Sponsored Post: ScaleOut, aiCache, WAPT, Karmasphere, Kabam, Opera Solutions, Newrelic, Cloudkick, Membase, Joyent, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Kabam is looking for a Quantitative Analyst and a Senior Data Engineer to join the Business Intelligence group at our social gaming startup.
- Opera Solutions is looking for Senior Software Engineers to work with Big Data analytics, Hadoop, Python, and Java for a rapidly growing analytics firm.
Fun and Informative Events
- Interested in CouchDB Training? The CouchDB Training World Tour starts this month with new CouchDB training classes in five major cities.
Cool Products and Services
- ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
- aiCache creates a better user experience by increasing the speed scale and stability of your web-site.
- WAPT is a load, stress and performance testing tool for websites and web-based applications.
- Karmasphere is bringing Apache Hadoop power to developers and analysts. Download your Free Community Edition today!
- Newrelic - What are you doing to ensure the performance of your apps?
- Cloudkick - monitor & manage your servers better with a FREE Cloudkick developer account.
- Learn how two game developers prepared for rapid user growth in this recorded Joyent webinar: http://bit.ly/hzBoib.
- CloudSigma. Instantly scalable European cloud servers.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
Developers have discovered that distributed data grids are the key to reaching their scalability and performance goals. By keeping frequently accessed, fast-changing data in-memory and globally accessible across the farm or compute grid, applications have the data they need, when they need it.
ScaleOut StateServer® provides an in-memory, distributed data grid that offloads your DBMS and reduces data access times. It automatically scales throughput as servers are added, providing high speed and farm-wide access with integrated high availability. ScaleOut StateServer is production proven and is in use on hundreds of mission-critical production Web applications today. Download a free evaluation copy!
WAPT is a Load, Stress and Performance Testing Tool
WAPT is a load, stress and performance testing tool for websites and web-based applications. In contrast to "800-pound gorilla" load testing tools, WAPT is designed to minimize the learning curve and give the user an ability to create a heavy load from a single regular workstation. You can create a basic test scenario and get meaningful information about your performance landscape in a matter of minutes. WAPT is able to generate up to 3000 simultaneously acting virtual users for an "average" test scenario using standard hardware configuration (Pentium 4 2GHz, 1GB RAM, Gigabit Ethernet).
WAPT creates a test workload which is virtually the same as the load experienced by a web site in the real world. Virtual users in each profile are fully customizable. They can have individual IP address (IP spoofing), user name and password, and persistent cookies, to name a few. Basic and Integrated Windows (NTLM) authentication methods are supported. Graphs and reports are shown in real-time at different levels of detail, thus helping to manage the testing process. You don't need to wait for the completion of the test to get results, so if you have already identified a problem, you can stop the test, fix the problem and start the test again to check for performance changes. The command line interface allows you to integrate WAPT into the existing development environment. Standard XML files are used to store test scenarios and can be modified by third party software.
Karmasphere is Bringing Apache Hadoop Power to Developers and Analysts
Karmasphere enables companies to unlock the competitive advantages within their large datasets by providing an easy-to-use class of client-side software. Karmasphere's products feature independence across any Hadoop environment, easy one-click deployment across any cloud/cluster, and a rich and friendly user-interface to maximize productivity, discovery and insight.
Karmasphere currently offers three products:
- Karmasphere Studio Community Edition: For developers new to Hadoop, the free Community Edition is a graphical environment to learn, prototype, develop and debug MapReduce Jobs on the desktop or a research and development cluster.
- Karmasphere Studio Professional Edition: For developers ready to deploy their MapReduce jobs on a production cluster, the Studio Professional Edition adds one button packaging and exporting to on-premise and cloud clusters, and provides ongoing profiling of the jobs to help with optimization and further debugging.
- Karmasphere Analyst: For everyone needing to explore data in Hadoop, Karmasphere Analyst provides a graphical environment to develop, debug and deploy SQL for Hadoop, and then explore the results in a tabular format or the visualization tool of their choice.
Download your Free Community Edition today!
Kabam is looking for a Quantitative Analyst and a Senior Data Engineer
Kabam is looking for a Quantitative Analyst and a Senior Data Engineer to join the Business Intelligence group at our social gaming startup. We are profitable, well-funded (backed by top-tier VCs) and offer a competitive salary, equity participation and benefits.
Kabam, formerly known as Watercooler Inc,. got its start building TV and sports fan community sites, and recently turned our attention to creating innovative, engaging social games. Our first title, Kingdoms of Camelot, has garnered top ratings (IGN Reader's Choice Facebook Game of 2010) and has a strong (and growing) following on Facebook. Several yet to be announced titles are poised to continue that success.
Kabam just recently announced closing their series C round of funding ($30M); http://mashable.com/2011/01/20/kabam
The Quantitative Analyst plays a key role in one of the most strategic areas of the company. You will work across the company to identify and answer on-going and ad-hoc key business questions to support data driven decision making, as well as conduct proactive analyses to develop new insights. Responsibilities include:
* Support ad-hoc requests for in-depth analysis across the company
* Build and maintain complex forecasting and game play models
* Define requirements and work with engineering team to build and maintain dashboards
* Conduct deep analysis on web analytics
* Conduct proactive deep analysis and modeling to uncover hidden opportunities
Senior Data Engineer
The Data Engineer is responsible for working with large data sets and building expert systems that help track the business performance, and more importantly game metrics for millions of gamers. This effort includes working with quantitative analysts to extract, transform, and analyze large data sets. It also includes building front-end applications to track metrics and display analysis results intelligently.
You may also be asked to automate and scale custom analyses. You will manage fast changing business priorities and interface effectively with marketing, finance, product managers and engineers.
You will also:
* Extract and process large, complex data sets
* Build and maintain customer datamart
* Automate statistical analyses
* Build dashboards to track metrics
* Work with distributed computing and data storage systems like Hadoop/Hive
* Clearly communicate highly technical results and methods.
Interested applicants should visit Kabam's open positions for more info and to apply.
aiCache Increases the Speed Scale and Stability of Your Web-site
$100 dollars to yack with me about scaling your website for 20 minutes.
If you run an HTTP based Dynamic Application with more than 3 web servers, we think we have the greatest thing since sliced bread.
We believe we can scale your site 3x to 30x without changing your architecture and...
We giving you more stable performance and the industries best real-time reporting.
Scenario Number One (most likely to occur): You’ll say “HOLY CRAP, THIS IS AMAZING. I’M GOING TO TRIAL IT.”
...And then we’ll expect you to schedule some time for a proof of concept with our engineers. You might even want to buy us out right. Who knows?
Scenario Number Two (unlikely): You’ll say, “You know man ...this isn’t as cool as I was hoping it would be.”
In the unlikely event that scenario number two occurs,
I Will Send You $100.00 By PayPal
As Soon As You Hang Up The Phone
That’s how confident I am that what have really is the missing “Secret Sauce”.
You’re either totally pleased or I give you back $100.
See? If you meet the criteria I just gave you, you can’t lose.
And I’m pretty damn sure this is going to knock your socks off, so...
Here’s What I Want You To Do Next
Book an appointment to speak
Opera Solutions is looking for Senior Software Engineers to work with Big Data analytics
Opera Solutions is one of the world's most rapidly growing analytics and consulting firms Description with offices in Boston, New York, San Diego, New Delhi, London and Shanghai. We specialize in tangible profit enhancement and deliver it through a series of focused practice areas, services and products. Our clients span across industries including Financial Services, Private Equity, FMCG, Publishing, Retail & Distribution. We excel at working in 'data rich' environments and achieve outstanding results for our clients using proprietary analytics, and strategic & execution talent, turning Big Data into profit growth.
- Develop enterprise analytics software to mine and analyze huge volumes of data.
- Collaborate with analytics team to convert equations and prototypes into scalable, efficient systems.
- Transform traditional programs to run on a distributed network of machines, often using the Hadoop framework.
- Work in fluid environment applying agile software development principles.
- Communicate clearly within your team.
- You are a ROCKSTAR developer and want to work with other ROCKSTARS.
- A technology generalist rather than a specialist. You should show a genuine interest in a broad range of current technologies including databases, languages, architecture, patterns, methods (e.g., Agile) and frameworks. You should have side projects or contributions to open source projects. Software development is something you are genuinely interested in, not just something you do at the office. Picking up a new language takes just a few weeks because you already know a handful.
- Well-versed in the fundamentals of software engineering and computer science. Need to reason about computational complexity of algorithms, options for improving efficiency. You know more design patterns than are in the GoF book.
- A high degree of mathematical fluency. You will not be developing the algorithms but you will need to understand them to code them correctly. This could be demonstrated by strong undergraduate study of math, use of math on the job (e.g., at engineering firms), or application of math in your graduate studies.
- Ability to work collaboratively within your team and alongside quants who have developed algorithms that you will be productionizing.
- The right balance of pragmatism and idealism. Some things really must be done right the first time, other things can be kluged for a while and fixed later. You should know how to reason about this and discuss with your team.
Interested applicants should go to http://www.operasolutions.com/current_opportunities.html for more info and to apply.
Newrelic - What are you doing to to ensure the performance of your apps?
These days, "app" has become a household word and companies are banging them out faster than you can say "friend me." But high productivity/high output however, does not necessarily mean excellent application scalability and performance. With the right tools in place, any organization can deploy highly scalable apps that meet end-user demands-- and business goals. More than 6,000 organizations around the world use New Relic RPM, a SaaS-based application performance management tool that lets developers monitor, troubleshoot and tune live production web apps. With support for Ruby, PHP, .NET and Java, you can start seeing in-depth performance metrics for your web applications in 2 minutes. Check out our blog to see how companies like Groupon manages to scale their ever-growing service with RPM. Better yet, just sign up for a free account today to start chipping away at bottlenecks and scale, scale, scale.
If you're passionate about scaling polyglot systems (a few hundred thousand requests per minute) and helping others manage system scalability, we've got a few job openings too. Check us out! Your app could be faster, and you know it!
Interested in CouchDB Training?
Interested in CouchDB Training? The CouchDB Training World Tour starts this month with new CouchDB training classes in five major cities.
One- and two-day courses provide instruction ranging from introductory to advanced development with CouchDB. Each workshop will be led by a professional trainer and key CouchDB project committer. Click here to learn more or register today.
Monitor and Manage Your Servers Better with Cloudkick
Monitor & manage your servers better with a FREE Cloudkick developer account. Try all Cloudkick’s tools on a single node for as long as you want; no commitment and no charge.
- Easy-to-use dashboard or API access
- Aggregate data to see trends on slick graphs
- Change logs with notation on graphs
- Custom alerts and fault detection that only the big guys have
- Compare your performance to thousands of other public cloud servers
- Seamless upgrade later if you are ready for our premium plan
For more information please see https://www.cloudkick.com/developers
See how Joyent's Cloud Solutions Support Game Studios from Game Concept to Launch
Casual and social game developers and publishers quickly move up the AppData and iTunes leaderboards with gains in daily active users (DAU) and monthly active users (MAU) when running on Joyent’s public cloud.
Unlike traditional console games, online games must readily handle millions of users without disruption of play. You need to rapidly provision, deploy, and scale up and down your high availability environments when your games are under dynamic load. To be really successful, you want an experienced partner that understands your technology stack and is responsive to your needs.
Joyent’s suite of three cost effective game solutions and customer support services collectively act as your operations staff while you focus on what you do best – create rich user experiences across levels of play.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section.