Sponsored Post: Apple, Gawker, FoundationDB, Monitis, Cie Games, BattleCry, Surge, Cloudant, CopperEgg, Logentries, Couchbase, MongoDB, BlueStripe, AiScaler, Aerospike, AppDynamics, ManageEngine, Site24x7
- Apple has multiple openings. Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. Imagine what you could do here.
- Software Developer in Test. The iOS Systems team is looking for a Quality Assurance engineer. In this role you will be expected to work hand-in-hand with the software engineering team to find and diagnose software defects. The ideal candidate will also seek out ways to further automate all aspects of our existing process. This is a highly technical role and requires in-depth knowledge of both white-box and black-box testing methodologies. Please apply here.
- Senior Software Engineer -iOS Systems. Do you love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Does the idea of a fast-paced environment make your heart leap? Do you want your technical abilities to be challenged every day, and for your work to make a difference in the lives of millions of people? If so, the iOS Systems Carrier Services team is looking for a talented software engineer who is not afraid to share knowledge, think outside the box, and question assumptions. Please apply here.
- Software Engineering Manager, IS&T WWDR Dev Systems. The WWDR development team is seeking a hands-on engineering manager with a passion for building large-scale, high-performance applications. The successful candidate will be collaborating with Worldwide Developer Relations (WWDR) and various engineering teams throughout Apple. You will lead a team of talented engineers to define and build large-scale web services and applications. Please apply here.
- C++ Senior Developer and Architect- Maps. The Maps Team is looking for a senior developer and architect to support and grow some of the core backend services that support Apple Map's Front End Services. Ideal candidate would have experience with system architecture, as well as the design, implementation, and testing of individual components but also be comfortable with multiple scripting languages. Please apply here.
- Systems & Networking Lead at Gawker. We are looking for someone to take the initiative on the lowest layers of the Kinja platform. All the way down to power and up through hardware, networking, load-balancing, provisioning and base-configuration. The goal for this quarter is a roughly 30% capacity expansion, and the goal for next quarter will be a rolling CentOS7 upgrade as well as to planning/quoting/pitching our 2015 footprint and budget. For the full job spec and to apply, click here: http://grnh.se/t8rfbw
- Cie Games, small indie developer and publisher in LA, is looking for rock star Senior Game Java programmers to join our team! We need devs with extensive experience building scalable server-side code for games or commercial-quality applications that are rich in functionality. We offer competitive comp, great benefits, interesting projects, and exceptional growth opportunities. Check us out at http://www.ciegames.com/careers.
- BattleCry, the newest ZeniMax studio in Austin, is seeking a qualified Front End Web Engineer to help create and maintain our web presence for AAA online games. This includes the game accounts web site, enhancing the studio website, our web and mobile- based storefront, and front end for support tools. http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/540
- FoundationDB is seeking outstanding developers to join our growing team and help us build the next generation of transactional database technology. You will work with a team of exceptional engineers with backgrounds from top CS programs and successful startups. We don’t just write software. We build our own simulations, test tools, and even languages to write better software. We are well-funded, offer competitive salaries and option grants. Interested? You can learn more here.
- UI Engineer– AppDynamics, founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, is looking for a passionate UI Engineer to design, architect, and develop our their user interface using the latest web and mobile technologies. Make the impossible possible and the hard easy. Apply here.
- Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Big Data – AppDynamics, leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center, is looking for a Software Engineers (All-Levels) to design and develop scalable software written in Java and MySQL for backend component of software that manages application architectures. Apply here.
Fun and Informative Events
- OmniTI has a reputation for scalable web applications and architectures, but we still lean on our friends and peers to see how things can be done better. Surge started as the brainchild of our employees wanting to bring the best and brightest in Web Operations to our own backyard. Now in its fifth year, Surge has become the conference on scalability and performance. Early Bird rate in effect until 7/24!
Cool Products and Services
- Couchbase, MongoDB and DataStax: Compared. Find out which database delivers great read/write latency while scaling well with both read-intensive and balanced workloads. Get the initial results here: http://info.couchbase.com/2014-Benchmark-Showdown-Results-LP.html.
- Now track your log activities with Log Monitor and be on the safe side! Monitor any type of log file and proactively define potential issues that could hurt your business' performance. Detect your log changes for: Error messages, Server connection failures, DNS errors, Potential malicious activity, and much more. Improve your systems and behaviour with Log Monitor.
- The NoSQL "Family Tree" from Cloudant explains the NoSQL product landscape using an infographic. The highlights: NoSQL arose from "Big Data" (before it was called "Big Data"); NoSQL is not "One Size Fits All"; Vendor-driven versus Community-driven NoSQL. Create a free Cloudant account and start the NoSQL goodness.
- Finally, log management and analytics can be easy, accessible across your team, and provide deep insights into data that matters across the business - from development, to operations, to business analytics. Create your free Logentries account here.
- CopperEgg. Simple, Affordable Cloud Monitoring. CopperEgg gives you instant visibility into all of your cloud-hosted servers and applications. Cloud monitoring has never been so easy: lightweight, elastic monitoring; root cause analysis; data visualization; smart alerts. Get Started Now.
- Whitepaper Clarifies ACID Support in Aerospike. In our latest whitepaper, author and Aerospike VP of Engineering & Operations, Srini Srinivasan, defines ACID support in Aerospike, and explains how Aerospike maintains high consistency by using techniques to reduce the possibility of partitions.
Read the whitepaper: http://www.aerospike.com/docs/architecture/assets/AerospikeACIDSupport.pdf.
- BlueStripe FactFinder Express is the ultimate tool for server monitoring and solving performance problems. Monitor URL response times and see if the problem is the application, a back-end call, a disk, or OS resources.
- aiScaler, aiProtect, aiMobile Application Delivery Controller with integrated Dynamic Site Acceleration, Denial of Service Protection and Mobile Content Management. Cloud deployable. Free instant trial, no sign-up required. http://aiscaler.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below. Please click to read more...
The 2014 NoSQL Benchmark Showdown
Thumbtack published an excellent blog post. It highlights the preliminary results of performance tests executed with Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise (Apache Cassandra). The final results will be included in a benchmark report. Thumbtack consulted with Couchbase, MongoDB and DataStax to ensure the databases were configured for optimal performance based on both the workload and the hardware. The result? Couchbase Server outperformed MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise in both read intensive workloads and balanced workloads.
Performance is a fundamental requirement of databases. It has a direct impact on user experience and customer satisfaction. A high performance database enables many users to access data at the same time and to do so without delay. It has a direct impact on cost. A high performance database requires fewer nodes. If it's deployed to the cloud, it requires fewer instances, fewer subscriptions and results in less charges. If it's deployed to a data center, it requires fewer servers, fewer subscriptions and results in less less energy consumption (link). It lowers costs.
Cie Games is looking for Senior Game Java programmers
Cie Games is looking for Senior Game Java programmers that have extensive experience building scalable server-side code for games or commercial-quality applications that are rich in functionality. We need developers with demonstrated experience in object oriented design and development of applications and systems and defensive coding ability accompanied with strong analytical and creative problem solving skills. Looking for people with 5 - 7 years of work experience in Java (Servlets, JSP, JSF) and fundamental knowledge of back-end web development (REST APIs). Big plus for knowing these technologies: MySQL, mongodb, memcached, Redis, ehcache, or other fast and scalable databases.
Cie Games is a leading independent developer and publisher of mobile games, including Racing Rivals and Car Town Streets. Collectively, Cie Games titles have seen more than 75 million installs in 3 years. Both Racing Rivals and Car Town Streets were listed among Apple's Top 100 Games in 2013. Named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes, and ranked on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, Cie Games is a venture-backed company and is based in Long Beach, CA.
Cie Games provides a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health coverage, employer-matched 401k, interesting projects, and exceptional growth opportunities. You'll work with a smart group of driven and talented Project Managers, Designers, and Developers. We have an award-winning office with ping pong, video games, snacks, walls you can draw on, and an amazing view of the ocean.
Join our Team! Apply by visiting www.ciegames.com/careers
BattleCry is Hiring a Front End Web Engineer
BattleCry, the newest ZeniMax studio in Austin, is seeking a qualified Front End Web Engineer to help create and maintain our web presence for AAA online games. This includes the game accounts web site, enhancing the studio website, our web and mobile- based storeront, and front end for support tools. http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/540
- Design and build web-based presentation layer for the game and game tools
- 3+ years’ experience building reliable, highly available and scalable platforms (ideally some of it in games)
- Experience building in a cloud environment (ideally AWS)
- Expertise in OO programming in Python (C++ experience a bonus, but not required)
- Knowledge of Linux environments, source code control systems, and release management
- Strong coding, algorithm design, debugging skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science or (equivalent)
- Django, Tornado, or Twisted experience
- Node.js experience
- Experience with messaging frameworks (AMQP)
- Strong relational database fundamentals, hands-on experience with non-relational/NoSQL alternatives, and solid grasp of which to use when
- Experience with MVC frameworks is plus
- Experience with integrating with third party APIs (including social networks and payment/billing systems)
Test aiCache acceleration for free. No sign-up required.
We have set up aiCache on the Amazon Ec2 cloud to allow you to accelerate your website, test it, and optionally deploy in about 10 minutes. No sign-up required and its free.
You give us your website address and we spin up an AWS Micro instance running aiCache configured for your site. We then give you a simple configuration tool, if you want to further tune the Dynamic Caching.
You can then test your regular site and the accelerated site side by side in real time, from a third party testing service, complete with waterfall chart to tell you what is slow. With a few clicks you can tune the Dynamic Caching and re-run the test till you get the optimal config, unique to your site.
Want to deploy it? Great put in the AWS instance ID and Key and we will push it to your choice of live server.
Got everything perfect? Update your DNS or pull a copy to your datacenter.
Want help? We can have one of our engineers hop on and joint edit the config file with you, to work through tricky SSL and Session authentication. A do it yourself kinda engineer? Great context sensitive help is available of every line of the config file.
Want to save it for later, no problem. Want to download it for use on your own box, clicky-clicky free.
LogicMonitor is the Cloud-based IT Performance Monitoring Solution
LogicMonitor is the cloud-based IT performance monitoring solution that enables companies to easily and cost-effectively monitor their entire IT infrastructure stack – storage, servers, networks, applications, virtualization, and websites – from the cloud. No firewall changes needed - start monitoring in only 15 minutes utilizing customized dashboards, trending graphs & alerting.
AppDynamics Troubleshooting Java Performance for Free
AppDynamics is the very first free product designed for troubleshooting Java performance while getting full visibility in production environments. If you're an application owner and need to ensure high availability and performance--but not ready to purchase a full monitoring tool--AppDynamics Lite is build for you. Install in two minutes; be monitoring a Java Virtual Machine in 10 minutes.
ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine provides Enterprise IT Management suite of products. ManageEngine Applications Manager helps SaaS companies monitor their production applications and helps keep costs low.
There is out-of-the-box support for monitoring application servers, database servers, servers and web servers from a single web console. In addition to support for IBM Applications, Oracle Apps and Microsoft applications, there is deep support for Open Source Applications like JBoss, Memcached, LAMP stack etc. Pricing starts at $795 for monitoring 25 servers or applications. Learn more about the Application Performance Monitoring tool.
Site24x7.com (from ZOHO) is a Website and Web Application Monitoring service. It helps you ensure your shopping carts and other web transactions work. It also helps you monitor the performance of your websites from a global point of presence. You can Sign Up for a Free Trial. The Professional Edition starts at $1 / Month. Learn more about the Website Monitoring Service.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please take a look at the advertising section .