Sponsored Post: Oracle, Percona Live, AiCache, ElasticHosts, Red 5 Studios, Logic Monitor, New Relic, AppDynamics, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Red 5 Studios. Wanted: DBAs and Programmers interested in MySQL scalability and replication. If interested, please see us here.
Fun and Informative Events
- The Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo features 60+ speakers, 72 breakout sessions, and keynotes from HP, Facebook, Box, Eucalyptus Systems, and more. April 10-12 in Santa Clara
Cool Products and Services
- Join the MySQL experts from Oracle to learn Oracle's strategy for MySQL as well as the latest product development and features. So learn more and register now!
- aiCache creates a better user experience by increasing the speed scale and stability of your web-site.
- ElasticHosts award winning cloud server hosting launches across North America. Adding data centers in Los Angeles and Toronto. Free trial.
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- New Relic - real user monitoring optimize for humans, not bots. Live application stats, SQL/NoSQL performance, web transactions, proactive notifications. Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- CloudSigma. Utility style high performance cloud servers in the US and Europe delivered on all 10GigE networking. Run any OS, take advantage of SSD storage and tailored infrastructure options.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponsor, please read more below...
Join the MySQL experts from Oracle to learn Oracle's strategy for MySQL
Join the MySQL experts from Oracle to learn Oracle's strategy for MySQL as well as the latest product development and features. MySQL is world's most popular open-source database, powering high-volume websites, business-critical systems and packaged software. In March we feature the MySQL Tech Tour events in Colorado Spring (March 12), San Diego (March 14), Burlington (March 14), Phoenix (March 16), and Reston (March 20), so learn more and register now!
Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, April 10-12
Join the MySQL community at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, California, April 10-12. The conference features an outstanding lineup of breakout session speakers with more than 60 speakers delivering 72 sessions over two days. In addition, speakers from HP, Facebook, Box, Eucalyptus Systems, and Percona will deliver keynote addresses covering topics including MySQL in the enterprise and MySQL in the cloud.
An optional day of MySQL tutorials is available prior to the conference. Top MySQL experts will offer 16 tutorial sessions covering a range of technical topics. Join the MySQL community at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and the Santa Clara Convention Center for this enriching event. Early Bird pricing is available until March 18. As a special bonus, register before March 1 using promotion code PL-Book and receive Early Bird pricing plus receive a complimentary copy of the upcoming book High Performance MySQL, 3rd Edition, a $49.99 value.
aiCache Increases the Speed Scale and Stability of Your Web-site
$100 dollars to yack with me about scaling your website for 20 minutes.
If you run an HTTP based Dynamic Application with more than 3 web servers, we think we have the greatest thing since sliced bread.
We believe we can scale your site 3x to 30x without changing your architecture and...
We giving you more stable performance and the industries best real-time reporting.
Scenario Number One (most likely to occur): You’ll say “HOLY CRAP, THIS IS AMAZING. I’M GOING TO TRIAL IT.”
...And then we’ll expect you to schedule some time for a proof of concept with our engineers. You might even want to buy us out right. Who knows?
Scenario Number Two (unlikely): You’ll say, “You know man ...this isn’t as cool as I was hoping it would be.”
In the unlikely event that scenario number two occurs,
I Will Send You $100.00 By PayPal
As Soon As You Hang Up The Phone
That’s how confident I am that what have really is the missing “Secret Sauce”.
You’re either totally pleased or I give you back $100.
See? If you meet the criteria I just gave you, you can’t lose.
And I’m pretty damn sure this is going to knock your socks off, so...
Here’s What I Want You To Do Next
Book an appointment to speak
ElasticHosts Launches across North America
ElasticHosts cloud server hosting launched across North America this month, adding data centers in Los Angeles and Toronto to existing locations in London and San Antonio.
- 5 data centers. Across US, Canada and UK
- Award-winning cloud servers. Best Cloud Service winners
- Fully flexible scaling. Not just fixed instance sizes
- Free trial. Just visit our website
Red 5 Studios. Wanted: DBAs and Programmers interested in MySQL scalability and replication
In video games, we've got some really tough technical challenges with scalability. The last project I launched, World of Warcraft, had its share of growing pains. This time around, after founding Red 5 Studios, I wanted to do things differently, using open source DB's like MySQL and modern web techniques pioneered at places like 37 signals, Twitter and more.
We're trying to change the game industry once more, but making top quality, AAA games and giving them away for free. We want to compete on fun and innovation instead of marketing and box distribution and sequel-itis. We've also moved away from proprietary hardware and data centers in favor of white box specs and the cloud.
We've been building some really cool tech to do this, and hope to share it with other developers in time. But we need help. We need a database fanatic who wants to try new and daring things, replicating MySQL databases across vast distances, and finding new ways to scale databases by using some of the theory and knowledge found on this very website.
If interested, please see us here: http://www.red5studios.com/2011/11/senior-mysql-dba/. If you'd like to find out more about our game, Firefall, look here: www.firefallthegame.com
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
New Relic - Real User Monitoring Optimize for Humans
Real-time visibility into: Gain valuable, real-time insight into browser response time Measure user satisfaction (Apdex) from both end-user and app perspectives Determine if bottlenecks are located in front end, the app, or connected systems.
Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
ScaleOut StateServer® Delivers Map/Reduce Analysis and Scalable Application Performance
Using distributed data grids on high demand Web sites has become a common practice to provide scalability and high availability, but did you know that a distributed in-memory data grid such as ScaleOut StateServer® can be used to analyze in-memory data in near real-time?
The map/reduce development model has recently grown in popularity as open source solutions such as Hadoop have captured media attention. While popular for very large datasets, Hadoop uses a file system for storage, slowing down performance – and it can be hard to use. ScaleOut StateServer’s in-memory data grids do fully parallel map/reduce exceptionally fast by performing all operations on data stored in memory, avoiding I/O bottlenecks inherent in disk-based storage. With ScaleOut StateServer, data is analyzed in place reducing network traffic and simplifying development time by automatically pushing the user’s computational logic to every node in the grid. With integrated APIs that enable on-demand analytics, long computational runs are over. You don’t even need parallel programming skills.
ScaleOut StateServer is compatible with all major platforms and languages making it a highly adaptable development solution. You can even seamlessly migrate your on-premise data grid to and from the cloud for additional scalability.
Gain competitive advantage with rapid access to business intelligence. Learn more about ScaleOut StateServer® and download a free evaluation trial today.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
Utility style high performance cloud servers in the US and Europe delivered on all 10GigE networking. Run any OS, take advantage of SSD storage and tailored infrastructure options.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .