Sponsored Post: BetterWorks, New Relic, eHarmony, TripAdvisor, NoSQL Now!, Surge, Tungsten, Aconex, Mathworks, AppDynamics, ScaleOut, Couchbase, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- BetterWorks is hiring a PHP Software Engineer in Los Angeles to help make enterprise software be as beautiful and usable as an Apple product. Please apply here.
- TripAdvisor is Hiring Engineers at all Levels: Scalable Web Engineering Program. To apply for our Scalable Web Engineering Program, visit http://www.tripadvisor.com/careers/webprogram
- Are you a scalability expert? eHarmony is looking for Senior Java Engineers to help implement and scale our Matching compatibility systems. Please visit: http://tinyurl.com/3g8mxks.
- Aconex is looking for a Systems Engineer in San Bruno. Please apply here.
- MathWorks Looking for Multiple, Full-time Scaling Experts. Apply now:
Fun and Informative Events
- NoSQL Now! is a new conference covering the dynamic field of NoSQL technologies. August 23-25 in San Jose. For more information please visit: http://www.NoSQLNow.com
- Surge 2011: The Scalability and Performance Conference. Surge is a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects behind established technologies. Early Bird Registration.
- Join our webinar as we introduce Tungsten Enterprise Summer '11 Edition with improved usability, performance and ease of management for MySQL and PostgreSQL clusters.
- Couchbase is having a Special Offer for Apache CouchDB Developer Training! http://www.couchbase.com/couchdb-training/portland-june-2011
Cool Products and Services
- New Relic - real user monitoring optimize for humans, not bots. Live application stats, SQL/NoSQL performance, web transactions, proactive notifications. Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
- CloudSigma. Instantly scalable European cloud servers.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponsor, please read more below...
BetterWorks is Hiring a PHP Software Engineer in Los Angeles
Enterprise Software sucks and we are looking for engineers to help us Fix it. We want to make enterprise software as beautiful and usable as an Apple product, and you can help us reinvent it.
A well funded startup is looking for a software engineer to join our pool of A+ talent and help reinvent the enterprise web by creating a beautiful, modular, scalable perks platform. We want to make a seamless user experience that handles and manages the logistics, fulfillment, and all the accounting/billing with just a click of a button. Just imagine how hard it is to call, schedule, and pay for a local dry cleaning service. With our platform, it becomes as simple as a click of a button. We want to create a managed ecommerce experience and we’re extremely focused on the user experience.
If the challenge of supporting 6 Million small and medium businesses and 70 Million employees sounds fun (and you meet the requirements below), please hit us up.
Please apply here.
New Relic - Real User Monitoring Optimize for Humans
Real-time visibility into: Gain valuable, real-time insight into browser response time Measure user satisfaction (Apdex) from both end-user and app perspectives Determine if bottlenecks are located in front end, the app, or connected systems
Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
NoSQL Now! Conference in August 23-25 in San Jose
NoSQL Now! is a new conference covering the dynamic field of NoSQL technologies (Not Only SQL). It is scheduled for: San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, California, August 23-25, 2011
It is a vendor-neutral forum celebrating the diversity of NoSQL technologies and helping businesses develop objective evaluation processes to match the right NoSQL solutions with the right business challenge.
NoSQL Now! is intended for every enterprise that needs to find better, faster and cheaper solutions to managing its fast growing databases and data stores. The educational program will be designed to accommodate all levels of technical understanding, from novice through expert, with an emphasis on the design and management needs of enterprise IT and big data applications.
The venue will also provide opportunities for CTOs, developers and software entrepreneurs to meet and mix with potential customers and investors.
For more information please visit: http://www.NoSQLNow.com
For indepth look at NoSQL technologies see this white paper: The CIO's Guide to NoSQL New Technologies for Data Management and Analysis.
eHarmony is looking for Senior Java Engineers
Are you a scalability expert? eHarmony in Santa Monica, CA is looking for Senior Java Engineers to help implement and scale our Matching compatibility systems.
Please visit: http://tinyurl.com/3g8mxks for more information.
TripAdvisor is Hiring Engineers at all Levels: Scalable Web Engineering Program
Looking to springboard off your book-knowledge and internships into a job that will give you a deep understanding of web development and operations? TripAdvisor, the #1 global travel website, is offering a special program in which you'll rotate through multiple engineering teams, learning from the best and making your mark before moving to the next challenge. Get an advanced degree in massive traffic, big data, SEO, SEM, mobile, social networking, internationalization, operations, and most importantly, speed.
For TripAdvisor, scalability is woven into our organization on many levels - data center, software architecture, development/deployment/operations, and, most importantly, within the culture and organization. It is not enough to have a scalable data center, or a scalable software architecture. The process of designing, coding, testing, and deploying code also needs to be scalable. All of this starts with hiring and a culture and an organization that values and supports a distributed, fast, and effective development and operation of a complex and highly scalable consumer web site.
For additional info on TripAdvisor, check out our VP of Engineering's post on High Scalability on June 27th
Surge 2011: The Scalability and Performance Conference
Surge is more than an event, it's a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects behind established technologies. Learn from their mistakes and see how their victories can power your business forward.
Join the Internet's top engineers in Baltimore, Maryland September 28-30, 2011 to hear case studies about designing and operating scalable Internet architectures—and, new this year, Hack Day. Register now to take advantage of the best rates during Early Bird registration: Only $350!
Introduction to Continuent Tungsten - Enterprise Summer '11 Edition
Join our webinar as we introduce Tungsten Enterprise Summer '11 Edition with improved usability, performance and ease of management for MySQL and PostgreSQL clusters
Tungsten Enterprise is a complete replication and data management solution for MySQL and PostgreSQL. The latest Tungsten Enterprise edition is designed to simplify the management of, and to ensure the availability and scalability of mission critical applications and services.
This live launch webinar recaps how Tungsten works and highlights enhancements to Tungsten’s error detection, cluster throughput and replication, including:
- Compatibility with MySQL 5.5
- Higher replication throughput for MySQL
- Single-command backup and restore of data sources
- New Tungsten Manager statistics for Tungsten Connectors
- An improved, more comprehensive help
- Improved and more flexible policies for failover
- Reduced memory footprint.
We will have our usual demos to show how the new features work. Join us to learn what's new, better, faster!
Aconex is looking for a Systems Engineer in San Bruno
Every day at Aconex is different, as new clients, markets and business opportunities push us to achieve. Due to expansion, we are currently recruiting a proactive Systems Engineer to provide support to the continuous and efficient running of Aconex's global SaaS platforms from our San Bruno office.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Plan and carry-out systems maintenance activities
- Design, develop, test and implement automated scripts and other processes to ensure efficient operation of the system
- Ensure that all operational and administration activities are carried out with a security focus
- Work proactively with remote data centers.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for operational and management purposes
- Pro-actively contribute and support the team and Aconex
- Keep abreast with IT news and technologies
Joining Aconex is a great career move. We need energetic people with initiative, who are keen to learn and grow with us, and to develop solutions to exciting challenges. We provide great training and ongoing professional development, and you will work with smart, friendly people who like you, are passionate about what we do.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
MathWorks Looking for Multiple, Full-time Scaling Experts
MathWorks is looking for server, system and UI engineers driven to deliver highly reliable global internet scale distributed systems. MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists. Founded in 1984, MathWorks employs 2200 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
If you're passionate about quality software systems, your skills and experience match, and you're looking for an opportunity to make a difference
ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
Developers have discovered that distributed data grids are the key to reaching their scalability and performance goals. By keeping frequently accessed, fast-changing data in-memory and globally accessible across the farm or compute grid, applications have the data they need, when they need it.
ScaleOut StateServer® provides an in-memory, distributed data grid that offloads your DBMS and reduces data access times. It automatically scales throughput as servers are added, providing high speed and farm-wide access with integrated high availability. ScaleOut StateServer is production proven and is in use on hundreds of mission-critical production Web applications today. Download a free evaluation copy!
Couchbase is having a Special Offer for Apache CouchDB Developer Training!
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section.