Sponsored Post: Aerospike, Loupe, Clubhouse, GoCardless, Auth0, InnoGames, Contentful, Stream, Scalyr, VividCortex, MemSQL, InMemory.Net, Zohocorp
- GoCardless is building the payments network for the internet. We’re looking for DevOps Engineers to help scale our infrastructure so that the thousands of businesses using our service across Europe can take payments. You will be part of a small team that sets the direction of the GoCardless core stack. You will think through all the moving pieces and issues that can arise, and collaborate with every other team to drive engineering efforts in the company. Please apply here.
- InnoGames is looking for Site Reliability Engineers. Do you not only want to play games, but help building them? Join InnoGames in Hamburg, one of the worldwide leading developers and publishers of online games. You are the kind of person who leaves systems in a better state than they were before. You want to hack on our internal tools based on django/python, as well as improving the stability of our 5000+ Debian VMs. Orchestration with Puppet is your passion and you would rather automate stuff than touch it twice. Relational Database Management Systems aren't a black hole for you? Then apply here!
Fun and Informative Events
- DBTA Roundtable Webinar: Fast Data: The Key Ingredients to Real-Time Success. Thursday February 23, 2017 | 11:00 AM Pacific Time. Join Stephen Faig, Research Director Unisphere Research and DBTA, as he hosts a roundtable discussion covering new technologies that are coming to the forefront to facilitate real-time analytics, including in-memory platforms, self-service BI tools and all-flash storage arrays. Brian Bulkowski, CTO and Co-Founder of Aerospike, will be speaking along with presenters from Attunity and Hazelcast. Learn more and register.
- Your event here!
Cool Products and Services
- Working on a software product? Clubhouse is a project management tool that helps software teams plan, build, and deploy their products with ease. Try it free today or learn why thousands of teams use Clubhouse as a Trello alternative or JIRA alternative.
- A note for .NET developers: You know the pain of troubleshooting errors with limited time, limited information, and limited tools. Log management, exception tracking, and monitoring solutions can help, but many of them treat the .NET platform as an afterthought. You should learn about Loupe...Loupe is a .NET logging and monitoring solution made for the .NET platform from day one. It helps you find and fix problems fast by tracking performance metrics, capturing errors in your .NET software, identifying which errors are causing the greatest impact, and pinpointing root causes. Learn more and try it free today.
- Auth0 is the easiest way to add secure authentication to any app/website. With 40+ SDKs for most languages and frameworks (PHP, Java, .NET, Angular, Node, etc), you can integrate social, 2FA, SSO, and passwordless login in minutes. Sign up for a free 22 day trial. No credit card required. Get Started Now.
- Build, scale and personalize your news feeds and activity streams with getstream.io. Try the API now in this 5 minute interactive tutorial. Stream is free up to 3 million feed updates so it's easy to get started. Client libraries are available for Node, Ruby, Python, PHP, Go, Java and .NET. Stream is currently also hiring Devops and Python/Go developers in Amsterdam. More than 400 companies rely on Stream for their production feed infrastructure, this includes apps with 30 million users. With your help we'd like to ad a few zeros to that number. Check out the job opening on AngelList.
- Scalyr is a lightning-fast log management and operational data platform. It's a tool (actually, multiple tools) that your entire team will love. Get visibility into your production issues without juggling multiple tabs and different services -- all of your logs, server metrics and alerts are in your browser and at your fingertips. . Loved and used by teams at Codecademy, ReturnPath, Grab, and InsideSales. Learn more today or see why Scalyr is a great alternative to Splunk.
- InMemory.Net provides a Dot Net native in memory database for analysing large amounts of data. It runs natively on .Net, and provides a native .Net, COM & ODBC apis for integration. It also has an easy to use language for importing data, and supports standard SQL for querying data. http://InMemory.Net
VividCortex is a SaaS database monitoring product that provides the best way for organizations to improve their database performance, efficiency, and uptime. Currently supporting MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, and Amazon Aurora database types, it's a secure, cloud-hosted platform that eliminates businesses' most critical visibility gap. VividCortex uses patented algorithms to analyze and surface relevant insights, so users can proactively fix future performance problems before they impact customers.
- MemSQL provides a distributed in-memory database for high value data. It's designed to handle extreme data ingest and store the data for real-time, streaming and historical analysis using SQL. MemSQL also cost effectively supports both application and ad-hoc queries concurrently across all data. Start a free 30 day trial here: http://www.memsql.com/
- ManageEngine Applications Manager : Monitor physical, virtual and Cloud Applications.
- www.site24x7.com : Monitor End User Experience from a global monitoring network.
If any of these items interest you there's a full description of each sponsor below...
The Solution to Your Operational Diagnostics Woes
Scalyr gives you instant visibility of your production systems, helping you turn chaotic logs and system metrics into actionable data at interactive speeds. Don't be limited by the slow and narrow capabilities of traditional log monitoring tools. View and analyze all your logs and system metrics from multiple sources in one place. Get enterprise-grade functionality with sane pricing and insane performance. Learn more today.
VividCortex Gives You Database Superpowers
Database monitoring is hard, but VividCortex makes it easy. Modern apps run complex queries at large scales across distributed, diverse types of databases (e.g. document, relational, key-value). The “data tier” that these become is tremendously difficult to observe and measure as a whole. The result? Nobody knows exactly what’s happening across all those servers.
VividCortex lets you handle this complexity like a superhero. With VividCortex, you're able to inspect all databases and their workloads together from a bird's eye view, spotting problems and zooming down to individual queries and 1-second-resolution metrics in just two mouse clicks. With VividCortex, you gain a superset of system-monitoring tools that use only global metrics (such as status counters), offering deep, multi-dimensional slice-and-dice visibility into queries, I/O, and CPU, plus other key measurements of your system's work. VividCortex is smart, opinionated, and understands databases deeply, too: it knows about queries, EXPLAIN plans, SQL bugs, typical query performance, and more. It empowers you to find and solve problems that you can't even see with other types of monitoring systems, because they don’t measure what matters to the database.
Best of all, VividCortex isn’t just a DBA tool. Unlike traditional monitoring tools, VividCortex eliminates the walls between development and production -- anybody can benefit from VividCortex and be a superhero. With powerful tools like time-over-time comparison, developers gain immediate production visibility into databases with no need for access to the production servers. Our customers vouch for it: Problems are solved faster and they're solved before they ever reach production. As a bonus, DBAs no longer become the bottleneck for things like code reviews and troubleshooting in the database.
If you are interested in a sponsored post for an event, job, or product, please contact us for more information.