Sponsored Post: Spokeo, Klout, Apple, NuoDB, ScaleOut, MongoDB, BlueStripe, AiScaler, Aerospike, New Relic, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple is hiring for multiple positions. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
- Quality Assurance Engineer. The iOS Systems team is looking for a Quality Assurance engineer. In this role you will be expected to work hand-in-hand with the software engineering team to find and diagnose software defects. Please apply here.
- Sr Software Engineer iPhone. Do you love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Does the idea of a fast-paced environment make your heart leap? Do you want your technical abilities to be challenged every day, and for your work to make a difference in the lives of millions of people? Please apply here.
- Sr. Software Engineer. You will primarily work with the domain team including project managers and engineers, as well as a large team of consultants in California and India. You will also work with many cross-functional and infrastructural teams during software delivery life cycle. Assignments can include design, delivery and oversight of incremental functionality, as well as a multi-year re-architecture of a complex in-flight application. Please apply here.
- Enterprise Software Engineer. Ability to develop detailed design and deliver a scalable implementation. Hands-on development of new code and/or managing existing code as part of a group and/or alone. Evaluating products including open-source modules and if need be incorporating them into projects. Should be able to lead a small group of developers to develop and maintain systems. Please apply here.
- Spokeo is hiring a Senior Backend Developer. We've spent years agonizing over the best way to construct an elegant, simplistic, yet highly powerful people search engine. Spokeo deals with problems of ginormous scale, so a strong understanding and appreciation for algorithms and efficiency is desired. Please apply here.
- Spokeo is hiring a Senior Software Developer - Web Applications. Build features that involve any of our products, from the universal people search interface and functionality to the construction of family trees to a portal that connects customers to employees and employer data. Please apply here.
- Apply to be a Senior Software Engineer - Platform API at Klout, a fast-growing startup in SF! Implement solutions to service-oriented architecture problems and help engineer systems that serve over 3 billion API calls a day. Apply here: http://grnh.se/o1ynh8
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
- New Relic is looking for a Java Instrumentation Engineer, Java Scalability Engineer, Distributed Systems Engineer and Android app engineer in Portland, OR. Ready to scale a web service with more incoming bits/second than Twitter?
Fun and Informative Events
- Your amazing event here.
Cool Products and Services
- LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting
- NuoDB Blackbirds Release 2.0 Birthday. They grow up so fast these days! What people love about NuoDB is that it’s stable, always there for you and its flexible. Which is why it’s winning all kinds of popularity competitions, from “Most Likely to Succeed” through “Least Likely To Fall Over Sharding” to “Most Likely to Be ACID Compliant”.
- Rapidly Develop Hadoop MapReduce Code. With ScaleOut hServer™ you can use a subset of your Hadoop data and run your MapReduce code in seconds for fast code development and you don’t need to load and manage the Hadoop software stack, it's a self-contained Hadoop MapReduce execution environment. To learn more check out www.scaleoutsoftware.com/prototypehadoop/.
- MongoDB Backup Free Usage Tier Announced. We're pleased to introduce the free usage tier to MongoDB Management Service (MMS). MMS Backup provides point-in-time recovery for replica sets and consistent snapshots for sharded systems with minimal performance impact. Start backing up today at mms.mongodb.com.
- BlueStripe FactFinder Express is the ultimate tool for server monitoring and solving performance problems. Monitor URL response times and see if the problem is the application, a back-end call, a disk, or OS resources.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems 2013. Gartner has published the 2013 Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems and recognized Aerospike in the Visionaries Quadrant. The report examines the key capabilities of information management for transaction processing.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
Spokeo is hiring a Senior Backend Developer
On the Spokeo backend, engineers get a chance to work with very large data sets, with hundreds of millions of records each. Not only that, but we're collecting data from a wide range of public sources, so merging, organizing, and querying these data sets becomes a major challenge. Needless to say, Spokeo deals with problems of ginormous scale, so a strong understanding and appreciation for algorithms and efficiency is desired. These are tasks that you generally won't see on a day-to-day basis, so get excited.
Please apply here.
Spokeo is hiring a Senior Software Developer - Web Applications
Web app developers will be responsible for building features based on product specs from product managers and/or designers. Those features might involve any of our products, from the universal people search interface and functionality to the construction of family trees to a portal that connects customers to employees and employer data. You will work closely with your team to iterate on these and other features, the end goal being--we hope--a beautiful, usable product that connects people to information without hassle.
Please apply here.
Klout is Looking for Senior Software Engineer
Apply to be a Senior Software Engineer - Platform API at Klout
We’re looking for a software engineer, someone who can both implement elegant solutions to service-oriented architecture problems and lead by example. You’ve architected highly-scalable, distributed systems efficiently using open source tools -- and maybe even contributed to some. You would be a key member of Platform/API core engineering team and engineer systems that serve over 3 Billion API calls a day. If you have RESTful design experience and a strong understanding of databases, schemas, and indexes, we want to hear from you!
Apply here: http://grnh.se/o1ynh8
NuoDB Blackbirds Release 2.0 Birthday
By Nick Booth
I can’t believe that we’re already celebrating a NuoDB 2.0 birthday. They grow up so fast these days! Boy, does that make me feel mature.
Now, I’ve been in the software industry for a long time and from what I’ve seen of my own ‘babies’, I’d say that no two are the same. They all develop in different ways. You have to give them time to take on a life of their own.
