Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:05AM
Pinterest co-founder Paul Sciarra shared a bit about their stack on Quora:
- Python + heavily-modified Django at the application layer
- Tornado and (very selectively) node.js as web-servers.
- Memcached and membase / redis for object- and logical-caching, respectively.
- RabbitMQ as a message queue.
- Nginx, HAproxy and Varnish for static-delivery and load-balancing.
- Persistent data storage using MySQL.
- MrJob on EMR for map-reduce.
Alex Popescu has created a cool diagram of the setup and provided some thoughtful analysis as well.