Sponsored Post: Animoto, deviantART, Hadapt, Clustrix, Percona, Mathworks, AppDynamics, ScaleOut, Cloudkick, Membase, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Animoto is building a Systems (DevOps) Team. Please apply here.
- Clustrix Inc. - Learn more about Clustrix's interpretation of NewSQL. Please apply here.
- deviantART is looking for Network and Systems Operations Engineer. Please apply here.
- Hadapt brings high-performance SQL to Hadoop, and is looking for a systems engineer to join this fast-growing company. Please apply at http://www.hadapt.com/jobs.
- MathWorks Looking for Multiple, Full-time Scaling Experts. Apply now:
Fun and Informative Events
- Percona is running an intensive one-day MySQL conference in New York City on May 26th. High Scalability readers save $50 with the code PLNY-HiSc. Learn more and register at percona.com/live/.
- CouchDB Developer Training coming to Portland, San Francisco and Chicago! Membase Server Ops Training coming to New York City and San Francisco! CouchConf 2011.
Cool Products and Services
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
- Newrelic - What are you doing to ensure the performance of your apps?
- Cloudkick - monitor & manage your serverside better with a FREE Cloudkick developer account.
- CloudSigma. Instantly scalable European cloud servers.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponsor, please read more below...
Animoto is building a Systems (DevOps) Team.
Animoto is building a Systems (DevOps) Team. You¹ve heard of Animoto because we were the original "poster child" for Cloud Computing (back in the day). We have a solid business model, lots of customers, and lots of awards. We've partnered with Bon Jovi, Adobe, SmugMug, Pepsi and more. We hope to acquire Google next year. We're telling you this because we¹re looking for a few talented individuals to help keep our services running smoothly. Specifically, the systems group is hiring. The systems group provides the behind-the-scenes services that nobody thinks about: infrastructure and services for the developers and designers who make our site.
Clustrix Inc. - Learn more about Clustrix's interpretation of NewSQL.
Clustrix Inc. has built a database with no limits; it has no limits to database size, no limits to table size, no limits to the complexity of queries, and no limits to performance. The Clustrix database offers dynamic online scaling, seamless fault tolerance, full relational and transactional capabilities, and MySQL wire-line compatibility in single instance database. Clustrix has no limits to scalability and performance:
No Limits To Scalability
- Infinite Scale-Out
- Expand database online with zero downtime
- Every new node in a cluster brings additional performance and capacity
- Grow online from 3 nodes to 100’s of nodes in a cluster
No Limits To Performance
- High performance on read, write, and mixed workloads
- High performance on low to extremely high concurrency
- High performance on simple OLTP queries to extremely complex OLAP queries
- Complete fault tolerance
- Any component in the system (partial node, full node, cable, or switch) can fail without disruption to the database
Clustrix is looking to hire smart and savvy professionals who thrive in fast-paced, technically challenging environments. If you are looking for unlimited growth please check out our careers page: http://www.clustrix.com/about/careers/. For more information please visit www.clustrix.com or Contact Sales: +1 866-558-1309, email@example.com.
deviantART is looking for Network and Systems Operations Engineer
Do you like large-scale challenges and running high-performance networks used daily by millions of people? deviantART.com is home to over 17 million registered members and over 145 million works of art. Visitor and pageview totals place it in the top 100 of all trafficked websites on the Internet.
You’ll be joining the technical operations team which has already built out a world class data-center infrastructure. Now we’re looking for a talented operations engineer to help us grow by designing new systems and maintaining and automating the ones we already have.
To learn more about the network and the applications we deploy on it, check out our blog!
We enjoy looking at code samples. Please submit links to your live projects, github accounts or other examples of your best sample code!!
Please apply here.
Hadapt is looking for a Systems Engineer
Hadapt is bringing the latest advances in relational database research to the Hadoop platform. We are looking for a systems engineer to support the development team and customer installations.
The position requires strong working knowledge of Linux and cluster administration (EC2 as well as dedicated hardware), scripting (shell, Python, etc.), and software installations ranging from OS to Hadoop and from user apps to monitoring tools (Ganglia, Nagios). Responsibilities will also include database systems installation and configuration, production troubleshooting, and writing some code (mostly Java) surrounding the Hadapt product.
To be considered for this position, please apply at http://www.hadapt.com/jobs.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
MathWorks Looking for Multiple, Full-time Scaling Experts
MathWorks is looking for server, system and UI engineers driven to deliver highly reliable global internet scale distributed systems. MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists. Founded in 1984, MathWorks employs 2200 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
If you're passionate about quality software systems, your skills and experience match, and you're looking for an opportunity to make a difference
Percona is running an intensive one-day MySQL conference in New York City on May 26th
Percona Live is an intensive one-day summit on MySQL from the experts behind High Performance MySQL and the MySQL Performance Blog. It's being held in New York City on May 26th. You'll learn what works from leading companies who use MySQL. You'll meet face-to-face in the "hallway track" and make lasting connections. And you'll go home with a whole new perspective on your old challenges. The San Francisco event sold out of tickets; get yours before it happens again! Save $50 with the discount code PLNY-HiSc. More information is at the Percona Live homepage.
ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
Developers have discovered that distributed data grids are the key to reaching their scalability and performance goals. By keeping frequently accessed, fast-changing data in-memory and globally accessible across the farm or compute grid, applications have the data they need, when they need it.
ScaleOut StateServer® provides an in-memory, distributed data grid that offloads your DBMS and reduces data access times. It automatically scales throughput as servers are added, providing high speed and farm-wide access with integrated high availability. ScaleOut StateServer is production proven and is in use on hundreds of mission-critical production Web applications today. Download a free evaluation copy!
Interested in CouchDB Training or Membase Training or CouchConf 2011?
Take a deeper dive into Couch technology and meet your fellow Couch developers at this one-day conference! This one-day event is for any developer who wants to take a deeper dive into Couchbase technology, learn where it’s headed and build really cool stuff. Early Bird tickets end June 17!
To learn more or to register please visit http://www.couchbase.com/couchconf
Monitor and Manage Your Servers Better with Cloudkick
Monitor & manage your servers better with a FREE Cloudkick developer account. Try all Cloudkick’s tools on a single node for as long as you want; no commitment and no charge.
- Easy-to-use dashboard or API access
- Aggregate data to see trends on slick graphs
- Change logs with notation on graphs
- Custom alerts and fault detection that only the big guys have
- Compare your performance to thousands of other public cloud servers
- Seamless upgrade later if you are ready for our premium plan
For more information please see https://www.cloudkick.com/developers
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section.