Sponsored Post: Rocketfuel, FreeAgent, Percona Live!, Strata, Box, BetterWorks, New Relic, NoSQL Now!, Surge, Tungsten, AppDynamics, Couchbase, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Rocketfuel is hiring engineers to build ad-serving, bidding, modeling and data infrastructure built using a mix of proprietary and open-source technologies. Please apply here.
- FreeAgent - Senior Platform Engineer. FreeAgent is one of the UK's largest and most successful online accounting web apps, and we're growing at an explosive rate.
- Everything is sexier in the cloud. Box is hiring operations engineers and infrastructure automation engineers to help us revolutionize the way businesses collaborate. Please apply here.
- BetterWorks is hiring a PHP Software Engineer in Los Angeles to help make enterprise software be as beautiful and usable as an Apple product. Please apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- Curious about Couchbase Server 2.0? Register for a series of weekly 30-minute webinars. Couchbase has announced the CouchConf World Tour! Check it out at http://www.couchbase.com/couchconf-world-tour
- Strata New York, Sep 19-23, making data work. The data opportunity is exploding, and it's happening breathtakingly fast. Learn more here.
- Come one come all! Introducing Percona Live London! Join us for this two day intensive MySQL conference Oct 24th-25th. Save £40 on Percona's early bird and regular rate tickets with discount code: HiSc-PLUK
- NoSQL Now! is a new conference covering the dynamic field of NoSQL technologies. August 23-25 in San Jose. For more information please visit: http://www.NoSQLNow.com
- Surge 2011: The Scalability and Performance Conference. Surge is a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects behind established technologies. Early Bird Registration.
Cool Products and Services
- Real-time Replication between MySQL and Oracle. In this webinar we'll describe how to design real-time cross-database replication using Tungsten Replicator.
- New Relic - real user monitoring optimize for humans, not bots. Live application stats, SQL/NoSQL performance, web transactions, proactive notifications. Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- CloudSigma. Instantly scalable European cloud servers.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponsor, please read more below...
Rocketfuel is Hiring Engineers!
We’re hiring engineers to build ad-serving, bidding, modeling and data infrastructure built using a mix of proprietary and open-source technologies. We’re integrated with real time exchanges processing requests @100k qps. We have over 1PB of data and growing fast. We’re looking for those excited about working tough problems related to scalable, reliable, available algorithms, machine learning & software systems that scale.
Your colleagues will be engineers who went to top US as well as international schools (Examples include CMU, Cornell, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Stanford, MIT, IIT (India), Tsinghua (China)). So, this is a great opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced environment.
- B.S./ M.S./PhD in computer science/ mathematics/ machine learning/ data mining
- Many years of Java, C/C++ Linux
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, and object-oriented programming
- Structured thinker, Effective communicator, Excellent programming and analytic skills
- GPA 3.8 or above
- (Good to have) Experience with hadoop/ hive/Pig, MySQL, EC2
Please apply here.
Come one come all! Introducing Percona Live London!
The first two Percona Live MySQL Conferences in San Francisco and New York were great sellout events not soon to be forgotten. Due to the wild popularity of this event, we are taking Percona Live on the road to London, England were we will broaden learning opportunities, content, networking, presentation and marketing opportunities for attendees and sponsors. This two day event, October 24-25, will kick off with a day of tutorials followed by a day of conference sessions and an expo hall. Come learn what works for leading companies that use MySQL. Meet face-to-face with well known MySQL experts in the "hallway track" and make lasting connections. Go home with a whole new perspective on your old challenges. Purchase your tickets before there gone. Save £40 on Percona's early bird and regular rate tickets with the discount code: HiSc-PLUK. More information is at the Percona Live homepage.
Strata New York Sep 19-23
Strata Jump Start - A crash course for managers, strategists, and entrepreneurs on how to manage the data deluge that's transforming traditional business practices across the board--in finance, marketing, sales, legal, privacy/security, operations, and HR. Join us for an intense, day-long deep dive.
Strata Summit - Two days on the essential high-level strategies for thriving in "the harsh light of data," delivered by the battle-tested business and technology pioneers who are leading the way.
Strata Conference - Two days of the nuts-and-bolts needed for building a data-driven business—the latest on skills, tools, and technologies you need to make data work.
Learn more here.
Box is hiring Operations and Infrastructure Automation Engineers
Box is hiring operations engineers and infrastructure automation engineers to help us revolutionize the way businesses collaborate. We are building a cloud solution that fully leverages the web to access and share all types of files. Businesses such as Proctor and Gamble, Marriott, Dell, the San Francisco Giants, and thousands more are using Box to manage and share their business content. We provide a solution substantially less expensive than the current enterprise competition, often by multiple orders of magnitude, by delivering the service on demand and over the web. We let users share business files as easily as a YouTube video, from the office or a cafe, on a PC or iPad, regardless of what software they have installed.
Box is experiencing tremendous growth and needs talented individuals in Tech Ops to scale our infrastructure and stay ahead of the curve. We have worked tirelessly to be able to handle orders of magnitude more users, data and network traffic, but the demand for the product continues to increase at an insane pace.
