Sponsored Post: Rackspace, Simple, Fitbit, Amazon, Booking, aiCache, Aerospike, Percona, ScaleOut, New Relic, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- LogicMonitor is looking for a Front End developer to have a huge impact, be valued, realize their dreams, and help us realize ours. We are looking for someone to own the code that delivers the design and usability of LogicMonitor's enterprise SaaS application(s). Please apply online.
- We need awesome people @ Booking.com - We want YOU! Come design next generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases. Please apply online.
- Help build the platform that powers a better, fairer banking experience at Simple. Join a talented team that chooses its own tools; works across web, Android, iOS, and Ruby/Scala/Clojure backend apps; and develops a secure and scalable banking service on AWS. Learn more at careers.
- Fitbit is hiring a Site Operations Lead to help us on our mission to make the world a healthier place! Fitbit's wearable fitness devices are worn by people across the world, each syncing with the web site, wirelessly and automatically, every 15 minutes. Join our mission here!
- The AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) automates management of relational databases in the cloud. We have a wide variety of customers and are part of many mission-critical applications, like the ones built by the 2012 Obama re-election campaign. If you're interested in joining a fast-growing service and team, please send your resume to email@example.com.
- New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR. Ready to scale a web service with more incoming bits/second than Twitter? http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
- Aerospike is Hiring! You dream in C - and like it? Then join us as a Senior Distributed Systems Engineer or Client / Application Engineer. People covent your bag of tricks for troubleshooting systems and network issues? Join our Operations and QA team. See if these positions are a fit for you!
Fun and Informative Events
- It's back! Join the MySQL Community at the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, April 22-25. This year's conference features an outstanding lineup of 92 speakers delivering 112 breakout sessions over three days!
Cool Products and Services
- The Rackspace Cloud Application Programming Interface (API) has changed the game allowing customers to easily modify their cloud configuration with just a few lines of code. Read about three of the most popular things that customers do with the Rackspace AP.
- aiCache creates a better user experience by increasing the speed scale and stability of your web-site. Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required. http://aicache.com/deploy
- New Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x Faster than the Competition. Thumbtack Technology YCSB Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x faster than Cassandra, Couchbase and Mongodb. Read it now!
- ScaleOut Software. In-Memory Data Grids for the Enterprise. Download a Free Trial.
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
We Need Awesome People @ Booking.Com - We Want YOU!
The colors of the buttons matter. The speed of your queries matter. The run time of your request matters. And you want to measure it all. We want exceptional people like you to come design next generation interfaces, solve critical scalability problems, and hack on one of the largest Perl codebases in the world.
Our diverse, international team of UX Designers, System Administrators and Perl Hackers here in Amsterdam, Netherlands needs your talents. Booking.com will offer you a competitive salary with bonuses, extensive relocation package and great opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company.
Apply online: http://www.booking.com/jobs.en-us.html?st=list
Simple is hiring operations engineers!
We're doing something new at Simple, and we can't do it without a different kind of operations engineer. You enjoy the challenge of working with complex systems and the art of working with people. Even in a chaotic environment, you're able to tackle tough technical problems. You're as passionate about your work as you are about what you do when your work is done.
You'll develop tools to automate and monitor our infrastructure in the cloud. With the rest of our engineering team, you'll join our oncall rotation and have the opportunity to work across our mobile, web and backend applications. When things go right, you'll play a crucial role in the rapid development and deployment of features that will give our customers new insight into and control over their financial lives. And when things go wrong, you'll help us recover and build even safer services. Apply at Simple Careers.
What The Rackspace Cloud API Can Do For Your Business
The Rackspace Cloud Application Programming Interface (API) has changed the game allowing customers to easily modify their cloud configuration with just a few lines of code. The API is a powerful tool regardless of your level of technical ability.
So what exactly can you do with the Rackspace Cloud API? Anything you can dream up. By stringing together commands, you can have your application dynamically modify your cloud environment in many different ways. Read about three of the most popular things that customers do with the Rackspace API…
Fitbit is Hiring a Site Operations Lead
Fitbit is looking for people with experience scaling web sites; who live and breathe Linux; who understand the value of thorough monitoring; and who believe in our mission.
Our production technology stack includes Linux, MySQL, Puppet, HAProxy, Java, and Python. We use tools like check_mk, graphite and pagerduty to give us insight into the system and produce actionable alerts. We practice a form of scrum, and are quickly closing in on continuous delivery.
As our growth accelerates in 2013, you'll have many opportunities to help us improve our platform:
- More efficiently storing and processing a growing amount of vital customer data
- Providing more insight into the performance of the application and the business * Streamlining our deployment and infrastructure automation
- Planning our capacity needs based on manufacturing and sales projections
- Working closely with developers to prototype, build and deploy new features
Join our mission at http://fitbit.theresumator.com/apply/aIb7jv/Site-Operations-Lead.html
Aerospike is Hiring!
You dream in C - and like it? Then join us as a Senior Distributed Systems Engineer or Client / Application Engineer. People covent your bag of tricks for troubleshooting systems and network issues? Join our Operations and QA team. See if these positions are a fit for you!
Amazing is Hiring for Relational Database Service (RDS)
AWS Relational Database Service is one of the fastest-growing AWS businesses, providing automated relational database management in the cloud. Customers can set up a new database with just a few clicks, and complex administrative tasks like scaling, fail-over, and monitoring are all automatically handled by our control systems. Providing such simplified management for customers comes with the challenge of building sophisticated and reliable control systems. The RDS team addresses these challenges by developing services that reflect the latest advances in high availability, data dissemination and replication, load balancing, autonomous management, and repair.
The systems we build manage huge numbers of databases and vast amounts of storage across multiple regions world-wide, and our service is growing rapidly, requiring constant innovations in our systems in order to handle the next order of magnitude in service scale. We build lots of different kinds of systems, like high-performance OLTP components; partitioned in-memory stores; large-scale, high-throughput workflow services; etc. We work all the way up and down the stack, from kernel-level modules to UX components, using a wide array of technologies, ranging from the various database engines we support (MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle currently) to several AWS services (like EBS and EC2) and many open-source components.
We are looking for developers who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are eager to learn new things, and are excited by the notion of working on large-scale, extremely complicated distributed systems. If this sounds like you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x Faster than the Competition
Thumbtack Technology YCSB Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x faster than Cassandra, Couchbase and Mongodb for consumer-facing applications that require extremely high throughput and low latency, and whose information can be represented using a Key-Value schema. Read it now!
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged. http://aicache.com/deploy
Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, April 22-25
It's back! Join the MySQL Community at the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, April 22-25. This year's conference features an outstanding lineup of 92 speakers delivering 112 breakout sessions over three days! In addition, an optional day of MySQL tutorials is available prior to the conference, where MySQL experts will offer 16 sessions covering a range of technical topics.
Join the MySQL community at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and the Santa Clara Convention Center for this enriching event. Early Bird pricing is available until February 24th. As a special bonus, register using promotion code "HighPerformance" and receive $75.00 off of your registration!
LogicMonitor is Hiring a Front End Engineer
Growing SaaS company seeks Front End Developer for long-lasting and mutually fulfilling relationship! LogicMonitor is looking for a Front End developer to have a huge impact, be valued, realize their dreams, and help us realize ours.
Big talk, but we mean it. LogicMonitor is in an interesting phase of a company's life: we have a great product, thousands of users, rapidly growing revenue - but have never had a dedicated front end engineer. We've realized the error of our ways, and are putting design first. Customers like our product now - can you imagine what impact a great front end developer will have? Can you imagine how much fun it will be to have such an impact?
So what are we looking for? Someone to own the code that delivers the design and usability of LogicMonitor's enterprise SaaS application(s), and ensure they are highly functional, performant, and visually compelling. Someone to lead the implementation to change a product that customers like for its functionality into one they delight in using for its design. Could that someone be you.
Please apply online.
ScaleOut Software. In-memorry Data Grids for the Enterprise
Our in-memory data grid combines distributed caching with powerful map/reduce analytics and management tools to give you a complete solution for managing and analyzing fast-changing data in a server farm, compute grid, or in the cloud. ScaleOut Software's suite of software products eliminates scalability bottlenecks by storing fast-changing operational data in a memory-based grid spanning multiple servers. Built-in analytics can continuously evaluate your data to spot issues or opportunities.
New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR
What tools would you use? We build our data collectors with Java and MySQL, on a fairly typical web stack that handles 50+ billion incoming rows per day. We use Thrift, memcached, git, and Jenkins, with Linux in production and OS X on our desks. Other than that, we expect that you will use the right tool for the job. You'll evaluate technology choices with clear vision. You'll learn every day about what works and what doesn't by monitoring, evaluating, and continuously delivering your work to customers.
Apply at http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .