Sponsored Post: Apple, Tumblr, Gawker, FoundationDB, Monitis, BattleCry, Surge, Cloudant, CopperEgg, Logentries, Couchbase, MongoDB, BlueStripe, AiScaler, Aerospike, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple has multiple openings. Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. Imagine what you could do here.
- Senior Software Engineer -iOS Systems. Do you love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Does the idea of a fast-paced environment make your heart leap? Do you want your technical abilities to be challenged every day, and for your work to make a difference in the lives of millions of people? If so, the iOS Systems Carrier Services team is looking for a talented software engineer who is not afraid to share knowledge, think outside the box, and question assumptions. Please apply here.
- Software Engineering Manager, IS&T WWDR Dev Systems. The WWDR development team is seeking a hands-on engineering manager with a passion for building large-scale, high-performance applications. The successful candidate will be collaborating with Worldwide Developer Relations (WWDR) and various engineering teams throughout Apple. You will lead a team of talented engineers to define and build large-scale web services and applications. Please apply here.
- C++ Senior Developer and Architect- Maps. The Maps Team is looking for a senior developer and architect to support and grow some of the core backend services that support Apple Map's Front End Services. Ideal candidate would have experience with system architecture, as well as the design, implementation, and testing of individual components but also be comfortable with multiple scripting languages. Please apply here.
- Site Reliability Engineer. The iOS Systems team is building out a Site Reliability organization. In this role you will be expected to work hand-in-hand with the teams across all phases of the project lifecycle to support systems and to take ownership as they move from QA through integrated testing, certification and production. Please apply here.
- Make Tumblr fast, reliable and available for hundreds of millions of visitors and tens of millions of users. As a Site Reliability Engineer you are a software developer with a love of highly performant, fault-tolerant, massively distributed systems. Apply here.
- Systems & Networking Lead at Gawker. We are looking for someone to take the initiative on the lowest layers of the Kinja platform. All the way down to power and up through hardware, networking, load-balancing, provisioning and base-configuration. The goal for this quarter is a roughly 30% capacity expansion, and the goal for next quarter will be a rolling CentOS7 upgrade as well as to planning/quoting/pitching our 2015 footprint and budget. For the full job spec and to apply, click here: http://grnh.se/t8rfbw
- BattleCry, the newest ZeniMax studio in Austin, is seeking a qualified Front End Web Engineer to help create and maintain our web presence for AAA online games. This includes the game accounts web site, enhancing the studio website, our web and mobile- based storefront, and front end for support tools. http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/540
- FoundationDB is seeking outstanding developers to join our growing team and help us build the next generation of transactional database technology. You will work with a team of exceptional engineers with backgrounds from top CS programs and successful startups. We don’t just write software. We build our own simulations, test tools, and even languages to write better software. We are well-funded, offer competitive salaries and option grants. Interested? You can learn more here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- OmniTI has a reputation for scalable web applications and architectures, but we still lean on our friends and peers to see how things can be done better. Surge started as the brainchild of our employees wanting to bring the best and brightest in Web Operations to our own backyard. Now in its fifth year, Surge has become the conference on scalability and performance. Early Bird rate in effect until 7/24!
Cool Products and Services
- Get your Black Belt in NoSQL. Couchbase Learning Services presents hands-on training for mission-critical NoSQL. This is the fastest, most reliable way to gain skills in advanced NoSQL application development and systemsoperation, through expert instruction with hands-on practical labs, in a structured learning environment. Trusted training. From Couchbase. View the schedule, read attendee testimonials & enroll now.
- Now track your log activities with Log Monitor and be on the safe side! Monitor any type of log file and proactively define potential issues that could hurt your business' performance. Detect your log changes for: Error messages, Server connection failures, DNS errors, Potential malicious activity, and much more. Improve your systems and behaviour with Log Monitor.
- The NoSQL "Family Tree" from Cloudant explains the NoSQL product landscape using an infographic. The highlights: NoSQL arose from "Big Data" (before it was called "Big Data"); NoSQL is not "One Size Fits All"; Vendor-driven versus Community-driven NoSQL. Create a free Cloudant account and start the NoSQL goodness.
- Finally, log management and analytics can be easy, accessible across your team, and provide deep insights into data that matters across the business - from development, to operations, to business analytics. Create your free Logentries account here.
- CopperEgg. Simple, Affordable Cloud Monitoring. CopperEgg gives you instant visibility into all of your cloud-hosted servers and applications. Cloud monitoring has never been so easy: lightweight, elastic monitoring; root cause analysis; data visualization; smart alerts. Get Started Now.
- Whitepaper Clarifies ACID Support in Aerospike. In our latest whitepaper, author and Aerospike VP of Engineering & Operations, Srini Srinivasan, defines ACID support in Aerospike, and explains how Aerospike maintains high consistency by using techniques to reduce the possibility of partitions.
Read the whitepaper: http://www.aerospike.com/docs/architecture/assets/AerospikeACIDSupport.pdf.
- BlueStripe FactFinder Express is the ultimate tool for server monitoring and solving performance problems. Monitor URL response times and see if the problem is the application, a back-end call, a disk, or OS resources.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
Get your Black Belt in NoSQL
Couchbase Learning Services presents hands-on training for mission-critical NoSQL. This is the fastest, most reliable way to gain skills in advanced NoSQL application development and systems operation, through expert instruction with hands-on practical labs, in a structured learning environment.
Now available in open-enrollment classes in multiple cities, our lab-intensive training courses are the best in the NoSQL world, designed to build real proven skills that will help make your NoSQL database deployments smooth and successful.
Choose from 2 classes:
NoSQL Application Development - With the explosion of users and data in all segments of enterprise, web and mobile computing, the ability to build scalable, cloud-ready NoSQL database applications that take advantage of today’s high-performance NoSQL server clusters is a skill in super high-demand.
NoSQL Server Administration - On the server side, demand for “reference” skills based on best practices for key use-cases is even more critical. When you deploy the most reliable, high performance NoSQL server in the world for mission-critical workloads and use-cases, you and your team want to be sure you have sufficient skills and hands-on “flight time” to deploy, configure, manage and operate such datacenter resources skillfully, according to best practices, right from day one.
Trusted training. From Couchbase. View the schedule, read attendee testimonials & enroll now. http://training.couchbase.com/
BattleCry is Hiring a Front End Web Engineer
BattleCry, the newest ZeniMax studio in Austin, is seeking a qualified Front End Web Engineer to help create and maintain our web presence for AAA online games. This includes the game accounts web site, enhancing the studio website, our web and mobile- based storeront, and front end for support tools. http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/540
- Design and build web-based presentation layer for the game and game tools
- 3+ years’ experience building reliable, highly available and scalable platforms (ideally some of it in games)
- Experience building in a cloud environment (ideally AWS)
- Expertise in OO programming in Python (C++ experience a bonus, but not required)
- Knowledge of Linux environments, source code control systems, and release management
- Strong coding, algorithm design, debugging skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science or (equivalent)
- Django, Tornado, or Twisted experience
- Node.js experience
- Experience with messaging frameworks (AMQP)
- Strong relational database fundamentals, hands-on experience with non-relational/NoSQL alternatives, and solid grasp of which to use when
- Experience with MVC frameworks is plus
- Experience with integrating with third party APIs (including social networks and payment/billing systems)
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
LogicMonitor is the Cloud-based IT Performance Monitoring Solution
LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .