Sponsored Post: Flurry, Rumble Games, Duolingo, Booking, aiCache, Teradata Aster, Hadapt, Aerospike, Percona, ScaleOut, New Relic, NetDNA, GigaSpaces, Logic Monitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Flurry has built large-scale app measurement and advertising services that are used by more than 80,000 media companies and independent developers to monetize mobile and related platforms. If you're interested in joining a thriving, growing team, please check us out.
- Rumble Games is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to build massively scalable and shared services for the next generation of online games. We have the best team this industry has seen, and we will transform the way people play together. Join us.
- Duolingo, a fast-growing (>11% per week), free (no ads, no fees, no subscriptions) language learning site is looking for an infrastructure engineer to scale Duolingo to millions of users, please apply here.
- We need awesome people @ Booking.com - We want YOU! Come design next
generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases. Apply: http://www.booking.com/jobs.en-us.html
- Teradata Aster is looking for Distributed Systems, Analytic Applications, and Performance Architects. As a member of the Architecture Group you will help define the technical roadmap for the product.
- Hadapt is looking for software engineers. Come shape a cutting-edge technology while working in the fun, collaborative environment of a fast-paced start-up.
- The New York Times is seeking a developer focused on infrastructure to join its newsroom development team. Read the full description here and send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR. Ready to scale a web service with more incoming bits/second than Twitter? http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
Fun and Informative Events
- December 3-4, 2012 Percona Live London 2012 Millennium Gloucester Hotel and Conference Centre, London, UK http://www.percona.com/live/london-2012/
Cool Products and Services
- aiCache creates a better user experience by increasing the speed scale and stability of your web-site. Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required. http://aicache.com/deploy
- Aerospike: Two Trillion Transactions per month...100 million stored user profiles...25% of all video ads processed on the internet - mere realities of success for Aerospike customers. Industry leaders reveal their secrets!
- ScaleOut Software. In-memorry Data Grids for the Enterprise. Download a Free Trial.
- Follow the Cloudify blog to learn more about our open source PaaS stack – latest integration recipes, builds, features, and other cool stuff. Visit the GigaSpaces blog to learn how to take your application to the next level of scalability and performance.
- NetDNA, a Tier-1 GlobalContent Delivery Network, offers a Dual-CDN strategy which allows companies to utilize a redundant infrastructure while leveraging the advantages of multiple CDNs to reduce costs.
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged. http://aicache.com/deploy
Flurry - Hiring Technical Staff Building Out Big Data Platform
Flurry has built large-scale app measurement and advertising services that are used by more than 80,000 media companies and independent developers to monetize mobile and related platforms. There's been a lot of great things happening at the company, and there are a number of positions available on the engineering team.
If you're interested in joining a thriving, growing team, please come check us out at http://www.flurry.com/jobs.html
Rumble Games is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer
Rumble Games is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to build massively scalable and shared services for the next generation of online games. We have the best team this industry has seen, and we will transform the way people play together. Join us.
Duolingo is Looking for an Infrastructure Engineer
Duolingo is a completely free language learning site with a very unique business model (explained here by our founder) and named the cleverest business model in online education by Technology Review. We're growing by more than 11% week over week. Our seven (happy) engineers build both the website and iPhone app and we run 100% of our infrastructure in the cloud on AWS (EC2, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB, SES). Duolingo is a spin-off of Carnegie Mellon's School of Computer Science and is funded by Union Square Ventures and New Enterprise Associates.
Please apply here http://jobs.duolingo.com/apply/WNPHfa/Infrastructure-Engineer.html.
We need awesome people @ Booking.com - We want YOU!
The colors of the buttons matter. The speed of your queries matter. The run time of your request matters. And you want to measure it all. We want exceptional people like you to come design next generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases in the world.
Our diverse, international team of UX Designers, System Administrators and Perl Hackers here in Amsterdam, Netherlands needs your talents. Booking.com will offer you a competitive salary with bonuses, extensive relocation package and great opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company.
Apply online: http://www.booking.com/jobs.en-us.html?st=list
Teradata Aster Looking for Big Data Architects
Teradata Aster (a division of Teradata Corporation) is a proven leader in Big Data management and analysis for data-driven applications. Teradata Aster’s nCluster is the first MPP architecture that enables both SQL and Map-Reduce programs to be run natively as first-class citizens in parallel. The combination of SQL and Map-Reduce allows analytic applications to be fully embedded within the storage and computation engine to enable ultra-fast, deep analysis of massive data sets.
Teradata Aster's unique “applications-within™” approach allows application logic to exist and execute with the data itself. Termed a “Massively Parallel Data-Application Server,” Teradata Aster’s solution effectively uses Aster’s patent-pending SQL-MapReduce with parallelized data processing and applications to address the Big Data challenge.
The Teradata Aster has openings in the Architecture Group for a Distributed Systems Architect https://teradata.taleo.net/careersection/prof/jobdetail.ftl?job=148985&src=JB-10460 , Performance Architect https://teradata.taleo.net/careersection/prof/jobdetail.ftl?job=148984&src=JB-10460, and Analytics Applications Architect https://teradata.taleo.net/careersection/prof/jobdetail.ftl?job=148200&src=JB-10460. As a member of the Architecture Group you will help define the technical roadmap for the product, will influence the specification and design of major features, and will be a hands-on contributor to engineering efforts. Architect responsibilities also include leading customer and partner enablement efforts, mentoring engineers, and evangelizing our market leading technology at conferences and other venues.
Hadapt is Looking for Software Engineers
Hadapt is looking for experienced software engineers for our product development team. We are creating a next generation database built on top of the Hadoop platform designed to analyze structured and unstructured data at massive scale. The product allows customers to tackle the problem of Big Data with greater efficiency, deeper insights and tremendous ease of use.
We are looking for brilliant engineers with excellent computer science and problem solving skills. Candidates should relish the opportunity to shape a cutting-edge technology while working in the fun, collaborative environment of a fast-paced startup.
The New York Times: Looking for Full-Time Infrastructure Developer
The New York Times is seeking a developer focused on infrastructure to join its newsroom development team. You will work with a small group to design and build the foundation of increasingly dynamic news applications used by millions of readers. Opportunities include breaking news, investigations and events such as the Olympics and elections.
Interested applicants should read the full description http://jobs.nytco.com/job/New-York-Interactive-News-Developer-Job-NY/2123052/ and send resumes to email@example.com.
Percona Live London 2012, December 3-4, 2012
MySQL is the world's most popular open-source database, powering web-scale applications such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. MySQL continues to evolve rapidly, reaching more markets and powering more applications every day.
ScaleOut Software. In-memorry Data Grids for the Enterprise
Today's applications need fast access to data for maximum performance. Distributed in-memory data grids combine distributed caching with powerful analysis and management tools to give you a complete solution for managing fast-changing data in a server farm, compute grid, or in the cloud. ScaleOut Software's suite of software products eliminate scalability bottlenecks by storing fast-changing data in a memory-based, distributed cache spanning several servers, enabling scalable, highly available access by client systems
New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR
What tools would you use? We build our data collectors with Java and MySQL, on a fairly typical web stack that handles 50+ billion incoming rows per day. We use Thrift, memcached, git, and Jenkins, with Linux in production and OS X on our desks. Other than that, we expect that you will use the right tool for the job. You'll evaluate technology choices with clear vision. You'll learn every day about what works and what doesn't by monitoring, evaluating, and continuously delivering your work to customers.
Apply at http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
NetDNA's Dual-CDN Strategy
We all know that using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) can help scale your websites growth and deliverability of your online properties. Now that there is reliance for online enterprise companies to use a CDN, companies need safe-guards to ensure 100% up-time and increased scalability of their site. NetDNA, a Tier-1 GlobalContent Delivery Network, offers a Dual-CDN strategy which allows companies to utilize a redundant infrastructure while leveraging the advantages of multiple content delivery networks which in most cases reduces costs.
Many successful companies have been implementing a Dual-CDN Strategy that have not only saved them up to 50% in costs, but also increased the scalability of their site and the reliability in global up-time. To find out more about how you can leverage NetDNA's Dual CDN Strategy please visit NetDNA here: http://www.netdna.com/why-netdna/dual-cdn-strategy/ and learn more about how other successful companies use load balancing to achieve a high scaling website.
Take Your Application To The Next Level Of Performance & Scalability
Follow the Cloudify blog to learn more about our open source PaaS stack – latest integration recipes, builds, features, and other cool stuff.
Visit the GigaSpaces blog to learn how to take your application to the next level of scalability and performance.
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .