamic Application with more than 3 web servers, we think we have the greatest thing since sliced bread.
We believe we can scale your site 3x to 30x without changing your architecture and...
We giving you more stable performance and the industries best real-time reporting.
Scenario Number One (most likely to occur): You’ll say “HOLY CRAP, THIS IS AMAZING. I’M GOING TO TRIAL IT.”
...And then we’ll expect you to schedule some time for a proof of concept with our engineers. You might even want to buy us out right. Who knows?
Scenario Number Two (unlikely): You’ll say, “You know man ...this isn’t as cool as I was hoping it would be.”
In the unlikely event that scenario number two occurs,
I Will Send You $100.00 By PayPal
As Soon As You Hang Up The Phone
That’s how confident I am that what have really is the missing “Secret Sauce”.
You’re either totally pleased or I give you back $100.
See? If you meet the criteria I just gave you, you can’t lose.
And I’m pretty damn sure this is going to knock your socks off, so...
Here’s What I Want You To Do Next
Book an appointment to speak
Newrelic - What are you doing to to ensure the performance of your apps?
These days, "app" has become a household word and companies are banging them out faster than you can say "friend me." But high productivity/high output however, does not necessarily mean excellent application scalability and performance. With the right tools in place, any organization can deploy highly scalable apps that meet end-user demands-- and business goals. More than 6,000 organizations around the world use New Relic RPM, a SaaS-based application performance management tool that lets developers monitor, troubleshoot and tune live production web apps. With support for Ruby, PHP, .NET and Java, you can start seeing in-depth performance metrics for your web applications in 2 minutes. Check out our blog to see how companies like Groupon manages to scale their ever-growing service with RPM. Better yet, just sign up for a free account today to start chipping away at bottlenecks and scale, scale, scale.
If you're passionate about scaling polyglot systems (a few hundred thousand requests per minute) and helping others manage system scalability, we've got a few job openings too. Check us out! Your app could be faster, and you know it!
Interested in CouchDB or MembaseTraining?
CouchOne just announced dates for our CouchDB Developer and Membase Server Ops Training.
Couchbase training classes are designed to get you up and running as quickly as possible with our NoSQL solutions. Our Apache CouchDB Developer Training and Membase Server Operations Training are offered via two-day workshops that include hands on experience to make sure you get the most out of the classes. Click here to learn more or register today.
Monitor and Manage Your Servers Better with Cloudkick
Monitor & manage your servers better with a FREE Cloudkick developer account. Try all Cloudkick’s tools on a single node for as long as you want; no commitment and no charge.
- Easy-to-use dashboard or API access
- Aggregate data to see trends on slick graphs
- Change logs with notation on graphs
- Custom alerts and fault detection that only the big guys have
- Compare your performance to thousands of other public cloud servers
- Seamless upgrade later if you are ready for our premium plan
For more information please see https://www.cloudkick.com/developers
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section.