We're working to make our system as reliable, automated, and scalable as possible. You'll work on taking product ideas and operationalizing them - from evaluating various designs to prototyping, instrumenting, and rolling them out to production. You'll build a highly reliable infrastructure that scales to thousands of nodes and many petabytes. Our goal is build a self-sustaining system.
Our operations automation team is tasked with minimizing the complexity and moving parts across our entire operational stack, and tying diverse systems into a cohesive whole, making it possible to run this massive infrastructure safely while continuing to push the technology forward. If you are interested in building the foundation of one of the largest and fastest cloud storage systems in the world while working with extraordinarily fun, wacky and talented people, visit www.box.net/jobs.
Real-time Replication between MySQL and Oracle
MySQL is great for front-end web facing applications. Oracle has proven itself in the demanding back-end data warehouse and reporting solutions. But how to bridge MySQL and Oracle together without paying an arm and a leg for Oracle's GoldenGate replication solution?
In this webinar we'll describe how to design real-time cross-database replication using Tungsten Replicator. We will cover some of the pitfalls and corner cases like SQL dialect differences, data types, character sets, MySQL and Oracle peculiarities. With some expert help from Continuent, Tungsten Replicator makes implementation fast and real time replication operations reliable, even for the high volume environment.
Lee Margulin, Database Administrator at Zappos.com, will speak about how Zappos uses Tungsten to replicate data between Oracle and MySQL. Established in 1999, Zappos.com has quickly become a leader in online apparel and footwear sales by striving to provide shoppers with the best possible service and selection, with gross merchandise sales exceeding $1 billion annually. Zappos.com currently stocks millions of products from over 1000 clothing and shoe brands. Zappos.com was recognized in 2009 and 2010 by FORTUNE MAGAZINE as one of the "100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR".
BetterWorks is Hiring a PHP Software Engineer in Los Angeles
Enterprise Software sucks and we are looking for engineers to help us Fix it. We want to make enterprise software as beautiful and usable as an Apple product, and you can help us reinvent it.
A well funded startup is looking for a software engineer to join our pool of A+ talent and help reinvent the enterprise web by creating a beautiful, modular, scalable perks platform. We want to make a seamless user experience that handles and manages the logistics, fulfillment, and all the accounting/billing with just a click of a button. Just imagine how hard it is to call, schedule, and pay for a local dry cleaning service. With our platform, it becomes as simple as a click of a button. We want to create a managed ecommerce experience and we’re extremely focused on the user experience.
If the challenge of supporting 6 Million small and medium businesses and 70 Million employees sounds fun (and you meet the requirements below), please hit us up.
Please apply here.
New Relic - Real User Monitoring Optimize for Humans
Real-time visibility into: Gain valuable, real-time insight into browser response time Measure user satisfaction (Apdex) from both end-user and app perspectives Determine if bottlenecks are located in front end, the app, or connected systems
Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
NoSQL Now! Conference in August 23-25 in San Jose
NoSQL Now! is a new conference covering the dynamic field of NoSQL technologies (Not Only SQL). It is scheduled for: San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, California, August 23-25, 2011
It is a vendor-neutral forum celebrating the diversity of NoSQL technologies and helping businesses develop objective evaluation processes to match the right NoSQL solutions with the right business challenge.
NoSQL Now! is intended for every enterprise that needs to find better, faster and cheaper solutions to managing its fast growing databases and data stores. The educational program will be designed to accommodate all levels of technical understanding, from novice through expert, with an emphasis on the design and management needs of enterprise IT and big data applications.
The venue will also provide opportunities for CTOs, developers and software entrepreneurs to meet and mix with potential customers and investors.
For more information please visit: http://www.NoSQLNow.com
For indepth look at NoSQL technologies see this white paper: The CIO's Guide to NoSQL New Technologies for Data Management and Analysis.
Surge 2011: The Scalability and Performance Conference
Surge is more than an event, it's a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects behind established technologies. Learn from their mistakes and see how their victories can power your business forward.
Join the Internet's top engineers in Baltimore, Maryland September 28-30, 2011 to hear case studies about designing and operating scalable Internet architectures—and, new this year, Hack Day. Register now to take advantage of the best rates during Early Bird registration: Only $350!
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
Curious about Couchbase Server 2.0 or the CouchConf World Tour?
Curious about Couchbase Server 2.0? Come to a series of weekly 30-minute webinars to learn more about the technical details of Couchbase Server 2.0. Register at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/251613526
Couchbase Server 2.0 Developer Release combines the unmatched elastic data management capabilities of Membase Server with the distributed indexing and querying capabilities of Apache CouchDB to deliver the industry’s most powerful, bullet-proof NoSQL database technology. The nine-week technical webinar series will cover: Couchbase Server 2.0 overview, Indexing and querying basics, SDKs/client libraries (including Moxi Server), Development/production View usage, Advanced indexing and querying, Clustering and monitoring, Auto compaction, Upgrading to 2.0 from Membase Server and Cross data center replication.
CouchConf World Tour
Join Couchbase in their worldwide tour of CouchConf developer conferences, taking place over the next six months in six major cities: New York City, Chicago, Berlin, Bangalore, Tel Aviv and Tokyo. CouchConf is a one-day event for anyone who wants to take a deeper dive into Couch NoSQL technology, learn where it’s headed and build really cool stuff. Check it out at http://www.couchbase.com/couchconf-world-tour
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section.