Sponsored Post: Playfish, Electronic Arts, Tagged, Undertone, Box.net, Wiredrive, Joyent, DeviantART, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Playfish is hiring an Engineering Director, Marketing & CRM and a Sr. Systems Operation Engineer.
- Electronic Arts Mobile is looking for Server Engineers.
- Tagged is hiring Engineers, Product Managers, Game Designers, and more.
- Undertone is looking for a Software Engineer and a QA Engineer.
- Box.net is Looking for a Software Engineer.
- Wiredrive is looking for an Operations Engineer
- deviantART is Hiring a Web Application Developer
Fun and Informative Events
- Membase Meetups Coming to Major US Cities. The first of these technical meetups is on October 28 at Zynga’s San Francisco offices.
Cool Products and Services
- Learn how Kabam enlisted Joyent to be the cloud environment for its growing game empire. http://www.joyent.com/customers/kabam/
- CloudSigma. Instantly scalable European cloud servers.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
Membase Meetups Coming to Major US Cities
Membase meetups are local community gatherings designed to educate developers about Membase NoSQL database technology. They are led by Membase project leaders, contributors, and local users. The first of these technical meetups is on October 28 at Zynga’s San Francisco offices. Topics include:
- Use cases
- Zynga’s use of Membase
- Developing with Membase
- Open discussion
Register to attend the San Francisco Membase meetup, or learn more about Membase meetups in New York, Boston, and Silicon Valley in early November. More meetups are being scheduled for Q1 2011. For more information or to help organize a local Membase meetup in your area, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Playfish is hiring an Engineering Director, Marketing & CRM and a Sr. Systems Operation Engineer
Playfish is one of the world's largest and fastest growing social games companies with a mission to change how the world plays games. We take pride in our creativity, innovation and technical excellence. We have created some of the most loved games on social and mobile platforms such as Facebook, MySpace, Google, Bebo, iPhone and Android and our games are played by millions of people worldwide every day. At Playfish we believe in a positive and creative team culture where everyone feels ownership and enjoys what they do. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and rewarding. We provide a unique environment for learning, development and shaping the future of computer games and internet services and we're looking for high energy, intelligent and highly motivated individuals with a just-do-it attitude to join us.
- Engineering Director, Marketing & CRM - Playfish. Description can be found here: https://jobs.ea.com/jobs/jobposting.aspx?refresh=1&postid=a0z50000000kUnq
- Job Two: Sr. Systems Operation Engineer - Playfish Description can be found here: https://jobs.ea.com/myEA/profile.aspx?action=apply&postid=a0z50000000fGs2
For more information on all available jobs please visit http://www.playfish.com/?page=jobs.
Electronic Arts Mobile is looking for Server Engineers
The Electronic Arts Mobile Los Angeles Studio is looking for a Server Engineers, responsible for delivering server-side solutions that integrate smartphones, franchise video games and community websites. You will work with the connected services engineering team to deliver and maintain back-end systems with the performance and scalability required for localized deployment worldwide. You will help scope, design, build and maintain networked gaming services for the next generation of EA Mobile games. Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of internal engineers and outside contractors.
- Work with external developers to scope, design and test networked game features.
- Deliver feature enhancements to the existing service platform to support mobile games.
- Work with IT to guarantee service performance and reliability worldwide.
- Work with PC and Console teams to deliver cross-platform networked game services.
- Work with marketing to support internationalized community website delivery.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team-members in Sales, Marketing and Production.
- Participate in defining and developing game service strategies for EA Mobile.
To apply, please copy/paste the url
- Contract: https://jobs.ea.com/search/view.do?id=a0z50000000eKVJAA2
- Full-time: https://jobs.ea.com/search/view.do?id=a0z50000000f1m9AAA
Tagged is hiring Engineers, Product Managers, Game Designers, and more
Stop dreaming about scaling and start doing it now
Cages of servers, petabytes of storage, SQL, NoSQL, Memcache, Puppet, PHP, Java, Scala, load-balancing, fault isolation, search, recommendations, collaborative filtering and personalization, anti-spam and high-quality ham -- it's all in a day's work at Tagged. We have built the 3rd-largest social networking presence in the US, with millions of members who log in every day to meet and socialize with new people. Popular features include social games and dating; the aim is to bring people together for any social reason.
Tagged hires energetic self-starters who are passionate about their work and have world-class abilities. We're profitable but keep a pre-IPO startup culture. We offer great benefits and fantastic challenges.
Full list of openings: http://about-tagged.com/jobs#open-positions. Technology overview: http://about-tagged.com/jobs/technology. Tagged on TechCrunch: http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/02/tagged-100-million-users-facebookocalypse/.
Undertone is looking for a Software Engineer and QA Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - C++/Ruby/SQL
This position is a senior hands-on C++/Ruby/MySQL developer reporting to the CTO. You will be a senior member of an advanced technology team focused on developing high transaction volume/ultra low latency web server technologies. These servers drive real time, targeted ad placements on premier websites.
Software Engineer - C++/Ruby/SQL
This position is a hands-on C++/Ruby/MySQL developer. You will be a member of an advanced technology team focused on developing high transaction volume/ultra low latency web server technologies. These servers drive real time, targeted ad placements on premier websites.
QA Engineer – SQL/WEB Software
This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the development of our new proprietary web data server technology. You will be responsible for testing new web server applications, writing test plans and test cases, automating commonly executed test scenarios, performance and load testing.
For more information on openenings see http://www.undertone.com/aboutus/current-openings.php.
Box.net is Looking for a Software Engineer
Business content is still rooted in the old desktop-centric paradigm, but the people who are using this content are more web-savvy than ever. At Box.net we're disrupting traditional content management by building a solution that reinvents how our users view and share all types of files by fully leveraging the way content is delivered and consumed on the web. We want to be able to share a presentation as easily as we would a YouTube video, and we want to be able to do this whether we're working from the office or a cafe, regardless of what software we have. And we want to be able to share with a key business contact on another continent as easily as a neighboring coworker.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join the team. In this position, you will have the ability to join this mission at the ground level. Our rapid growth challenges us to continuously rethink and design innovative ways to scale our backend infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include providing design and implementation prototypes and solutions for scaling challenges across our web, search and data tiers. Projects include implementing a fast relevance based document search solution, redesigning our API to be fully RESTful and secure, and iterating on our file encryption architecture. You will also be analyzing and re-architecting the many components and services in our web application to improve performance and availability.
Our development team is still small (less than 25 developers), moves quickly, and is full of A-level engineers from academic institutions like Berkeley, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, and Duke to companies like Google, LinkedIn, Hi5, and eBay. We don't add talent based purely on experience, because we truly believe smart people can grasp new technologies quickly. We are looking for innovative thinkers who can solve the technical challenges at Box with creativity and persistence.
For more information, please click here: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=owjsVfwW&s=High_Scalability.
Wiredrive is looking for an Operations Engineer
Do you want to help make a globally distributed, high-volume application perform better, faster and stronger? Are you excited about the DevOps movement? Do you like a work environment that shows their appreciation for their developer talent, has great camaraderie and an open work space (and free beer)? If so, we need you. Wiredrive is looking for an operations manager to join our small agile team. Our product is an interactive SaaS platform primarily used to organize and present video and other rich media for sales, promotions and production purposes. We need someone who wants to be a developer and sys admin. If you are comfortable with infrastructure and configuration and can also write tests, debug, and deploy, then keep reading to learn more.
See the full job description here: http://www.wiredrive.com/blog/2010/09/21/wiredrive-is-seeking-an-operations-engineer/
Learn How Kabam Enlisted Joyent to be the Cloud Environment for its Growing Game Empire
Kabam (formerly Watercooler, Inc.) is a leading developer of social games on Facebook and other social networks. The company was founded to connect millions of sports and TV fans through its extensive network of online fan communities, and has extended that social product expertise to create innovative and engaging social games. By deploying its infrastructure on the Joyent cloud, Kabam is able to eliminate many issues common in social networking-based games.
deviantART is Hiring a Web Application Developer
Do you like large-scale challenges and writing code that gets used by millions of people daily? Do you like art? deviantART.com is home to the largest art community on earth. Home to over 14 million registered members and over 125 million unique artist generated works of art. deviantART is also a massive social network with visitor and page view totals that place it in the top 100 of all trafficked websites on the Internet.
deviantART is looking to hire a talented senior software engineer to join our incredible Devious Technology team. We are a very developer friendly company where you will be responsible for leading teams on projects creating interesting scalable technologies and fun features across a number of areas of deviantART. Our remote teams work on a rapid iteration process and encourage collaboration between developers, UI designers, product managers and non-technical staff.
This position is open to both US and non-US residents. We like telecommuters and offer flexible work schedules!
For more information or to apply, please visit:
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section.