There are no certainties when you are bringing new products into the world. Nobody knows what is going to work and what isn’t. As the saying goes, a success has many parents, but failures are always orphans. I doubt if anyone at NASA ever imagined, when those rockets were enjoying congress with the moon, that one of the offspring of those exercises would be a pioneer in the kitchen. But sure enough, the penetration of outer space led to the creation of Teflon. I just wonder who at NASA had the crazy idea of trying to fry an egg on a hot rocket. But they must have and, when their breakfast kept sliding off the non stick surface, they had the presence of mind to make a note of it for later.
Being one of the 21st century’s great ideas, of course, NuoDB Release 2.0 has many parents. Unlike its more insular forebears in RDBMS, this is a database that loves to get around. I’m told they are related, but sometimes I look at traditional SQL based relational data databases and I really can’t see any resemblance at all.
History has been kind to the SQL-based RDBMS, but it was a different world in those days. The old RDBMS was insular and never got out of its comfort zone. Today’s NuoDB loves to be out there spreading itself around the world. It’s got an address table to die for and it’s been in more datacenters than Urs Hoelzle –at the same time.
In that respect, NuoDB is a real multi-tasker. I’m often asked why NuoDB is so helpful, outgoing and gregarious, when its forebear – the SQL RDB - was a pedantic hermit who made Howard Hughes look like Miley Cyrus.
NuoDB has made a unique virtue of its geo-distribution. Unlike its 1980s predecessors it is not afraid to embrace change and is ready to adapt to any circumstances, scaling up and down at will. It is very in touch with its peers – in fact its peer-to-peer messaging gives it great resilience, as it routes tasks to nodes far more successfully than any other technology in its class.
Which is why it’s winning all kinds of popularity competitions, from “Most Likely to Succeed” through “Least Likely To Fall Over Sharding” to “Most Likely to Be ACID Compliant”. It’s from a Gartner Cool Vendor, getting invited to all kinds of projects, while poor old SQL RDB festers in some rusty mainframe.
I think what people love about NuoDB is that it’s stable, always there for you and its flexible.
Now NuoDB Starlings has reached its 2.0 birth day and I’m so proud of all it is going to achieve for everyone. Sob. (You’ll have to excuse me a minute, I’ve got something in my eye)
Rapidly Develop Hadoop MapReduce Code
Hadoop is great for storing and analyzing vast amounts of data. But code development is a problem. With ScaleOut hServer™, you can use a subset of your Hadoop data and run your MapReduce code in seconds for fast code development. Best of all, you don’t need to load and manage the Hadoop software stack - ScaleOut hServer is a self-contained Hadoop MapReduce execution environment. ScaleOut hServer comes in a free community edition for up to four servers and 256GB data sets. To learn more check out www.scaleoutsoftware.com/prototypehadoop.
MongoDB Backup Free Usage Tier Announced
We're pleased to introduce the free usage tier to MongoDB Management Service (MMS). MMS provides free monitoring and premium backup for MongoDB.
What is MMS Backup? MMS Backup provides point-in-time recovery for replica sets and consistent snapshots for sharded systems with minimal performance impact. The backup agent continually reads the oplog and securely transfers the data to MMS so you always have an up-to-date backup.
What is the free tier? During your first 12 months using the service, any monthly bill under $5 is on us. What does $5 get you? It’s roughly enough to back up a 5GB database with 100MB of oplog data per month.
What is it for? You can use the free tier to sample backup for larger, mission critical applications. You can also use MMS during development before your data set grows. And the tier is perfect for side projects that you want to safeguard but don’t have the time to invest in building a backup strategy.
Start backing up today at mms.mongodb.com.
AppDynamics now offers a trial of its fully-featured application performance management product
AppDynamics offers an easy-to-use application performance monitoring solution for Java, .NET and PHP applications running in a live production environment. Companies like Netflix, Orbitz and Edmunds.com use AppDynamics to rapidly identify & troubleshoot root cause in their large, distributed applications.
Try AppDynamics for free with AppDynamics Lite, a free troubleshooting tool for Java & .NET apps, or a free trial of AppDynamics Pro, their fully-featured application performance management solution. Both Lite and a trial version of Pro are available for download from appdynamics.com and take only a few minutes to install. Get the free trial.
Aerospike in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems 2013
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems 2013. Gartner has published the 2013 Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems and recognized Aerospike in the Visionaries Quadrant. The report examines the key capabilities of information management for transaction processing.
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged. http://aiscaler.com/deploy
LogicMonitor is the Cloud-based IT Performance Monitoring Solution
LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting.
New Relic is Hiring
Java Instrumentation Engineer
Here at New Relic, we have a passion for crafting extraordinary and beautiful products that help and inspire people to build modern software.
New Relic is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our world-class Java Agent team. The Java Agent team ensures that New Relic provide the best possible experience for customers running Java, Scala, and other languages on the JVM.
Interested? Click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter
Java Scalability Engineer
Are you ready for the challenges of scaling a web service that's already got more incoming bits/second than Twitter? We're looking for a pragmatic engineer who has built systems that scale for growth.
Interested? Click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter
Distributed Systems Engineer
We are New Relic and we help developers answer the question “why is my app slow?”. Our team is looking for an engineer with experience on the JVM who thrives on a small, collaborative team and wants to build new products that are used and loved by other developers.
Interested? Click on the link below
Android app engineer
Want to create one of best Android apps in the Play Store and work in one of the best engineering companies in Portland and San Francisco? New Relic has the job for you!!
Interested click on the link below
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .