Sponsored Post: Apple, Wargaming.net, PagerDuty, HelloSign, CrowdStrike, Gengo, ScaleOut Software, Couchbase, Tokutek, MongoDB, BlueStripe, AiScaler, Aerospike, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple is hiring a Senior Engineer in their Mobile Services team. We seek an accomplished server-side engineer capable of delivering an extraordinary portfolio of features and services based on emerging technologies to our internal customers. Please apply here.
- Apple is hiring a Software Engineer in their Messaging Services team. We build the cloud systems that power some of the busiest applications in the world, including iMessage, FaceTime and Apple Push Notifications. You'll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of technologies, developing the server software that is driving the future of messaging and mobile services. Please apply here.
- Apple is hiring an Enterprise Software Engineer. Apple's Emerging Technology Services group provides a Java based SOA platform for various applications to interact with each other. The platform is designed to handle millions of messages a day with very low latency. We have an immediate opening for a talented Software Engineer in a highly visible team who is passionate about exploring emerging technologies to create elegant scalable solutions. Please apply here.
- Engine Programmer - C/C++. Wargaming|BigWorld is seeking Engine Programmers to join our team in Sydney, Australia. We offer a relocation package, Australian working visa & great salary + bonus. Your primary responsibility will be to work on our PC engine. Please apply here.
- Senior Engineer wanted for large scale, security oriented distributed systems application that offers career growth and independent work environment. Use your talents for good instead of getting people to click ads at CrowdStrike. Please apply here.
- Ops Engineer - Are you passionate about scaling and automating cloud-based websites? Love Puppet and deployment scripts? Want to take advantage of both your sys-admin and DevOps skills? Join HelloSign as our second Ops Engineer and help us scale as we grow! Apply at http://www.hellosign.com/info/jobs
- Human Translation Platform Gengo Seeks Sr. DevOps Engineer. Build an infrastructure capable of handling billions of translation jobs, worked on by tens of thousands of qualified translators. If you love playing with Amazon’s AWS, understand the challenges behind release-engineering, and get a kick out of analyzing log data for performance bottlenecks, please apply here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- The Biggest MongoDB Event Ever Is On. Will You Be There? Join us in New York City June 23-25 for MongoDB World! The conference lineup includes Amazon CTO Werner Vogels and Cloudera Co-Founder Mike Olson for keynote addresses. You’ll walk away with everything you need to know to build and manage modern applications. Register before April 4 to take advantage of super early bird pricing.
- Upcoming Webinar: Practical Guide to SQL - NoSQL Migration. Avoid common pitfalls of NoSQL deployment with the best practices in this May 8 webinar with Anton Yazovskiy of Thumbtack Technology. He will review key questions to ask before migration, and differences in data modeling and architectural approaches. Finally, he will walk you through a typical application based on RDBMS and will migrate it to NoSQL step by step. Register for the webinar.
Cool Products and Services
- PagerDuty helps operations and DevOps engineers resolve problems as quickly as possible. By aggregating errors from all your IT monitoring tools, and allowing easy on-call scheduling that ensures the right alerts reach the right people, PagerDuty increases uptime and reduces on-call burnout—so that you only wake up when you have to. Thousands of companies rely on PagerDuty, including Netflix, Etsy, Heroku, and Github.
- GigOM Interviews Aerospike at Structure Data 2014 on Application Scalability. Aerospike Technical Marketing Director, Young Paik explains how you can add rocket fuel to your big data application by running the Aerospike database on top of Hadoop for lightning fast user-profile lookups. Watch this interview.
- Couchbase: NoSQL and the Hybrid Cloud. If a NoSQL database can be deployed on-premise or it can be deployed in the cloud, why can’t it be deployed on-premise and in the cloud? It can, and it should. Read how in this article converting three use cases for hybrid cloud deployments of NoSQL databases: master / slave, cloud burst, and multi-master.
- Do Continuous MapReduce on Live Data? ScaleOut Software's hServer was built to let you hold your daily business data in-memory, update it as it changes, and concurrently run continuous MapReduce tasks on it to analyze it in real-time. We call this "stateful" analysis. To learn more check out hServer.
- LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting.
- BlueStripe FactFinder Express is the ultimate tool for server monitoring and solving performance problems. Monitor URL response times and see if the problem is the application, a back-end call, a disk, or OS resources.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
PagerDuty Helps You Increase Uptime & Decrease On-Call Burnout
PagerDuty is an incident management platform that helps companies with business-critical applications increase uptime, and helps operations engineers and DevOps teams avoid on-call burnout.
PagerDuty aggregates alerts from all of your monitoring systems, allowing you to view and manage problem reports in a central place. With our robust API, you can create custom integrations between a PagerDuty service and any monitoring tool. This means you can add alerting and incident management to virtually any system, including ticketing and chat. Centralizing incidents from all your systems with PagerDuty means you'll never miss an alert, and if a major incident occurs, we will consolidate alerts to reduce alerting noise.
PagerDuty also enables smart alerting so that you can notify the right people the first time, and resolve issues quickly. Personalized alert notifications guarantee you only get the alerts that you need, and customizable escalation policies ensure that the important issues are resolved. Plus, our endless on-call scheduling options allow you to create multiple schedules without limitations on users or location, so every team gets their preferred on-call rotation.
Wargaming|BigWorld is seeking Engine Programmer - C/C++
Wargaming|BigWorld is seeking Engine Programmers to join our team in Sydney, Australia. We offer a relocation package, Australian working visa & great salary + bonus. Your primary responsibility will be to work on our PC engine. The ideal candidate will have solid commercial experience in engine development including a thorough understanding of the technical side of game engine development with a wide range of experience working with C/C++, be highly innovative and driven by a desire to push cutting edge technology.
Please apply here.
Couchbase: NoSQL and the Hybrid Cloud
If a NoSQL database can be deployed on-premise or it can be deployed in the cloud, why can’t it be deployed on-premise and in the cloud? It can, and it should.
The hybrid cloud is on its way, and your NoSQL database must be ready for it. Is it?
The full article highlights three use cases for hybrid cloud deployments of NoSQL databases: master / slave, cloud burst, and multi-master. In addition, it notes the benefits of deploying NoSQL databases in a hybrid cloud infrastructure: increased infrastructure availability, increased business agility, and increased efficiency.
CrowdStrike is Looking for a Senior Engineer
CrowdStrike, a big data security company is looking for a strong engineer to join our growing cloud team. You'll be working with the latest tools and technologies as well as tried and true ones where they fit best such as Scala, Go, AWS, Python, Cassandra, Hadoop, Elastic Search. You will be responsible for helping to scale our data and processing layer to support millions of events per second as well as terabytes of data per day. We are looking for smart people, not language specific people. People that want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build, we're looking for artisans. We’re remote friendly or offer relocation packages. We're building a data platform that you will have the key role in shaping. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you've come to the right place.
CrowdStrike is a global provider of security technology and services focused on identifying advanced threats and targeted attacks. Using big-data technologies, CrowdStrike’s next-generation threat protection platform leverages real-time Stateful Execution Inspection (SEI) at the endpoint and Machine Learning in the cloud instead of solely focusing on malware signatures, indicators of compromise, exploits, and vulnerabilities.
GigOM Interviews Aerospike at Structure Data 2014 on Application Scalability
Aerospike Technical Marketing Director, Young Paik explains how you can add rocket fuel to your big data application by running the Aerospike database on top of Hadoop for lightning fast user-profile lookups. Watch this interview.
Human Translation Platform Gengo Seeks Sr. DevOps Engineer
You: An engineer enthusiastic about building scalable infrastructures and solving software deployment challenges. You sleep better at night knowing the developers on your team have stable, efficient environments to code in.
Us: We’re a Tokyo-based Internet startup helping large and small online services Go Global through our API and unique translation platform. We love working with cosmopolitan people; most of our team have lived in another country before. Because of all the languages we speak — and code! — in we’re a tight-knit team that works hard, and has fun.
Together: We will build an infrastructure capable of handling billions of translation jobs, worked on by tens of thousands of qualified translators. If you love playing with Amazon’s AWS, understand the challenges behind release-engineering, and get a kick out of analyzing log data for performance bottlenecks all with the goal of making customers happier and translators more efficient, then we’re going to have fun!
Interested? Visit us at http://careers.gengo.com/apply/nBWnWP/Senior-Developer-Operations-Engineer.html for more information!
Do Continuous MapReduce on Live Data?
In an effort to make Hadoop more "real-time," an entire in-memory ecosystem has sprung up around it. The pace of change in this space makes it hard to keep up. Spark is a great tool for speeding up iterative batch processing and interactive query in Hadoop. Storm is a great tool for manipulating data as it streams by. ScaleOut hServer is often placed in these categories, but while hServer can do both of these tasks, it was built with a different purpose in mind. hServer was built to let you hold your daily business data in-memory, update it as it changes, and concurrently run continuous MapReduce tasks on it to analyze it in real-time. We call this "stateful" analysis. In short, it allows you to capture perishable business opportunities using the familiar MapReduce interface-- the same interface you use for your batch analytics. To learn more about hServer, check out www.scaleoutsoftware.com/hserver
Viber has replaced MongoDB with Couchbase Server
As one of the fastest growing VoIP services in the world, the challenge at Viber, their second-generation architecture was built on top of MongoDB shards. Next, Redis was added as a cache on top of the MongoDB shards to increase throughput. Still, MongoDB was unable to meet the high throughput requirements. Finally, a second Redis cluster was added independent of the MongoDB shards. The second-generation architecture was compromised of 150 MongoDB nodes and over 100 Redis nodes.
The third-generation architecture had to support 100,000+ operations per second in the short term and 1,000,000+ operations per second in the long term. Viber chose to build their third-generation architecture on top of Couchbase Server. The third-generation architecture is compromised of 100 to 120 Couchbase Server nodes.
Viber has been able to reduce the number of database nodes required while increasing the throughput with their third-generation architecture. For example, one of their Couchbase clusters (a ten node cluster) handles 100,000 to 200,000 operations per second with over 4.5 terabytes of data.
AppDynamics now offers a trial of its fully-featured application performance management product
AppDynamics offers an easy-to-use application performance monitoring solution for Java, .NET and PHP applications running in a live production environment. Companies like Netflix, Orbitz and Edmunds.com use AppDynamics to rapidly identify & troubleshoot root cause in their large, distributed applications.
Try AppDynamics for free with AppDynamics Lite, a free troubleshooting tool for Java & .NET apps, or a free trial of AppDynamics Pro, their fully-featured application performance management solution. Both Lite and a trial version of Pro are available for download from appdynamics.com and take only a few minutes to install. Get the free trial.
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
LogicMonitor is the Cloud-based IT Performance Monitoring Solution
LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .