Sponsored Post: New Relic, Digital Ocean, NetDNA, Torbit, Reality Check Network, Gigaspaces, AiCache, Logic Monitor, AppDynamics, CloudSigma, ManageEnine, Site24x7
Fun and Informative Events
- GigaSpaces Upcoming Events: webinar on Transactional Cross-Site Data Replication, CloudCamp lightning talk, A Groovy Kind of Java, Cloud Computing World Forum, QCon.
Cool Products and Services
- New Relic - real user monitoring optimize for humans, not bots. Live application stats, SQL/NoSQL performance, web transactions, proactive notifications. Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
- NetDNA, a Tier-1 GlobalContent Delivery Network, offers a Dual-CDN strategy which allows companies to utilize a redundant infrastructure while leveraging the advantages of multiple CDNs to reduce costs.
- Digital Ocean is a Simple Cloud Hosting platform that offers Free Unlimited Bandwidth and Virtual Servers from $10 per month. Sign up for free and set-up your virtual server in 60 seconds or less.
- Reality Check Network offers powerful hosting solutions and managed servers for high traffic/bandwidth websites backed by unlimited network, server and application support.
- aiCache creates a better user experience by increasing the speed scale and stability of your web-site. Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required. http://aicache.com/deploy
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- CloudSigma. Utility style high performance cloud servers in the US and Europe delivered on all 10GigE networking. Run any OS, take advantage of SSD storage and tailored infrastructure options.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
For a longer description of each sponsor, please read more below...
New Relic - Real User Monitoring Optimize for Humans
Real-time visibility into: Gain valuable, real-time insight into browser response time Measure user satisfaction (Apdex) from both end-user and app perspectives Determine if bottlenecks are located in front end, the app, or connected systems.
Take 2 minutes to sign up for a free trial.
Don't Worry About Scaling Your Website or Over Spending for Hosting
Cloud Hosting is a fairly recent phenomenon, but one that has made a huge impact. Before cloud storage, website owners, among all their other responsibilities, had to take keep their servers in good physical condition, carefully plan for any spikes in traffic, and pay a high cost for all of the hardware that kept their sites running. Scaling required careful planning and preparation.
The flexibility and power of cloud storage has eliminated these problems. Sites in the cloud can quickly manage any traffic fluctuations, and all of these processes are done at a much lower cost than ever before.
With the advantages and flexibility offered by cloud storage, the question is often not so much what type of storage to choose but which provider.
Digital Ocean, a New York based cloud hosting company, is dedicated to offering easy, fast, and affordable cloud storage. A customer can spin up a cloud server (aka a droplet) in under 60 seconds—the interface is fast and simple. Then, when the website's needs change, the user can expand or shrink their droplet within minutes. Scaling becomes quick and easy.
NetDNA's Dual-CDN Strategy
We all know that using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) can help scale your websites growth and deliverability of your online properties. Now that there is reliance for online enterprise companies to use a CDN, companies need safe-guards to ensure 100% up-time and increased scalability of their site. NetDNA, a Tier-1 GlobalContent Delivery Network, offers a Dual-CDN strategy which allows companies to utilize a redundant infrastructure while leveraging the advantages of multiple content delivery networks which in most cases reduces costs.
Many successful companies have been implementing a Dual-CDN Strategy that have not only saved them up to 50% in costs, but also increased the scalability of their site and the reliability in global up-time. To find out more about how you can leverage NetDNA's Dual CDN Strategy please visit NetDNA here: http://www.netdna.com/why-netdna/dual-cdn-strategy/ and learn more about how other successful companies use load balancing to achieve a high scaling website.
Torbit is Hiring!
How to Manage and Scale a Website that Generates 200 Million Unique Pageviews Per Month
- 8 Database Servers
- 9 search servers
- 11 cache servers
- 23 app/web servers
- 17 encoding servers converting videos to H.264 for streaming and scrolling playback
- Half a Petabyte of Storage growing at 700GBs a day
- 25 Ad Servers delivering 20 Billion monthly impressions
- Nginx and Lighttpd web servers
- Memcache for caching
- MySQL with Slave replication for splitting READ and WRITEs
- Thin Application - Each subset of the application resides on a different set of servers allowing separate systems to fail without taking down the site - such as comments can be broken, search can be broken, media can be broken, but the website still loads
Catch Upcoming Events
WEBINAR: Join us for our webinar on Transactional Cross-Site Data Replication on June 20th, register here.
MEETUPS: Catch our VP R&D Guy Korland give a lightning talk at CloudCamp next week, as well as a session at the JavaSIG NY on A Groovy Kind of Java.
INDUSTRY EVENTS: Catch Nati Shalom, GigaSpaces CTO at the Cloud Computing World Forum, and Uri Cohen our VP Product Management at QCon NY.
For more information on all of our events visit blog.gigaspaces.com.
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged.
ElasticHosts Launches across North America
ElasticHosts cloud server hosting launched across North America this month, adding data centers in Los Angeles and Toronto to existing locations in London and San Antonio.
- 5 data centers. Across US, Canada and UK
- Award-winning cloud servers. Best Cloud Service winners
- Fully flexible scaling. Not just fixed instance sizes
- Free trial. Just visit our website
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
ScaleOut StateServer® Delivers Map/Reduce Analysis and Scalable Application Performance
Using distributed data grids on high demand Web sites has become a common practice to provide scalability and high availability, but did you know that a distributed in-memory data grid such as ScaleOut StateServer® can be used to analyze in-memory data in near real-time?
The map/reduce development model has recently grown in popularity as open source solutions such as Hadoop have captured media attention. While popular for very large datasets, Hadoop uses a file system for storage, slowing down performance – and it can be hard to use. ScaleOut StateServer’s in-memory data grids do fully parallel map/reduce exceptionally fast by performing all operations on data stored in memory, avoiding I/O bottlenecks inherent in disk-based storage. With ScaleOut StateServer, data is analyzed in place reducing network traffic and simplifying development time by automatically pushing the user’s computational logic to every node in the grid. With integrated APIs that enable on-demand analytics, long computational runs are over. You don’t even need parallel programming skills.
ScaleOut StateServer is compatible with all major platforms and languages making it a highly adaptable development solution. You can even seamlessly migrate your on-premise data grid to and from the cloud for additional scalability.
Gain competitive advantage with rapid access to business intelligence. Learn more about ScaleOut StateServer® and download a free evaluation trial today.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
Utility style high performance cloud servers in the US and Europe delivered on all 10GigE networking. Run any OS, take advantage of SSD storage and tailored infrastructure options.
- Instantly Scalable European Cloud Servers. Create virtual servers in the cloud that are fully scalable and adaptive. Control your servers via our web console or API. CloudSigma gives more power and control over your server infrastructure.
- Keep control, increase scalability. Subscribe for capacity or pay as you go; with CloudSigma we give you the power and control you need.
- Competitive Innovative Pricing. Discover transparent pricing and a flexible billing model. Purchase what you need when you need it without resource bundling. We let you purchase CPU, RAM, Storage and bandwidth independently. Create your perfect combination that’s right for you.
- 14-day Free Trial. Try our cloud computing products free.
More information at CloudSigma.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .