Sponsored Post: Netflix, Logentries, Host Color, Booking, Spokeo, Apple, ScaleOut, MongoDB, BlueStripe, AiScaler, Aerospike, New Relic, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple is hiring for multiple positions. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
- Quality Assurance Engineer. The iOS Systems team is looking for a Quality Assurance engineer. In this role you will be expected to work hand-in-hand with the software engineering team to find and diagnose software defects. Please apply here.
- Sr Software Engineer iPhone. Do you love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Does the idea of a fast-paced environment make your heart leap? Do you want your technical abilities to be challenged every day, and for your work to make a difference in the lives of millions of people? Please apply here.
- Sr Software Engineer. The iOS Systems Team is looking for a Software Engineer to work on operations, tools development and support of worldwide iOS Device sales and activations. Please apply here.
- Sr. Security Software Developer. We are looking for an excellent programmer who's done extensive security programming. This individual will participate in various security projects from the start to the end. In addition to security concepts, it's important to have intricate knowledge of different flavors of Unix operating systems to develop code that's compact and optimal. Familiarity with key exchange protocols, authentication protocols and crypto analysis is a plus. Please apply here.
- The Netflix Cloud Performance Team is hiring. Help tackle the more complex scalability challenges emerging on the cloud today, wrangling tens of thousands of instances, handling billions of requests a day. We are searching for a Senior Performance Architect and a Senior Cloud Performance Tools Engineer.
- We need awesome people @ Booking.com - We want YOU! Come design next
generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases. Apply: http://www.booking.com/jobs.en-us.html
- Spokeo is hiring a Senior Backend Developer. We've spent years agonizing over the best way to construct an elegant, simplistic, yet highly powerful people search engine. Spokeo deals with problems of ginormous scale, so a strong understanding and appreciation for algorithms and efficiency is desired. Please apply here.
- Spokeo is hiring a Senior Software Developer - Web Applications. Build features that involve any of our products, from the universal people search interface and functionality to the construction of family trees to a portal that connects customers to employees and employer data. Please apply here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
- New Relic is looking for a Java Instrumentation Engineer, Java Scalability Engineer, Distributed Systems Engineer and Android app engineer in Portland, OR. Ready to scale a web service with more incoming bits/second than Twitter?
Fun and Informative Events
- Your amazing event here.
Cool Products and Services
- Log management made easy with Logentries. Billions of log events analyzed every day to unlock insights from the log data the matters to you. Simply powerful search, tagging, alerts, live tail and more for all of your log data. Automated AWS log collection and analytics, including CloudWatch events.
- Why choose Host Color for your webhosting needs? Redundant network, 100% Uptime SLA guarantee. Excellent location and high class data center. Powerful resource-rich, server systems. 24/7 Support - responsive, friendly and knowledgeable. Scalable, fairly priced, risk-free and hosting service.
- LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting
- Rapidly Develop Hadoop MapReduce Code. With ScaleOut hServer™ you can use a subset of your Hadoop data and run your MapReduce code in seconds for fast code development and you don’t need to load and manage the Hadoop software stack, it's a self-contained Hadoop MapReduce execution environment. To learn more check out www.scaleoutsoftware.com/prototypehadoop/.
- MongoDB Backup Free Usage Tier Announced. We're pleased to introduce the free usage tier to MongoDB Management Service (MMS). MMS Backup provides point-in-time recovery for replica sets and consistent snapshots for sharded systems with minimal performance impact. Start backing up today at mms.mongodb.com.
- BlueStripe FactFinder Express is the ultimate tool for server monitoring and solving performance problems. Monitor URL response times and see if the problem is the application, a back-end call, a disk, or OS resources.
- Aerospike Capacity Planning Kit. Download the Capacity Planning Kit to determine your database storage capacity and node requirements. The kit includes a step-by-step Capacity Planning Guide and a Planning worksheet. Free download.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
The Netflix Cloud Performance Team is Hiring
The Netflix Cloud Performance Team is hiring. Come to Netflix and tackle the more complex scalability challenges emerging on the cloud today, concurrently helping us change the future of television. Optimizing autoscaling, tuning distributed service interactions, and improving per-instance service throughput are just a few of the activities we undertake.
Senior Performance Architect: Drive cloud performance and scalability optimizations across the Netflix service ecosystem. Your performance expertise will bring value to internal engagements and drive identification of unique optimization opportunities. Find details on the position here: http://jobs.netflix.com/jobs.php?id=NFX00812
Senior Cloud Performance Tools Engineer: You will build and extend our applications which provide valuable insight into the performance, scalability, and efficiency characteristics of our massive cloud infrastructure. Find details on the position here: http://jobs.netflix.com/jobs.php?id=NFX01023
We need awesome people @ Booking.com - We want YOU!
The colors of the buttons matter. The speed of your queries matter. The run time of your request matters. And you want to measure it all. We want exceptional people like you to come design next generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases in the world.
Our diverse, international team of UX Designers, System Administrators and Perl Hackers here in Amsterdam, Netherlands needs your talents. Booking.com will offer you a competitive salary with bonuses, extensive relocation package and great opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company.
Apply online: http://www.booking.com/jobs.en-us.html?st=list
Spokeo is hiring a Senior Backend Developer
On the Spokeo backend, engineers get a chance to work with very large data sets, with hundreds of millions of records each. Not only that, but we're collecting data from a wide range of public sources, so merging, organizing, and querying these data sets becomes a major challenge. Needless to say, Spokeo deals with problems of ginormous scale, so a strong understanding and appreciation for algorithms and efficiency is desired. These are tasks that you generally won't see on a day-to-day basis, so get excited.
Please apply here.
Spokeo is hiring a Senior Software Developer - Web Applications
Web app developers will be responsible for building features based on product specs from product managers and/or designers. Those features might involve any of our products, from the universal people search interface and functionality to the construction of family trees to a portal that connects customers to employees and employer data. You will work closely with your team to iterate on these and other features, the end goal being--we hope--a beautiful, usable product that connects people to information without hassle.
Please apply here.
Rapidly Develop Hadoop MapReduce Code
Hadoop is great for storing and analyzing vast amounts of data. But code development is a problem. With ScaleOut hServer™, you can use a subset of your Hadoop data and run your MapReduce code in seconds for fast code development. Best of all, you don’t need to load and manage the Hadoop software stack - ScaleOut hServer is a self-contained Hadoop MapReduce execution environment. ScaleOut hServer comes in a free community edition for up to four servers and 256GB data sets. To learn more check out www.scaleoutsoftware.com/prototypehadoop.
MongoDB Backup Free Usage Tier Announced
We're pleased to introduce the free usage tier to MongoDB Management Service (MMS). MMS provides free monitoring and premium backup for MongoDB.
What is MMS Backup? MMS Backup provides point-in-time recovery for replica sets and consistent snapshots for sharded systems with minimal performance impact. The backup agent continually reads the oplog and securely transfers the data to MMS so you always have an up-to-date backup.
What is the free tier? During your first 12 months using the service, any monthly bill under $5 is on us. What does $5 get you? It’s roughly enough to back up a 5GB database with 100MB of oplog data per month.
What is it for? You can use the free tier to sample backup for larger, mission critical applications. You can also use MMS during development before your data set grows. And the tier is perfect for side projects that you want to safeguard but don’t have the time to invest in building a backup strategy.
Start backing up today at mms.mongodb.com.
AppDynamics now offers a trial of its fully-featured application performance management product
AppDynamics offers an easy-to-use application performance monitoring solution for Java, .NET and PHP applications running in a live production environment. Companies like Netflix, Orbitz and Edmunds.com use AppDynamics to rapidly identify & troubleshoot root cause in their large, distributed applications.
Try AppDynamics for free with AppDynamics Lite, a free troubleshooting tool for Java & .NET apps, or a free trial of AppDynamics Pro, their fully-featured application performance management solution. Both Lite and a trial version of Pro are available for download from appdynamics.com and take only a few minutes to install. Get the free trial.
Aerospike Capacity Planning Kit
Download the Capacity Planning Kit to determine your database storage capacity and node requirements. The kit includes a step-by-step Capacity Planning Guide and a Planning worksheet.
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged. http://aiscaler.com/deploy
LogicMonitor is the Cloud-based IT Performance Monitoring Solution
LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting.
New Relic is Hiring
Java Instrumentation Engineer
Here at New Relic, we have a passion for crafting extraordinary and beautiful products that help and inspire people to build modern software.
New Relic is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our world-class Java Agent team. The Java Agent team ensures that New Relic provide the best possible experience for customers running Java, Scala, and other languages on the JVM.
Interested? Click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter
Java Scalability Engineer
Are you ready for the challenges of scaling a web service that's already got more incoming bits/second than Twitter? We're looking for a pragmatic engineer who has built systems that scale for growth.
Interested? Click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter
Distributed Systems Engineer
We are New Relic and we help developers answer the question “why is my app slow?”. Our team is looking for an engineer with experience on the JVM who thrives on a small, collaborative team and wants to build new products that are used and loved by other developers.
Interested? Click on the link below
Android app engineer
Want to create one of best Android apps in the Play Store and work in one of the best engineering companies in Portland and San Francisco? New Relic has the job for you!!
Interested click on the link below
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .