Sponsored Post: Apple, Asana, FoundationDB, Cie Games, BattleCry, Surge, Dreambox, Chartbeat, Monitis, Netflix, Salesforce, Cloudant, CopperEgg, Logentries, Gengo, Couchbase, MongoDB, BlueStripe, AiScaler, Aerospike, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple has multiple openings. Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. Imagine what you could do here.
- Software Developer in Test. The iOS Systems team is looking for a Quality Assurance engineer. In this role you will be expected to work hand-in-hand with the software engineering team to find and diagnose software defects. The ideal candidate will also seek out ways to further automate all aspects of our existing process. This is a highly technical role and requires in-depth knowledge of both white-box and black-box testing methodologies. Please apply here.
- Senior Software Engineer -iOS Systems. Do you love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Does the idea of a fast-paced environment make your heart leap? Do you want your technical abilities to be challenged every day, and for your work to make a difference in the lives of millions of people? If so, the iOS Systems Carrier Services team is looking for a talented software engineer who is not afraid to share knowledge, think outside the box, and question assumptions. Please apply here.
- Software Engineering Manager, IS&T WWDR Dev Systems. The WWDR development team is seeking a hands-on engineering manager with a passion for building large-scale, high-performance applications. The successful candidate will be collaborating with Worldwide Developer Relations (WWDR) and various engineering teams throughout Apple. You will lead a team of talented engineers to define and build large-scale web services and applications. Please apply here.
- C++ Senior Developer and Architect- Maps. The Maps Team is looking for a senior developer and architect to support and grow some of the core backend services that support Apple Map's Front End Services. Ideal candidate would have experience with system architecture, as well as the design, implementation, and testing of individual components but also be comfortable with multiple scripting languages. Please apply here.
- Cie Games, small indie developer and publisher in LA, is looking for rock star Senior Game Java programmers to join our team! We need devs with extensive experience building scalable server-side code for games or commercial-quality applications that are rich in functionality. We offer competitive comp, great benefits, interesting projects, and exceptional growth opportunities. Check us out at http://www.ciegames.com/careers.
- BattleCry, the newest ZeniMax studio in Austin, is seeking a qualified Front End Web Engineer to help create and maintain our web presence for AAA online games. This includes the game accounts web site, enhancing the studio website, our web and mobile- based storefront, and front end for support tools. http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/540
- FoundationDB is seeking outstanding developers to join our growing team and help us build the next generation of transactional database technology. You will work with a team of exceptional engineers with backgrounds from top CS programs and successful startups. We don’t just write software. We build our own simulations, test tools, and even languages to write better software. We are well-funded, offer competitive salaries and option grants. Interested? You can learn more here.
- Asana. As an infrastructure engineer you will be designing software to process, query, search, analyze, and store data for applications that are continually growing in scale. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems, and building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space. Please apply here.
- Operations Engineer - AWS Cloud. Want to grow and extend a cutting-edge cloud deployment? Take charge of an innovative 24x7 web service infrastructure on the AWS Cloud? Join DreamBox Learning’s creative team of engineers, designers, and educators. Help us radically change education in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, integrity and fun. Please apply here. http://www.dreambox.com/careers
- Chartbeat measures and monetizes attention on the web. Our traffic numbers are growing, and so is our list of product and feature ideas. That means we need you, and all your unparalleled backend engineer knowledge to help up us scale, extend, and evolve our infrastructure to handle it all. If you've these chops: www.chartbeat.com/jobs/be, come join the team!
- The Salesforce.com Core Application Performance team is seeking talented and experienced software engineers to focus on system reliability and performance, developing solutions for our multi-tenant, on-demand cloud computing system. Ideal candidate is an experienced Java developer, likes solving real-world performance and scalability challenges and building new monitoring and analysis solutions to make our site more reliable, scalable and responsive. Please apply here.
- Sr. Software Engineer - Distributed Systems. Membership platform is at the heart of Netflix product, supporting functions like customer identity, personalized profiles, experimentation, and more. Are you someone who loves to dig into data structure optimization, parallel execution, smart throttling and graceful degradation, SYN and accept queue configuration, and the like? Is the availability vs consistency tradeoff in a distributed system too obvious to you? Do you have an opinion about asynchronous execution and distributed co-ordination? Come join us
- Human Translation Platform Gengo Seeks Sr. DevOps Engineer. Build an infrastructure capable of handling billions of translation jobs, worked on by tens of thousands of qualified translators. If you love playing with Amazon’s AWS, understand the challenges behind release-engineering, and get a kick out of analyzing log data for performance bottlenecks, please apply here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- OmniTI has a reputation for scalable web applications and architectures, but we still lean on our friends and peers to see how things can be done better. Surge started as the brainchild of our employees wanting to bring the best and brightest in Web Operations to our own backyard. Now in its fifth year, Surge has become the conference on scalability and performance. Early Bird rate in effect until 7/24!
Cool Products and Services
- A third party vendor benchmarked the performance of three databases: Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise. The databases were benchmarked with two different workloads (read-intensive / balanced) via YCSB on dedicated servers. Read.
- Now track your log activities with Log Monitor and be on the safe side! Monitor any type of log file and proactively define potential issues that could hurt your business' performance. Detect your log changes for: Error messages, Server connection failures, DNS errors, Potential malicious activity, and much more. Improve your systems and behaviour with Log Monitor.
- The NoSQL "Family Tree" from Cloudant explains the NoSQL product landscape using an infographic. The highlights: NoSQL arose from "Big Data" (before it was called "Big Data"); NoSQL is not "One Size Fits All"; Vendor-driven versus Community-driven NoSQL. Create a free Cloudant account and start the NoSQL goodness.
- Finally, log management and analytics can be easy, accessible across your team, and provide deep insights into data that matters across the business - from development, to operations, to business analytics. Create your free Logentries account here.
- CopperEgg. Simple, Affordable Cloud Monitoring. CopperEgg gives you instant visibility into all of your cloud-hosted servers and applications. Cloud monitoring has never been so easy: lightweight, elastic monitoring; root cause analysis; data visualization; smart alerts. Get Started Now.
- Whitepaper Clarifies ACID Support in Aerospike. In our latest whitepaper, author and Aerospike VP of Engineering & Operations, Srini Srinivasan, defines ACID support in Aerospike, and explains how Aerospike maintains high consistency by using techniques to reduce the possibility of partitions.
Read the whitepaper: http://www.aerospike.com/docs/architecture/assets/AerospikeACIDSupport.pdf.
- LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting.
- BlueStripe FactFinder Express is the ultimate tool for server monitoring and solving performance problems. Monitor URL response times and see if the problem is the application, a back-end call, a disk, or OS resources.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
MongoDB and DataStax, In the Rearview Mirror
A third party vendor benchmarked the performance of three databases: Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise. The databases were benchmarked with two different workloads (read-intensive / balanced) via YCSB on dedicated servers.
With poor read and write latency, one did not scale with load. With great write latency but poor read latency, one did not scale well with load. With great read and write latency, one scaled well with load.
How do integrated caching, smart clients, a single node type and document level locking affect performance?
Cie Games is looking for Senior Game Java programmers
Cie Games is looking for Senior Game Java programmers that have extensive experience building scalable server-side code for games or commercial-quality applications that are rich in functionality. We need developers with demonstrated experience in object oriented design and development of applications and systems and defensive coding ability accompanied with strong analytical and creative problem solving skills. Looking for people with 5 - 7 years of work experience in Java (Servlets, JSP, JSF) and fundamental knowledge of back-end web development (REST APIs). Big plus for knowing these technologies: MySQL, mongodb, memcached, Redis, ehcache, or other fast and scalable databases.
Cie Games is a leading independent developer and publisher of mobile games, including Racing Rivals and Car Town Streets. Collectively, Cie Games titles have seen more than 75 million installs in 3 years. Both Racing Rivals and Car Town Streets were listed among Apple's Top 100 Games in 2013. Named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes, and ranked on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, Cie Games is a venture-backed company and is based in Long Beach, CA.
Cie Games provides a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health coverage, employer-matched 401k, interesting projects, and exceptional growth opportunities. You'll work with a smart group of driven and talented Project Managers, Designers, and Developers. We have an award-winning office with ping pong, video games, snacks, walls you can draw on, and an amazing view of the ocean.
Join our Team! Apply by visiting www.ciegames.com/careers
BattleCry is Hiring a Front End Web Engineer
BattleCry, the newest ZeniMax studio in Austin, is seeking a qualified Front End Web Engineer to help create and maintain our web presence for AAA online games. This includes the game accounts web site, enhancing the studio website, our web and mobile- based storeront, and front end for support tools. http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/540
- Design and build web-based presentation layer for the game and game tools
- 3+ years’ experience building reliable, highly available and scalable platforms (ideally some of it in games)
- Experience building in a cloud environment (ideally AWS)
- Expertise in OO programming in Python (C++ experience a bonus, but not required)
- Knowledge of Linux environments, source code control systems, and release management
- Strong coding, algorithm design, debugging skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science or (equivalent)
- Django, Tornado, or Twisted experience
- Node.js experience
- Experience with messaging frameworks (AMQP)
- Strong relational database fundamentals, hands-on experience with non-relational/NoSQL alternatives, and solid grasp of which to use when
- Experience with MVC frameworks is plus
- Experience with integrating with third party APIs (including social networks and payment/billing systems)
Asana is Hiring
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world become more effective in working together and in realizing their visions.
Given that those teams rely on us every day, our engineering team's number one priority is delivering a stable and fast service. As a member of the infrastructure team, you'll build and operate software to make Asana secure, scalable, stable and fast. Asana is a product-focused company and the infrastructure team builds the foundation needed to support first-rate web and mobile applications and a robust API. You'll be combining industry best-practices and your innovation with a ground-breaking reactive framework.
As an infrastructure engineer you will be designing software to process, query, search, analyze, and store data for applications that are continually growing in scale. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems, and building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space.
- Design, build and operate services that are the foundation of Asana’s collaboration & communication software
- Design and implement tooling and automation for clustering, scaling, monitoring and alerting
- Participate in the on-call rotation, investigate and resolve production problems
- Have expertise in programming and computer science, and have a strong interest in distributed systems
- Focus on eliminating risks and build reliable, scalable and performant systems
- Want to make a longterm commitment to join a family
- Are kind and mature
We offer a $20,000 referral bonus for this position.
Please apply here.
We are also looking for Production Engineers
Chartbeat is Hiring
Chartbeat measures and monetizes attention on the web. Through our editorial tools and advertising solutions, we power 80% of the top publishers in the US and media sites in 35+ countries with dashboards, browser overlay heads up displays, APIs, campaign reports and more.
We're constantly on the lookout for talented, awesome, and energetic folks to join our Chartteam in our growing-every-second Manhattan office. Our traffic numbers are growing, and so is our list of product and feature ideas. That means we need you, and all your unparalleled backend engineer knowledge to help up us scale, extend, and evolve our infrastructure to handle it all. See all of our current nerdtastic Chartteam members at chartbeat.com/about, and check out available job openings right here on this company page and on chartbeat.com/jobs.
Salesforce is seeking talented and experienced software engineers
The Salesforce.com Core Application Performance team is seeking talented and experienced software engineers to focus on system reliability and performance, developing solutions for our multi-tenant, on-demand cloud computing system. Ideal candidate is an experienced Java developer, likes solving real-world performance and scalability challenges and building new monitoring and analysis solutions to make our site more reliable, scalable and responsive. Expertise in server-side Java and application server performance, scalable data structures, efficient database access, and caching strategies is desired. You will get an opportunity to touch, change and tune the entire Salesforce.com stack from the network and servers to core application internals, with a view to peak performance.
- Sound Java development and OS fundamentals for scalable server applications (Efficient I/O, Memory Management, Concurrency, Collections, OpenJDK and JVM Internals to name some areas) ·
- Hands-on experience with Java application server performance
- Using, extending as needed, production Java profiling Tools ( for example: YourKit, Eclipse MAT, Linux Perf , Mission Control)
- Pragmatic approach to finding solutions for performance issues and craft fixes
- Sound computer science concepts in the area of algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, operations systems, caching, databases, etc.
- 5+ years of performance oriented development, analysis, troubleshooting, and optimization on large scale enterprise systems · BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills · Ability to work well within the team and also consult with influence across teams · Experience with production deployment performance in mission critical environments Would you like to apply to this job?
Please apply here.
Human Translation Platform Gengo Seeks Sr. DevOps Engineer
You: An engineer enthusiastic about building scalable infrastructures and solving software deployment challenges. You sleep better at night knowing the developers on your team have stable, efficient environments to code in.
Us: We’re a Tokyo-based Internet startup helping large and small online services Go Global through our API and unique translation platform. We love working with cosmopolitan people; most of our team have lived in another country before. Because of all the languages we speak — and code! — in we’re a tight-knit team that works hard, and has fun.
Together: We will build an infrastructure capable of handling billions of translation jobs, worked on by tens of thousands of qualified translators. If you love playing with Amazon’s AWS, understand the challenges behind release-engineering, and get a kick out of analyzing log data for performance bottlenecks all with the goal of making customers happier and translators more efficient, then we’re going to have fun!
Interested? Visit us at http://careers.gengo.com/apply/nBWnWP/Senior-Developer-Operations-Engineer.html for more information!
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
LogicMonitor is the Cloud-based IT Performance Monitoring Solution
LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .