Sponsored Post: Box, BetterWorks, New Relic, NoSQL Now!, Surge, Tungsten, AppDynamics, ScaleOut, Couchbase, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Everything is sexier in the cloud. Box is hiring operations engineers and infrastructure automation engineers to help us revolutionize the way businesses collaborate. Please apply here.
- BetterWorks is hiring a PHP Software Engineer in Los Angeles to help make enterprise software be as beautiful and usable as an Apple product. Please apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- NoSQL Now! is a new conference covering the dynamic field of NoSQL technologies. August 23-25 in San Jose. For more information please visit: http://www.NoSQLNow.com
- Surge 2011: The Scalability and Performance Conference. Surge is a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects behind established technologies. Early Bird Registration.
- Curious about Couchbase Server 2.0? Register for a series of weekly 30-minute webinars. Couchbase has announced CouchConf Berlin! Join us on November 7, 2011.
Cool Products and Services
- Breaking the Cross-Site Data Barrier: Tungsten Multi-Master Replication for MySQL. Please register here.
- New Relic - real user monitoring optimize for humans, not bots. Live application stats, SQL/NoSQL performance, web transactions, proactive notifications. Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
- CloudSigma. Instantly scalable European cloud servers.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponsor, please read more below...
Box is hiring Operations and Infrastructure Automation Engineers
Box is hiring operations engineers and infrastructure automation engineers to help us revolutionize the way businesses collaborate. We are building a cloud solution that fully leverages the web to access and share all types of files. Businesses such as Proctor and Gamble, Marriott, Dell, the San Francisco Giants, and thousands more are using Box to manage and share their business content. We provide a solution substantially less expensive than the current enterprise competition, often by multiple orders of magnitude, by delivering the service on demand and over the web. We let users share business files as easily as a YouTube video, from the office or a cafe, on a PC or iPad, regardless of what software they have installed.
Box is experiencing tremendous growth and needs talented individuals in Tech Ops to scale our infrastructure and stay ahead of the curve. We have worked tirelessly to be able to handle orders of magnitude more users, data and network traffic, but the demand for the product continues to increase at an insane pace.
We're working to make our system as reliable, automated, and scalable as possible. You'll work on taking product ideas and operationalizing them - from evaluating various designs to prototyping, instrumenting, and rolling them out to production. You'll build a highly reliable infrastructure that scales to thousands of nodes and many petabytes. Our goal is build a self-sustaining system.
Our operations automation team is tasked with minimizing the complexity and moving parts across our entire operational stack, and tying diverse systems into a cohesive whole, making it possible to run this massive infrastructure safely while continuing to push the technology forward. If you are interested in building the foundation of one of the largest and fastest cloud storage systems in the world while working with extraordinarily fun, wacky and talented people, visit www.box.net/jobs.
Breaking the Cross-Site Data Barrier: Tungsten Multi-Master Replication for MySQL
Multi-master replication between sites is the holy grail of applications ranging from credit card processing to large-scale software-as-a-service operations. Tungsten Replicator is award-winning open source software that helps you solve a wide range of multi-master problems that you can only dream of tackling with MySQL native replication. Join us to learn the nuts and bolts of multi-master replication using Tungsten. We will explain the architecture and demonstrate setup of solutions to common multi-master problems such as:
- Aggregating MySQL data from multiple sites into a single MySQL DBMS for reporting
- Cross site replication between 2, 3 or more masters
- Supporting SaaS customers on multiple sites using system-of-record and sharding.
Along the way we will cover practical issues like provisioning new servers, data conflicts, and failure recovery. After this webinar you'll be a multi-master guru ready to tackle the tough cross-site problems with verve and aplomb.
Please register here for the webinar.
BetterWorks is Hiring a PHP Software Engineer in Los Angeles
Enterprise Software sucks and we are looking for engineers to help us Fix it. We want to make enterprise software as beautiful and usable as an Apple product, and you can help us reinvent it.
A well funded startup is looking for a software engineer to join our pool of A+ talent and help reinvent the enterprise web by creating a beautiful, modular, scalable perks platform. We want to make a seamless user experience that handles and manages the logistics, fulfillment, and all the accounting/billing with just a click of a button. Just imagine how hard it is to call, schedule, and pay for a local dry cleaning service. With our platform, it becomes as simple as a click of a button. We want to create a managed ecommerce experience and we’re extremely focused on the user experience.
If the challenge of supporting 6 Million small and medium businesses and 70 Million employees sounds fun (and you meet the requirements below), please hit us up.
Please apply here.
New Relic - Real User Monitoring Optimize for Humans
Real-time visibility into: Gain valuable, real-time insight into browser response time Measure user satisfaction (Apdex) from both end-user and app perspectives Determine if bottlenecks are located in front end, the app, or connected systems
Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
NoSQL Now! Conference in August 23-25 in San Jose
NoSQL Now! is a new conference covering the dynamic field of NoSQL technologies (Not Only SQL). It is scheduled for: San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, California, August 23-25, 2011
It is a vendor-neutral forum celebrating the diversity of NoSQL technologies and helping businesses develop objective evaluation processes to match the right NoSQL solutions with the right business challenge.
NoSQL Now! is intended for every enterprise that needs to find better, faster and cheaper solutions to managing its fast growing databases and data stores. The educational program will be designed to accommodate all levels of technical understanding, from novice through expert, with an emphasis on the design and management needs of enterprise IT and big data applications.
The venue will also provide opportunities for CTOs, developers and software entrepreneurs to meet and mix with potential customers and investors.
For more information please visit: http://www.NoSQLNow.com
For indepth look at NoSQL technologies see this white paper: The CIO's Guide to NoSQL New Technologies for Data Management and Analysis.
Surge 2011: The Scalability and Performance Conference
Surge is more than an event, it's a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects behind established technologies. Learn from their mistakes and see how their victories can power your business forward.
Join the Internet's top engineers in Baltimore, Maryland September 28-30, 2011 to hear case studies about designing and operating scalable Internet architectures—and, new this year, Hack Day. Register now to take advantage of the best rates during Early Bird registration: Only $350!
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ScaleOut StateServer - Scale Out Your Server Farm Applications!
Developers have discovered that distributed data grids are the key to reaching their scalability and performance goals. By keeping frequently accessed, fast-changing data in-memory and globally accessible across the farm or compute grid, applications have the data they need, when they need it.
ScaleOut StateServer® provides an in-memory, distributed data grid that offloads your DBMS and reduces data access times. It automatically scales throughput as servers are added, providing high speed and farm-wide access with integrated high availability. ScaleOut StateServer is production proven and is in use on hundreds of mission-critical production Web applications today. Download a free evaluation copy!
Curious about Couchbase Server 2.0 or CouchConf in Berlin?
Curious about Couchbase Server 2.0? Come to a series of weekly 30-minute webinars to learn more about the technical details of Couchbase Server 2.0.
Couchbase Server 2.0 Developer Release is now available! This new release combines the unmatched elastic data management capabilities of Membase Server with the distributed indexing and querying capabilities of Apache CouchDB to deliver the industry’s most powerful, bullet-proof NoSQL database technology. The nine-week technical webinar series will cover: Couchbase Server 2.0 overview, Indexing and querying basics, SDKs/client libraries (including Moxi Server), Development/production View usage, Advanced indexing and querying, Clustering and monitoring, Auto compaction, Upgrading to 2.0 from Membase Server and Cross data center replication.
Couchbase has announced CouchConf Berlin! Join us on November 7, 2011 to learn more about Couchbase and how to use the Couchbase technologies for your web and mobile applications.
CouchConf is for any developer who wants to take a deeper dive into Couchbase technology, learn where it’s headed and build really cool stuff. Join us in Berlin to find out what’s new with Couchbase and learn more about harnessing this powerful technology for your web and mobile applications. The call for papers and early bird registration are now open!
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section.