- Electronic Art's is hiring a QA Engineer and a Cloud Architecture Technical Director II for their Pogo.com team.
Fun and Informative Events
- A new round of Membase meetups have been planned for January 2011 for San Diego, Denver, Seattle, Vancouver and Chicago.
Cool Products and Services
- See how Joyent's cloud solutions support game studios from game concept to launch, then through rapid scalability and ongoing success. http://www.joyent.com/solutions/gamestudios/
- CloudSigma. Instantly scalable European cloud servers.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
Electronic Art's is Hiring
Join one of Electronic Art's most successful online businesses - Pogo.com! Pogo, a leader in online casual games, is EA’s largest online game site with more than 15 million monthly unique visitors and over 30% of all minutes spent playing online casual games in the US. Rated as one of the top 50 websites in 2010, Pogo has exciting new plans for the future and is seeking talented individuals to join our team.
The QA Engineer supports the scalability and testability of the Pogo feature sets through load testing, automation and code reviews. The QA Engineer tests the more complex engineering features by applying technical skills in client/server software development, with strong emphasis in Load Testing, to include designing, implementation and maintenance. Also in this role, you will develop and perform requirements based testing, integration testing, automated regression testing and automated unit testing, and use of debugging tools is also required. The person in this role must be able to work in both waterfall and agile development, some cases simultaneously. You must be willing to work closely with test leads, development teams, producers and others within the organization and/or with teams abroad to continually evaluate and improve the software development and testing processes.
Technical Director II
In this role you will report to the Senior Technical Director. You’ll provide senior technical leadership to advance the Pogo technology platform to support the rapid expanding audience from web, social networks, and mobile devices worldwide, while maintaining a scalable, robust, and stable infrastructure to support ongoing worldwide rapid iterative product development.
A New Round of Membase Meetups for January 2011
- Membase Overview
- Use Cases and Customer Examples
- Membase Architecture
- Membase Demo
- Developing with Membase - Key-Value Basics
- Developing with Membase - NodeCode Modules
See how Joyent's Cloud Solutions Support Game Studios from Game Concept to Launch
Casual and social game developers and publishers quickly move up the AppData and iTunes leaderboards with gains in daily active users (DAU) and monthly active users (MAU) when running on Joyent’s public cloud.
Unlike traditional console games, online games must readily handle millions of users without disruption of play. You need to rapidly provision, deploy, and scale up and down your high availability environments when your games are under dynamic load. To be really successful, you want an experienced partner that understands your technology stack and is responsive to your needs.
Joyent’s suite of three cost effective game solutions and customer support services collectively act as your operations staff while you focus on what you do best – create rich user experiences across levels of play.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section.