Sponsored Post: Next Big Sound, ElasticHosts, 1&1, Red 5 Studios, SingleHop, Spokeo, Callfire, Attribution Modeling, Logic Monitor, New Relic, ScaleOut, AppDynamics, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Anybody interested in helping manage a 100+ Linux server deployment? Next Big Sound is a an analytics company for the music industry and is looking someone to help them scale.
- Red 5 Studios. Wanted: DBAs and Programmers interested in MySQL scalability and replication. If interested, please see us here.
- Callfire, one of the largest cloud telephony platforms on the web, is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer. You can learn more here.
- Spokeo is hiring backend & frontend developers, and system administrators to revolutionize the people search industry. Please visit here for more information.
Fun and Informative Events
- Sign up for this free 30-minute webinar exploring how new technology can determine which ads have been seen by users and will discuss the C3 Metrics Labs analysis of over 2 billion impressions.
Cool Products and Services
- ElasticHosts award winning cloud server hosting launches across North America. Adding data centers in Los Angeles and Toronto. Free trial. Just visit our website.
- SingleHop is IaaS. Flexible + On-Demand Public Hosting and Computing Instances. Design and deploy your Public Cloud Instance in minutes. Sign-up now and the first month is $1.
- 1&1 Internet. Flexible, dynamic high performance cloud servers for professionals. 3 Months Free Trial.
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- New Relic - real user monitoring optimize for humans, not bots. Live application stats, SQL/NoSQL performance, web transactions, proactive notifications. Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
- ScaleOut StateServer® Delivers Map/Reduce Analysis and Scalable Application Performance. Gain competitive advantage with rapid access to business intelligence. Download a free evaluation trial today.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- CloudSigma. Instantly scalable European cloud servers.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponsor, please read more below...
Next Big Sound is Hiring
Anybody interested in helping manage a 100+ Linux server deployment? Next Big Sound is a data aggregation and analytics company for the music industry currently ingesting hundreds of millions of records on a daily basis but as a small engineering team, we're looking for someone to help scale well beyond this to meet our customers' demands. More specifically, we're looking for someone who has practical experience with one or more of Linux / network administration, Java, MySQL, Apache Cassandra, Apache Hadoop (hive/pig/sqoop as well), Chef, Git, and/or PHP.
We currently only have 10 full time people but we're hoping to expand aggressively into the NYC area. If you have any interest or questions, you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our jobs page for more information.
Other links: Next Big Sound powers Billboards "Social 50" chart sponsored by American Express. Next Big Sound wins in MIDEM's digital music start-up competition. Next Big Sound makes Billboard's top 10 list of digital music startups. Next Big Sound raises $6.5 million series A.
ElasticHosts Launches across North America
ElasticHosts cloud server hosting launched across North America this month, adding data centers in Los Angeles and Toronto to existing locations in London and San Antonio.
- 5 data centers. Across US, Canada and UK
- Award-winning cloud servers. Best Cloud Service winners
- Fully flexible scaling. Not just fixed instance sizes
- Free trial. Just visit our website
Red 5 Studios. Wanted: DBAs and Programmers interested in MySQL scalability and replication
In video games, we've got some really tough technical challenges with scalability. The last project I launched, World of Warcraft, had its share of growing pains. This time around, after founding Red 5 Studios, I wanted to do things differently, using open source DB's like MySQL and modern web techniques pioneered at places like 37 signals, Twitter and more.
We're trying to change the game industry once more, but making top quality, AAA games and giving them away for free. We want to compete on fun and innovation instead of marketing and box distribution and sequel-itis. We've also moved away from proprietary hardware and data centers in favor of white box specs and the cloud.
We've been building some really cool tech to do this, and hope to share it with other developers in time. But we need help. We need a database fanatic who wants to try new and daring things, replicating MySQL databases across vast distances, and finding new ways to scale databases by using some of the theory and knowledge found on this very website.
If interested, please see us here: http://www.red5studios.com/2011/11/senior-mysql-dba/. If you'd like to find out more about our game, Firefall, look here: www.firefallthegame.com
1&1 Internet's Server Line
Developers require servers that meet a long list of criteria in order to fit their needs. 1&1 Internet, Inc., a global leader amongst Web hosts, provides a variety of different servers and levels of service to fit individual needs and different budgets. The variety of servers makes dedicated computing resources widely available to a large spectrum of users – small businesses, personal users and developers.
Ideal for those who wish to use applications where resource demands are known, 1&1’s Dedicated Server line has recently been enhanced to include servers with up to 32 cores (which provides AMD as the primary technology). A boost to the rest of 1&1’s servers allows for either AMD or Intel systems while all hardware, regardless of the model, gives the user full root administrative access. Additionally, if the goal is to use databases or scripts without limitations, a dedicated server will offer individuals the ability to install all services and software specific to their project.
Singup for a 3 Months Free Trial.
SingleHop is Infrastructure-as-a-Service
Flexible + On-Demand Public Hosting and Computing Instances. Design and deploy your Public Cloud Instance in minutes. Sign-up now and the first month is $1 and there's a possible $40/month rebate.
SingleHop offers two types of Cloud Computing. The first, known as the SingleHop Public Cloud, offers a wide range of resources that can be scaled instantly in a shared, multi-tenant environment. The second, known as Private Cloud, allows you to build a custom, private Cloud that only your organization can access. Both computing services offer unique advantages.
Spokeo is Hiring Backend & Frontend Developers, and System Administrators
Spokeo is revolutionizing the people search industry by aggregating all the people data in the world. We process billions of data points on everyday people such as John Smith and celebrities like Angelina Jolie!. Come help us architect our infrastructure expansion. Spokeo is hiring backend developers, frontend developers, and system administrators who are up for this challenge!
We are based in Los Angeles. Email jobs AT spokeo DOT com with your resume or visit http://www.spokeo.com/blog/jobs/.
Callfire is Hiring a Sr. Software Engineer
CallFire, one of the largest cloud telephony platforms on the web, is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer. The CallFire platform handles millions of transactions daily and is built on Apache Wicket, Cassandra, MySql, ActiveMQ, Xen and many other open source technologies. You can learn more here.
Attribution Modeling + Are Your Ads Seen
Tuesday, December 6th 1 - 1:30 PM EST
If you do any level of Display Adverting, you may be wondering:
- Are my ads actually being seen?
- What's a viewable impression?
- Do iFrames matter?
- How do we use this data intelligently?
The fact is, the IAB has issued recommendations that will redefine an impression and totally changes the game. Seen ad impressions will change more than 50% of all of your metrics, including Attribution. Knowing how to answer these questions can result in significant improvements in online advertising performance and puts you ahead of the rest of your coworkers.
This free 30-minute webinar will explore how new technology can determine which ads have been seen by users and will discuss the results of the C3 Metrics Labs analysis of over 2 billion impressions in Q4.
Sign up at http://www.attributionmodeling.com
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
New Relic - Real User Monitoring Optimize for Humans
Real-time visibility into: Gain valuable, real-time insight into browser response time Measure user satisfaction (Apdex) from both end-user and app perspectives Determine if bottlenecks are located in front end, the app, or connected systems.
Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
ScaleOut StateServer® Delivers Map/Reduce Analysis and Scalable Application Performance
Using distributed data grids on high demand Web sites has become a common practice to provide scalability and high availability, but did you know that a distributed in-memory data grid such as ScaleOut StateServer® can be used to analyze in-memory data in near real-time?
The map/reduce development model has recently grown in popularity as open source solutions such as Hadoop have captured media attention. While popular for very large datasets, Hadoop uses a file system for storage, slowing down performance – and it can be hard to use. ScaleOut StateServer’s in-memory data grids do fully parallel map/reduce exceptionally fast by performing all operations on data stored in memory, avoiding I/O bottlenecks inherent in disk-based storage. With ScaleOut StateServer, data is analyzed in place reducing network traffic and simplifying development time by automatically pushing the user’s computational logic to every node in the grid. With integrated APIs that enable on-demand analytics, long computational runs are over. You don’t even need parallel programming skills.
ScaleOut StateServer is compatible with all major platforms and languages making it a highly adaptable development solution. You can even seamlessly migrate your on-premise data grid to and from the cloud for additional scalability.
Gain competitive advantage with rapid access to business intelligence. Learn more about ScaleOut StateServer® and download a free evaluation trial today.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .