Sponsored Post: Apple, Two Sigma, Cendea, RAMP, Blurocket, Incapsula, Dow Jones, Surge, Rackspace, aiCache, Aerospike, Percona, ScaleOut, New Relic, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- An exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join Apple's Messaging Services team. We build the cloud systems that power some of the busiest applications in the world. You'll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of technologies, developing the server software that is driving the future of messaging and mobile services. To apply please visit this URL.
- Two Sigma is building our next generation research environment, and we're looking for a functional programmer with a passion for distributed computing. We're scaling machine learning and operations research to tens of thousands of CPUs. Please send qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have strong LAMP skills and the ability to make systems really scale? Our Client – a multibillion dollar global entity, has Retained us to find someone who can lead the Architecture of a portfolio of LAMP oriented companies. Interested applicants should email WAllen@Cendea.com.
- Blurocket is looking for smart and fun people to build its next generation ecommerce platform. If creating scalable services is in your DNA, let us know! (Salary $250k+). Apply over at StackOverflow.
- Amazing things are happening at Dow Jones – help build the next generation News and Media platforms that serve the best journalism in the world. High-impact, passionate, and driven technologists thrive in our environment, building platforms that deliver trusted content that enlightens and inspires millions around the world. Please apply online
- LogicMonitor is looking for a Front End developer to have a huge impact, be valued, realize their dreams, and help us realize ours. We are looking for someone to own the code that delivers the design and usability of LogicMonitor's enterprise SaaS application(s). Please apply online.
- New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR. Ready to scale a web service with more incoming bits/second than Twitter? http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
Fun and Informative Events
- Surge - The Scalability & Performance Conference, presented by OmniTI is happening on Sept. 12th-13th. Special, High Scalability Reader Rate: $50 off registration--now through September 10! Book hotel and get $50 off, from OmniTI. FREE Puppet training w/registration, September 11.
- It's back! Join the MySQL Community at the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, April 22-25. This year's conference features an outstanding lineup of 92 speakers delivering 112 breakout sessions over three days!
- Visit Budapest this July and learn from those who have been in the trenches of building highly scalable systems at RAMP.
Cool Products and Services
- With a 5-minute setup, Incapsula provides any website with protection against all known and emerging threats (Including spam, SQL Injections, DDoS and more), and acceleration through a global CDN, caching and optimization. See the power of Incapsula on your website with our Free trial.
- Install Aerospike Community Edition in 10 Minutes! To help you get up and running with our Community Edition as quickly as possible, we've created a tutorial video on AerospikeTV that provides guidance on installing your free database. Download our FREE Database and see how easy it is to install!
- The Rackspace Cloud Application Programming Interface (API) has changed the game allowing customers to easily modify their cloud configuration with just a few lines of code. The API is a powerful tool and something everyone should know about, regardless of your level of technical ability.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile integrated solutions for Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Simplifying Mobile Content. Free instant trial, no sign-up required . http://aicache.com/
- New Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x Faster than the Competition. Thumbtack Technology YCSB Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x faster than Cassandra, Couchbase and Mongodb. Read it now!
- ScaleOut Software. In-Memory Data Grids for the Enterprise. Download a Free Trial.
- LogicMonitor - Hosted monitoring of your entire technology stack. Dashboards, trending graphs, alerting. Try it free and be up and running in just 15 minutes.
- AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. Visit http://www.appdynamics.com/free.
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
Apple is Hiring Software Engineer - Messaging Services
Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
An exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join Apple's Messaging Services team. We build the cloud systems that power some of the busiest applications in the world, including iMessage, FaceTime and Apple Push Notifications. You'll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of technologies, developing the server software that is driving the future of messaging and mobile services.
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Familiarity with modern server technologies (e.g., non-blocking IO, distributed storage, etc.)
- Independence and initiative
- Comfort maintaining live production systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional setting
The Messaging Services team is looking for a talented software engineer to help us develop Apple's messaging platform. The ideal candidate is a solid generalist with great technical chops, one who understands client-server architectures and distributed systems.
In this role, you'll build the server stacks for iMessage, FaceTime, Apple Push Notifications, and other systems. You'll design system architectures, specify custom network protocols, and implement high performance code. You'll also develop scalability strategies for applications that support hundreds of millions of users.
We're a small team, with a focus on individual responsibility and agile development. In this role, you'll have the opportunity learn new technologies, going as deep as you like. If you enjoy thinking big and having an impact, you'll enjoy working with us!
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Additional Requirements: Familiarity with Java, C, Lisp or other high-performance languages Experience with network protocols, storage systems, security algorithms a plus
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
Visit Budapest this July and learn from those who have been in the trenches of building highly scalable systems at RAMP
Three startups from Budapest, LogMeIn, Prezi and Ustream, wanted to create a new genre of conference where the best engineers and developers would openly discuss the challenges they faced. Under this idea they organized RAMP, an international conference about how to scale backend systems at startups and fast growing companies in Budapest this July 11-12th.
This conference is for those who want to go beyond just creating "minimal viable products" but MVPs that scale beyond expectations. The conference features a really great lineup of presenters: Jeremy Edberg from Netflix (previously the lead architect of Reddit), Rajiv Eranki ( formerly lead server architect at Dropbox), Theo Schlossnagle from OmnIT, Dathan Pattishall (chief architect of Rockyou, previously Flickr), and other speakers from companies like Yahoo, Percona, Softonic, Wrapp, Microsoft, SoundCloud, and Gareth Rushgrove, who is working for the UK Government.
RAMP will also include open spaces sessions that will allow attendees to join in the discussion, share stories, get feedback, and learn from others.
High Scalability blog readers can even receive a 50 USD discount on the ticket price thanks to a special promotional code. Simply enter "HighScalability" when you book your ticket!
Budapest is an amazing city, the speakers are impressive, and the ticket price is more than reasonable! Feel free to use and distribute the promotional code, too!
Looking for Full-time LAMP-based Lead Architect who knows how to Scale
Have strong LAMP skills and the ability to make systems really scale? Our Client – a multibillion dollar global entity, has Retained us to find someone who can lead the Architecture of a portfolio of LAMP oriented companies. This is someone with 6-10 years experience, working on the latest technologies, and ready to take their career to the next level.
Interested applicants should email WAllen@Cendea.com for more information -- MUST include reasons they fit, resume, and compensation requirements. Local NYC Candidates only -- No relocation!
Think you can build scalable services?
Blurocket is hiring exceptional engineers to help them build out their next generation ecommerce platform. If you think you have the chops and experience at building scalable services and are looking for the chance at working with a super smart and fun team then let us know. We will match your current salary and then some for the right person! Apply over at StackOverflow - http://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/34265/senior-software-developer-250k-plus-blurocket
Incapsula Provides Website Security, DDoS Protection and CDN. Try for Free.
With a 5-minute setup process and a simple DNS switch, Incapsula protects and accelerates any website or web application.
Incapsula’s Cloud-based service includes:
Website Security: a Web Application Firewall to protect your website against sophisticated SQL Injections, Cross Site Scripting, Illegal Resource access and more, in addition to common web 2.0 threats as comment spam, fake registrations, site scraping and other malicious bots.
DDoS Protection: Immediate and comprehensive protection for both application and networks level DDoS attacks.
Website Acceleration: Incapsula’s global CDN improves website performance by caching and optimizing its content.
See the power of Incapsula on your website: http://www.incapsula.com
Dow Jones is Hiring!
Amazing things are happening at Dow Jones – help build the next generation News and Media platforms that serve the best journalism in the world. High-impact, passionate, and driven technologists thrive in our environment, building platforms that deliver trusted content that enlightens and inspires millions around the world. Please apply online.
Surge 2013: The Scalability And Performance Conference
Surge is more than an event, it's a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects Surge is more than an event, it's a chance to identify emerging trends and meet the architects behind established technologies. Learn from their mistakes and see how their victories can power your business forward.
Special, High Scalability Reader Rate: $50 off registration--now through September 10!
What The Rackspace Cloud API Can Do For Your Business
The Rackspace Cloud Application Programming Interface (API) has changed the game allowing customers to easily modify their cloud configuration with just a few lines of code. The API is a powerful tool regardless of your level of technical ability.
So what exactly can you do with the Rackspace Cloud API? Anything you can dream up. By stringing together commands, you can have your application dynamically modify your cloud environment three of the most popular things that customers do with the Rackspace API.
Install Aerospike Community Edition in 10 Minutes!
Install Aerospike Community Edition in 10 Minutes! To help you get up and running with our Community Edition as quickly as possible, we've created a tutorial video on AerospikeTV that provides guidance on installing your free database. Download our FREE Database and see how easy it is to install!
New Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x Faster than the Competition
Thumbtack Technology YCSB Benchmark shows Aerospike nearly 10x faster than Cassandra, Couchbase and Mongodb for consumer-facing applications that require extremely high throughput and low latency, and whose information can be represented using a Key-Value schema. Read it now!
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
See the power of aiCache on your time without being bugged. http://aicache.com/deploy
Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, April 22-25
It's back! Join the MySQL Community at the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo in Santa Clara, April 22-25. This year's conference features an outstanding lineup of 92 speakers delivering 112 breakout sessions over three days! In addition, an optional day of MySQL tutorials is available prior to the conference, where MySQL experts will offer 16 sessions covering a range of technical topics.
Join the MySQL community at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and the Santa Clara Convention Center for this enriching event. Early Bird pricing is available until February 24th. As a special bonus, register using promotion code "HighPerformance" and receive $75.00 off of your registration!
LogicMonitor is Hiring a Front End Engineer
Growing SaaS company seeks Front End Developer for long-lasting and mutually fulfilling relationship! LogicMonitor is looking for a Front End developer to have a huge impact, be valued, realize their dreams, and help us realize ours.
Big talk, but we mean it. LogicMonitor is in an interesting phase of a company's life: we have a great product, thousands of users, rapidly growing revenue - but have never had a dedicated front end engineer. We've realized the error of our ways, and are putting design first. Customers like our product now - can you imagine what impact a great front end developer will have? Can you imagine how much fun it will be to have such an impact?
So what are we looking for? Someone to own the code that delivers the design and usability of LogicMonitor's enterprise SaaS application(s), and ensure they are highly functional, performant, and visually compelling. Someone to lead the implementation to change a product that customers like for its functionality into one they delight in using for its design. Could that someone be you.
Please apply online.
ScaleOut Software. In-memorry Data Grids for the Enterprise
Our in-memory data grid combines distributed caching with powerful map/reduce analytics and management tools to give you a complete solution for managing and analyzing fast-changing data in a server farm, compute grid, or in the cloud. ScaleOut Software's suite of software products eliminates scalability bottlenecks by storing fast-changing operational data in a memory-based grid spanning multiple servers. Built-in analytics can continuously evaluate your data to spot issues or opportunities.
New Relic is looking for a Java Scalability Engineer in Portland, OR
What tools would you use? We build our data collectors with Java and MySQL, on a fairly typical web stack that handles 50+ billion incoming rows per day. We use Thrift, memcached, git, and Jenkins, with Linux in production and OS X on our desks. Other than that, we expect that you will use the right tool for the job. You'll evaluate technology choices with clear vision. You'll learn every day about what works and what doesn't by monitoring, evaluating, and continuously delivering your work to customers.
Apply at http://newrelic.com/about/jobs
LogicMonitor takes the hassle out of monitoring
LogicMonitor’s hosted monitoring proactively alerts you to issues before they negatively impact your business without you having to take an engineer away from development to spend hours configuring and maintaining a monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor entire stack with one tool. Keep tabs on power, network, hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems and applications from a single web-based portal.
- Flexible email/SMS alert routing & escalation: Ensure the right people get alerted at the right time.
- Historical trending graphs: Accelerate troubleshooting, improve capacity planning.
- Customizable dashboards: View all your important metrics on one screen.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery: Pay-as-you-go monthly subscription eliminates CAPEX costs, upgrade fees, system maintenance.
- Automation: Eliminate manual configuration. Scale more efficiently, reliably.
- Affordable: $20 a host per month. Cost per host decreases significantly with volume.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .