Sponsored Post: Nokia, Oracle, Percona Live, AiCache, ElasticHosts, Logic Monitor, Attribution Modeling, New Relic, AppDynamics, CloudSigma, ManageEngine, Site24x
- Nokia's Cloud Computing, Operations and Development Group is hiring! Check out: http://devops.nokia.com. CCOD designs, builds, manages and scales Nokia’s cloud computing.
- ConnecTV is a start up looking for a DevOps & System Administration Leader to help build a revolutionary new social network to enrich the experience of watching TV. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- The Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo features 60+ speakers, 72 breakout sessions, and keynotes from HP, Facebook, Box, Eucalyptus Systems, and more. April 10-12 in Santa Clara
- Sign up for this free 30-minute webinar exploring how new technology can determine which ads have been seen by users and will discuss the C3 Metrics Labs analysis of over 2 billion impressions.
Cool Products and Services
- Join the MySQL experts from Oracle to learn Oracle's strategy for MySQL as well as the latest product development and features. So learn more and register now!
- aiCache creates a better user experience by increasing the speed scale and stability of your web-site. Test aicache acceleration for free. No sign-up required. http://deploy.aicache.com
- ElasticHosts award winning cloud server hosting launches across North America. Adding data centers in Los Angeles and Toronto. Free trial.
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- New Relic - real user monitoring optimize for humans, not bots. Live application stats, SQL/NoSQL performance, web transactions, proactive notifications. Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- CloudSigma. Utility style high performance cloud servers in the US and Europe delivered on all 10GigE networking. Run any OS, take advantage of SSD storage and tailored infrastructure options.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponsor, please read more below...
Nokia's Cloud Computing, Operations and Development Group is hiring!
Nokia's Cloud Computing, Operations and Development Group is hiring! Check out: http://devops.nokia.com. CCOD designs, builds, manages and scales Nokia’s cloud computing operations and service delivery infrastructure. Additional information also in our CCOD LinkedIn group.
ConnecTV is Hiring a DevOps & System Administration Leader
ConnecTV is a start up building a revolutionary new social network to enrich the experience of watching TV. We are looking for a brilliant and experienced developer and senior system administrator to form the heart of our nascent operations team. ConnecTV is small, and the operations team even smaller. The person who occupies this position will wield enormous power to set direction for our operational platform and processes.
The ideal candidate will have impeccable experience administering linux systems and networks, automating operations processes, building significant custom tools in languages like python, perl, ruby or others and building and managing large-scale web services on both physical hardware and AWS. They will be up to speed on the latest open source tools and industry best practices. They should have an opinion, and be able to articulate and defend it. But beyond technical toolbox, we seek primarily a candidate with a desire to learn, a track record of doing so, and an ability to teach others what they know.
This is a full-time position with benefits, bonus, stock options, free secure parking and good access to public transportation. Here is the url to apply: http://connectv.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=857097
Calls or emails are welcome from serious applicants: Tiffany Felicienne 51O-813-O913 / tiffany at connectv dot com
Join the MySQL experts from Oracle to learn Oracle's strategy for MySQL
Join the MySQL experts from Oracle to learn Oracle's strategy for MySQL as well as the latest product development and features. MySQL is world's most popular open-source database, powering high-volume websites, business-critical systems and packaged software. In March we feature the MySQL Tech Tour events in Colorado Spring (March 12), San Diego (March 14), Burlington (March 14), Phoenix (March 16), and Reston (March 20), so learn more and register now!
Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, April 10-12
Join the MySQL community at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, California, April 10-12. The conference features an outstanding lineup of breakout session speakers with more than 60 speakers delivering 72 sessions over two days. In addition, speakers from HP, Facebook, Box, Eucalyptus Systems, and Percona will deliver keynote addresses covering topics including MySQL in the enterprise and MySQL in the cloud.
An optional day of MySQL tutorials is available prior to the conference. Top MySQL experts will offer 16 tutorial sessions covering a range of technical topics. Join the MySQL community at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and the Santa Clara Convention Center for this enriching event. Early Bird pricing is available until March 18. As a special bonus, register before March 1 using promotion code PL-Book and receive Early Bird pricing plus receive a complimentary copy of the upcoming book High Performance MySQL, 3rd Edition, a $49.99 value.
Test aicache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged.
ElasticHosts Launches across North America
ElasticHosts cloud server hosting launched across North America this month, adding data centers in Los Angeles and Toronto to existing locations in London and San Antonio.
- 5 data centers. Across US, Canada and UK
- Award-winning cloud servers. Best Cloud Service winners
- Fully flexible scaling. Not just fixed instance sizes
- Free trial. Just visit our website
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
New Relic - Real User Monitoring Optimize for Humans
Real-time visibility into: Gain valuable, real-time insight into browser response time Measure user satisfaction (Apdex) from both end-user and app perspectives Determine if bottlenecks are located in front end, the app, or connected systems.
Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
Attribution Modeling + Are Your Ads Seen
Tuesday, December 6th 1 - 1:30 PM EST
If you do any level of Display Adverting, you may be wondering:
- Are my ads actually being seen?
- What's a viewable impression?
- Do iFrames matter?
- How do we use this data intelligently?
The fact is, the IAB has issued recommendations that will redefine an impression and totally changes the game. Seen ad impressions will change more than 50% of all of your metrics, including Attribution. Knowing how to answer these questions can result in significant improvements in online advertising performance and puts you ahead of the rest of your coworkers.
This free 30-minute webinar will explore how new technology can determine which ads have been seen by users and will discuss the results of the C3 Metrics Labs analysis of over 2 billion impressions in Q4.
Sign up at http://www.attributionmodeling.com
ScaleOut StateServer® Delivers Map/Reduce Analysis and Scalable Application Performance
Using distributed data grids on high demand Web sites has become a common practice to provide scalability and high availability, but did you know that a distributed in-memory data grid such as ScaleOut StateServer® can be used to analyze in-memory data in near real-time?
The map/reduce development model has recently grown in popularity as open source solutions such as Hadoop have captured media attention. While popular for very large datasets, Hadoop uses a file system for storage, slowing down performance – and it can be hard to use. ScaleOut StateServer’s in-memory data grids do fully parallel map/reduce exceptionally fast by performing all operations on data stored in memory, avoiding I/O bottlenecks inherent in disk-based storage. With ScaleOut StateServer, data is analyzed in place reducing network traffic and simplifying development time by automatically pushing the user’s computational logic to every node in the grid. With integrated APIs that enable on-demand analytics, long computational runs are over. You don’t even need parallel programming skills.
ScaleOut StateServer is compatible with all major platforms and languages making it a highly adaptable development solution. You can even seamlessly migrate your on-premise data grid to and from the cloud for additional scalability.
Gain competitive advantage with rapid access to business intelligence. Learn more about ScaleOut StateServer® and download a free evaluation trial today.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
Utility style high performance cloud servers in the US and Europe delivered on all 10GigE networking. Run any OS, take advantage of SSD storage and tailored infrastructure options.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .