Sponsored Post: OLO, Amazon, Zoosk, aiCache, Teradata Aster, Aerospike, Percona, ScaleOut, New Relic, Logic Monitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- OLO's food ordering platform powers some of the largest restaurant chains and feeds millions of consumers. We're looking for Senior C# Software Engineers and DevOps Engineers to help us scale our system. Apply here.
- The AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) automates management of relational databases in the cloud. We have a wide variety of customers and are part of many mission-critical applications, like the ones built by the 2012 Obama re-election campaign. If you're interested in joining a fast-growing service and team, please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Hiring! Director of Site Operations at Zoosk. We’re looking for an innovator. Someone who wants to take site operations along with a smart team of Sys Admins to the next level. This is a very hands-on leadership role in a high-availability production environment. Full details here.
- Teradata Aster is looking for Distributed Systems, Analytic Applications, and Performance Architects. As a member of the Architecture Group you will help define the technical roadmap for the product.
- The New York Times is seeking a developer focused on infrastructure to join its newsroom development team. Read the full description here and send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR. Ready to scale a web service with more incoming bits/second than Twitter? http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
- Aerospike is Hiring! You dream in C - and like it? Then join us as a Senior Distributed Systems Engineer or Client / Application Engineer. People covent your bag of tricks for troubleshooting systems and network issues? Join our Operations and QA team. See if these positions are a fit for you!
Fun and Informative Events
- It's back! Join the MySQL Community at the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, April 22-25. This year's conference features an outstanding lineup of 92 speakers delivering 112 breakout sessions over three days!
Cool Products and Services
- aiCache creates a better user experience by increasing the speed scale and stability of your web-site. Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required. http://aicache.com/deploy
- New Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x Faster than the Competition. Thumbtack Technology YCSB Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 20x faster than Cassandra, Couchbase and Mongodb. Read it now!
- ScaleOut Software. In-Memory Data Grids for the Enterprise. Download a Free Trial.
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
OLO is Hiring C# Engineers
OLO's food ordering platform powers some of the largest restaurant chains and feeds millions of consumers. We're looking for Senior C# Software Engineers and DevOps Engineers to help us scale our system. Apply here.
Aerospike is Hiring!
You dream in C - and like it? Then join us as a Senior Distributed Systems Engineer or Client / Application Engineer. People covent your bag of tricks for troubleshooting systems and network issues? Join our Operations and QA team. See if these positions are a fit for you!
Amazing is Hiring for Relational Database Service (RDS)
AWS Relational Database Service is one of the fastest-growing AWS businesses, providing automated relational database management in the cloud. Customers can set up a new database with just a few clicks, and complex administrative tasks like scaling, fail-over, and monitoring are all automatically handled by our control systems. Providing such simplified management for customers comes with the challenge of building sophisticated and reliable control systems. The RDS team addresses these challenges by developing services that reflect the latest advances in high availability, data dissemination and replication, load balancing, autonomous management, and repair.
The systems we build manage huge numbers of databases and vast amounts of storage across multiple regions world-wide, and our service is growing rapidly, requiring constant innovations in our systems in order to handle the next order of magnitude in service scale. We build lots of different kinds of systems, like high-performance OLTP components; partitioned in-memory stores; large-scale, high-throughput workflow services; etc. We work all the way up and down the stack, from kernel-level modules to UX components, using a wide array of technologies, ranging from the various database engines we support (MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle currently) to several AWS services (like EBS and EC2) and many open-source components.
We are looking for developers who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are eager to learn new things, and are excited by the notion of working on large-scale, extremely complicated distributed systems. If this sounds like you, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Hiring! Director of Site Operations at Zoosk
Zoosk in San Francisco, CA is hiring for a Director of Site Operations. If being part of a top consumer property that has innovative technology and smart engineering at its core is important to you, then the team at Zoosk wants to meet you. Zoosk just ranked #36 in the 2012 Digital 100 - The World’s Most Valuable Private Tech Companies.
We’re looking for an innovator. Someone who wants to take site operations along with a smart team of Sys Admins to the next level. This is a very hands-on leadership role in a high-availability production environment.
Are you ready to push the boundaries of technology driving site operations?
Full details @ https://www.zoosk.com/careers/positions?jvi=oaUKWfwu,Job
New Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x Faster than the Competition
Thumbtack Technology YCSB Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 20x faster than Cassandra, Couchbase and Mongodb for consumer-facing applications that require extremely high throughput and low latency, and whose information can be represented using a Key-Value schema. Read it now!
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged. http://aicache.com/deploy
Teradata Aster Looking for Big Data Architects
Teradata Aster (a division of Teradata Corporation) is a proven leader in Big Data management and analysis for data-driven applications. Teradata Aster’s nCluster is the first MPP architecture that enables both SQL and Map-Reduce programs to be run natively as first-class citizens in parallel. The combination of SQL and Map-Reduce allows analytic applications to be fully embedded within the storage and computation engine to enable ultra-fast, deep analysis of massive data sets.
Teradata Aster's unique “applications-within™” approach allows application logic to exist and execute with the data itself. Termed a “Massively Parallel Data-Application Server,” Teradata Aster’s solution effectively uses Aster’s patent-pending SQL-MapReduce with parallelized data processing and applications to address the Big Data challenge.
The Teradata Aster has openings in the Architecture Group for a Distributed Systems Architect https://teradata.taleo.net/careersection/prof/jobdetail.ftl?job=148985&src=JB-10460 , Performance Architect https://teradata.taleo.net/careersection/prof/jobdetail.ftl?job=148984&src=JB-10460, and Analytics Applications Architect https://teradata.taleo.net/careersection/prof/jobdetail.ftl?job=148200&src=JB-10460. As a member of the Architecture Group you will help define the technical roadmap for the product, will influence the specification and design of major features, and will be a hands-on contributor to engineering efforts. Architect responsibilities also include leading customer and partner enablement efforts, mentoring engineers, and evangelizing our market leading technology at conferences and other venues.
The New York Times: Looking for Full-Time Infrastructure Developer
The New York Times is seeking a developer focused on infrastructure to join its newsroom development team. You will work with a small group to design and build the foundation of increasingly dynamic news applications used by millions of readers. Opportunities include breaking news, investigations and events such as the Olympics and elections.
Interested applicants should read the full description http://jobs.nytco.com/job/New-York-Interactive-News-Developer-Job-NY/2123052/ and send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, April 22-25
It's back! Join the MySQL Community at the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, April 22-25. This year's conference features an outstanding lineup of 92 speakers delivering 112 breakout sessions over three days! In addition, an optional day of MySQL tutorials is available prior to the conference, where MySQL experts will offer 16 sessions covering a range of technical topics.
Join the MySQL community at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and the Santa Clara Convention Center for this enriching event. Early Bird pricing is available until February 24th. As a special bonus, register using promotion code "HighPerformance" and receive $75.00 off of your registration!
ScaleOut Software. In-memorry Data Grids for the Enterprise
Our in-memory data grid combines distributed caching with powerful map/reduce analytics and management tools to give you a complete solution for managing and analyzing fast-changing data in a server farm, compute grid, or in the cloud. ScaleOut Software's suite of software products eliminates scalability bottlenecks by storing fast-changing operational data in a memory-based grid spanning multiple servers. Built-in analytics can continuously evaluate your data to spot issues or opportunities.
New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR
What tools would you use? We build our data collectors with Java and MySQL, on a fairly typical web stack that handles 50+ billion incoming rows per day. We use Thrift, memcached, git, and Jenkins, with Linux in production and OS X on our desks. Other than that, we expect that you will use the right tool for the job. You'll evaluate technology choices with clear vision. You'll learn every day about what works and what doesn't by monitoring, evaluating, and continuously delivering your work to customers.
Apply at http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .